• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
...so...He loosely matched the description of a Robbery suspect, and they come at the dude guns hot with a dozen units.

...okay. another day in America.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017

Person handling that twitter needs media training
D8uWHzqW4AE9LUD.jpg

Fuuuuuuuuck off.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
There are saying "2 minutes are missing from the recording", evidentally those will show his super powers and calling in a nuclear strike

Heri

Oct 28, 2017
So, an unarmed man, handcuffed and surrounded by multiple policemen is still considered a danger but dozens of armed Nazis walking on the streets is perfectly normal and not dangerous at all...

It sounds like America.

Pet

More helpful than the IRS
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
Legit had tears watching this.

I can't even comprehend how Americans can live in such climate. I feel unsafe, threatened and insecure as hell watching this, and I am an extremely white woman living thousands of miles away from this place. I can't even begin to fathom how black people must feel, this is disheartening, this is infuriating, this is beyond sad. How can the USA claim to be a 1st world country when this kind of shit happens on the daily?

I often entertain the idea of moving away from our country with my partner for work purposes, but every time the USA pops up as an option, we both are unanimous about this: hard motherfucking pass. How do you even live and function properly in this country is beyond me. I feel like y'all have to internalize a hell lot of shit as normal and end up thinking they are, while the rest of the world look at you with an horrified look on our faces.

Because Americans are dumb and don't understand how awful our country is. We're spoon fed how great we are... it's really quite pathetic.

There are so many better choices than the US. I love my country but it's a fucking awful place if you're poor or the wrong color or both.

Trust me, I make a point to suppress thinking about how fucked up our country is every day. The "police" are a bunch of corrupt, racist maggots that regularly harass and murder people. We're okay with the level of gun violence that has every other civilized country wondering wtf is going on. People die all the time because they can't afford healthcare. Children here aren't educated and are taught crazy things like evolution being fake or just "a theory." This country is a MESS.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Citizens are having to deescalate life-and-death situations, and not the "trained" professionals.

Cops are basically animals at that point.

Skade

Oct 28, 2017
4 cars with 8 cops with guns drawn to arrrest one dude that is on his knees and not resisting and they needed this woman to finally deciding to do their job.

Are the US cops trained to do this job ? Just even a little ?

Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Attacking other members
fuck all cops, every single one

that includes if anyone here is a cop. fuck you

Deleted member 22649

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
What can we do about this? It's clear that our police force is a bunch of racist bullies and has invested years of effort into ensuring that always remains the case. Does that our only recourse, as citizens, is via the courts? If so, is it impossible to effect actual systemic reform this way?

Oct 25, 2017
Fucking police make me sick to my stomach.
How is this an appropriate response? Fuck them all.
I hope the powers switch one day and these fucking bastards live in fear for the rest of their lives.
Fuck the police.

DrBo42

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
D8uWHzqW4AE9LUD.jpg
The police response to the scene (specifically the amount, and how many guns are drawn on a single person complying with empty hands) is absurd but it's true they don't know someone is actually unarmed until searched. The added comment is real shitty considering the subject matter and how many people die in this same circumstance.

Broken Hope

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
American Gun culture to blame as usual, if it wasn't possible for just about everyone to be carrying a gun, then you wouldn't have such extreme responses, I'm not saying any of this is right, but this doesn't happen in other countries, the vast majority of the police here in the UK aren't even allowed to carry guns.

Studge

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad she kept telling him to ignore the cops when they asked him to move towards their voice and happy to see him stay put. That was the murder trap right there and luckily he avoided it.

Oct 27, 2017
Is that a serious tweet referencing the female officer with the gun or a joke tweet about the woman holding a camera. Regardless, it's a horrible look for that department.
It's in reference to the shotgun-looking weapon that officer is carrying. That's the issue with less than lethal devices - cops tend to use them in place of deescalation.

D8uWHzqW4AE9LUD.jpg
Fr7_NlLa_400x400.jpg

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
They should change the country name to United States of White Supremacy. If you aren't white in that fucking shithole, you are a criminal.

Deleted member 14459

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
fuck these pigs - the passive aggressive protocol of their Twitter manager matches the 'professionalism' of their officers...

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
probably don't even need the height & age.

That's 100% true.

Soffe said the officer was part of a group chasing suspects after authorities received reports of a shooting and were told the suspects were black, Hispanic or Polynesian, he said.

"If it's true that the justification to point a gun at this child is because they were told the suspects might be black, Hispanic or Polynesian, are they saying this officer was entitled to stop and point his gun at every male fitting that description?" said Karra Porter, an attorney working with the family.

The kid was 10 years old and just playing on the front lawn. Matches a "description" for these shit for brain cops is essentially the mentioned skin colour.

The Adder

Oct 25, 2017
American Gun culture to blame as usual, if it wasn't possible for just about everyone to be carrying a gun, then you wouldn't have such extreme responses, I'm not saying any of this is right, but this doesn't happen in other countries, the vast majority of the police here in the UK aren't even allowed to carry guns.
Always impressive the lengths folks go to blame anything but racism.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
The police response to the scene (specifically the amount, and how many guns are drawn on a single person complying with empty hands) is absurd but it's true they don't know someone is actually unarmed until searched. The added comment is real shitty considering the subject matter and how many people die in this same circumstance.

With the logic of "we can naturally assume that any citizen is armed to the teeth" cops can cite fear for their lives as reason to gun down jaywalkers and public urinators.

Snowy

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Even if dude did what the police are saying (and no, I don't trust them), on what planet does an army of cops need to be called in for a minor altercation? Fucking racist bastards, they hear "black male suspect" and their inner sadist turns on.

Honestly, every police department needs to be broken up and rebuilt from scratch, with EXTREME civilian oversight and BINDING disciplinary measures that do not rely on gameable internal investigations or gormless, cop-acquitting, lumpenmenschen juries.