• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ShineALight

Oct 27, 2017
This is great news, I've just started getting into Civ VI on Switch and have been hoping for some updates on this.

Sleve McDichael

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Does the game run well on Switch?
I was a huge fan of Civ 3 and I got 6 on PC for free when I bought my rx 480 a few years ago but I never really played it tbh. I'd rather play it on Switch.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder how much the DLC will cost...

OP
OP
Dekuman

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Does the game run well on Switch?
I was a huge fan of Civ 3 and I got 6 on PC for free when I bought my rx 480 a few years ago but I never really played it tbh. I'd rather play it on Switch.
Yes it runs fine
I have over 40 hours In it. Maybe 1 crash?

I always play on the largest map.size too

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Is this game as good as Civ 4 and Civ 5 ??
Arguably. The game has become super good with expansions and updates, and Firaxis has been integrating some good Steam Workshop concepts and content into the game proper, too. But it still has some aggravating bugs, balance foibles, and odd design choices that aren't always super obvious but which can still rear their ugly heads in ways that make it hard for me to consider Civ VI the best of the bunch. That shit is steadily being ironed out but yeah.

Better than Civ 4 Complete? I'd say so.
Better than Civ 5 Complete? IMO, not without mods, so, not on Switch.

It's still very much Civ, though, so it's still more than worth playing.
I had given up hope after such a long silence. This is great news!
As had I. I wonder how many people were waiting on this confirmation to buy the game on Switch. I know I was.

Expacs on the horizon + PC <-> Switch save transfer = this is actually looking like a version of the game I want to own now

ZangBa

Oct 25, 2017
10/10 game for long 9 hour flights. I'm going to wait for these expansions before I get addicted to this game again.

hussien-11

Oct 27, 2017
Jordan
As the iterations go on its getting harder and harder for me to forgive the abysmal AI. High difficulty shouldn't mean letting the AI cheat.
Better than Civ 4 Complete? I'd say so.
Better than Civ 5 Complete? IMO, not without mods, so, not on Switch.

It's still very much Civ, though, so it's still more than worth playing.

Thanks, so Civ is still good after all those years. it always was one of my favorite strategy games.

Nah, it's the worst of the "modern" Civ games.
That said, it's still very good.

I remember a lot of people criticizing the game here.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
10/10 game for long 9 hour flights. I'm going to wait for these expansions before I get addicted to this game again.
Great to hear! I specifically bought the game for multiple transatlantic flights I have later this year.

OP
OP
Dekuman

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Some people really couldn't get over 1 unit per tile change carried over from Civ5 and the pro Climate change slant of Gathering Storm. It also briefly was the target of brigading downvotes since the game does send analytics back to 2K servers on how people play and people got worked up over it about privacy (I assume they don't want the devs to see them save scumming?). So the various user review aggregates are not reliable.

OP
OP
Dekuman

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder of theyll do a physical release with both expansions and the base game

The box art is excellent and Id love to own the Switch version physically

Tu101uk

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
Long-time Civ player here (since 2... on the PSX... don't judge me) but for me personally 6 is the one I've spent the least time on. I thought adding the districts and a bit more micromanagement would actually be an improvement but for me it just ended up bogging down the early and mid game for me. Then again the very speedy Civ4 is my favourite version so it was always going to be difficult for me to come around (I eventually did for Civ5 and that was after all expansions dropped).

I haven't touched it since the first expansion (still need to buy the second one on Steam) but the portability of this is tempting. If they release a Complete edition I might bite...

ninjabreadman

Banned
Dec 17, 2017
They better patch the base game, I hear this thing crashes quite frequently which is a massive show-stopper for a game you can pour so many hours into.

Remember the Civ 5 bug where Gandhi has a negative aggression modifier, but they set his base aggression so low that the modifier took it out of bounds and ended up making him ultra aggressive nuke maniac, those sort of bugs I'm okay with.

Thatguy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Seattle WA
Is this game as good as Civ 4 and Civ 5 ??
Civ 6 is basically a 'District' expansion to civ 5 plus a different set of rulers and a revamped civic/tech tree. Then the last 2 civ6 expansions add even more to diplomacy, spies, and late game techs and natural disasters. All versions of civ are fun civ building games, but the AI is always poor. They increase difficulty by giving the computer unfair buffs. Most long term fand would gladly pay $30 for an expansion that just added smart AI.

PS...don't play this on Switch. Surface is the best way to play this on a portable.

woopWOOP

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
YES

I lost hope when there was no news around E3. I wanna play those expansions so bad, but my PC too old to handle any of it.
I hope they manage to make the whole thing run better, but even in the slow boot - crash frequent state of the current version I had a lot of fun with it so I would probably buy it anyway, lol

Kaitos

Tens across the board!
Oct 25, 2017
This is a GREAT game for flights, but I wish it had online multiplayer.

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Woo! I'd been considering buying this for a while, but the lack of word on the expansions made me hesitate. Knowing that the Switch version is getting support, I'm totally buying.