• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Zevenberge

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome :)

A friend let me start a game last weekend and we got through the beginning in co-op. Currently close to a domination victory, even though we intended a science victory. In the early game, I hi-jacked a few settlers from Poland and rescued a city state from Germany. I currently own like 40% of the map, the only other living civ owns like 10% and like 20% is barbarians (they are everywhere this time).

Deleted member 12933

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was the same. Despite some finding glitches I found the tutorial helpful, then o did a full game on easy difficulty

Finally completed the tutorial. There were a couple of times I couldn't complete a step and had to start over. I think the first one was selecting the tile for the science district. Oh well, on to the full on game.

gillty

Oct 27, 2017
Vancouver - Kansai
Good news, Aspyr is working on both Rise and Fall and Gathering Storm for iOS and Switch; no dates yet

From reddit

iPad, and iPhone, and Switch :)

We are launching...

https://www.reddit.com/r/civ/commen...ers_for_two/ege9hc1?utm_source=reddit-android
Ports of the xpacs to Switch seems to be more of a inference, rather than a confirmation, based on Aspyr_Blair's comments.

I would say that it seems likely that it will happen based on the ports being iOS based and Take2's recent comments on the financial success of CivIV on Switch, but I don't see any confirmation yet. 🙂

f6cbda9d-2996-4b80-99ejnl.jpeg

cosmickosm

Oct 26, 2017
Bought it, played it, got addicted and confused. It's my first Civ game and I tried the tutorial but it felt long winded and I just didn't have the patience. So I jumped into a custom game using Teddy Roosevelt. I have no idea what I'm doing or what anything means lol. It's a slow day at work so I'm hoping to look up some guides that explains what the icons mean and do. And I'll likely restart and use the Reddit guide from the OP.

OP
OP
Dekuman

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Ports of the xpacs to Switch seems to be more of a inference, rather than a confirmation, based on Aspyr_Blair's comments.

I would say that it seems likely that it will happen based on the ports being iOS based and Take2's recent comments on the financial success of CivIV on Switch, but I don't see any confirmation yet. 🙂

f6cbda9d-2996-4b80-99ejnl.jpeg
Original reply says iOS and Switch.
switch mention was edited after it got picked up on the r/NintendoSwitch subreddit and the.comment linked here and on reddit.

The reason was Aspyr only publishes the iOS version. Switch is published by 2K

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Bought it, played it, got addicted and confused. It's my first Civ game and I tried the tutorial but it felt long winded and I just didn't have the patience. So I jumped into a custom game using Teddy Roosevelt. I have no idea what I'm doing or what anything means lol. It's a slow day at work so I'm hoping to look up some guides that explains what the icons mean and do. And I'll likely restart and use the Reddit guide from the OP.
Haha do the tutorial!

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Got my first win on Prince difficulty with Egypt. Culture victory, I was being closely followed by Tomyris or whatever her name is who got the first science milestone.
Having a tiny map and only 3 other civs certainly reduces the difficulty as there's less distractions to deal with.
Not sure if I'm ready to step up to the next difficulty level though, perhaps just a bigger map

Caz

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
*If the original save file isn't for a modded game.

Still, nice feature to have, can't wait to see if Rise & Fall/Gathering Storms make their way onto the Switch and provide the definitive portable Civ experience.

TanookiTom

Oct 29, 2017
Berlin
Ugh I am still waiting for any news on the DLC. At this point since they already said the Switch version beat their sales expectations I guess it mostly comes down to technical issues keeping them from releasing it?
I could imagine that it might increase loading times even further/too much on the Switch?
I put in over 100 hours in this game but the base game does start to get a bit boring with very limited scenarios available etc.

OP
OP
Dekuman

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
I'm still surprised it's taking them so long. But short of it is earlier this year, Aspyr rep on reddit mentioned Switch as one of the SKUs for Civ 6 Rise and Fall (XP 1) while answering an iOS user, but edited it when it gained attention.

The reason given was Aspyr was publishing the iOS version while 2K handles Switch, and they couldn't speak for 2K. But of course they would know since Aspyr works on both versions.

Deleted member 290

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Yessssssss, although I fear for the game's performance when both expansions are added. Bringing up the construction menu in late-game on anything bigger than a small map often leads to some severe lag, I find.

OP
OP
Dekuman

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
The Civ Twitter account copy pasta the same response at least three more times responding to various posts . It does feel they are fairly committed to this happening and it wasn't a mistake (I'm case some people thought it was)

Including this tweet from the Rise and Fall announcement for iOS

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
I just got this & I knew it would happen but I spent 6 hours just playing lol still a lot I'm not good at. Great game.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
I fudged up, I just played a 330 turn 8 hour game where I lost on points & nothing really happened 😂 I played on the real world map as America and I made a pretty good navy but built it all on the east coast so I couldn't even go to war with China it a timely fashion, 330 turns was not enough :P

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Ok with the amazon/Best Buy putting this on sale at $20 I decided to finally bite. Nice to see the Great Wall isn't limited to your town anymore. If that didn't give me away this will: any tips for someone who hasnt played in a good while and my last Civ game was II

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
Also got it because of the Best Buy deal. Already played a good 6 or so hours today. I knew this would happen, this was maybe not the best idea for my productivity.

OP
OP
Dekuman

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Looks like Hotseat is live on Switch
Version 1.2.1 patch just got pushed out, just updated on my Switch.

Downloadable content screen also has the link to the expansion pass ; but eshop not yet updated for a purchase.

Deleted member 290

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Expansions are up, playing my first game as the Maori.

The UI's definitely improved, more in line with the PC version - loading seems to take a little longer though, I wonder if late game performance has improved at all...

OP
OP
Dekuman

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
There is a victory condition bug that prevents you winning on the winning turn (the game will crash)

I submitted a ticket to 2K

OP
OP
Dekuman

Dekuman

Oct 27, 2017
Is full of visual glitches, at least here
Haven't noticed anything (playing the expansions)

I actually noticed they changed the shaders and the game with expansions look a bit nicer with a richer color gradient. The natural disasters and valconanos look pretty good too.

Lakes are now placid and look distinctly different from seas which have waves

The gleaming sun effect also looks much brighter and better rather than the diffused look. Playing on standard rules do revert the graphics back to the original release

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Sorry for the bump!

I have just seen the game on sale in the eShop with 50% off, I have played the Civ games over the years, I see this seems to have high review scores, is it worth getting, tempted to take a punt at £22.50, I was thinking of the expansion bundle "Rise and Fall" + "Gathering Storm" but I then saw there is a Expansion Pass (Frontier Pass) as well, which of these is the best value, I prefer the sound of "Rise and Fall" + "Gathering Storm" from the description.

Rei no Otaku

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cranston RI
Rise and fall + Gathering Storm is a must. The Frontier Pass is still being released. I'd say wait to see if you want more before getting that one.

A1an

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Rise and fall + Gathering Storm is a must. The Frontier Pass is still being released. I'd say wait to see if you want more before getting that one.

Thank you, how is the performance though, I have been trying to find out but have only really found this,

www.youtube.com

Civilization VI Switch Gameplay - Complete Performance Analysis

#Civ6 #Switch #Gameplay Let's play Civilization VI on the Nintendo Switch. I'm checking loading times (new game and loading a game) plus late game performanc...

I have a new version of the Switch, and will be using the digital version stored on SD card.

Rei no Otaku

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cranston RI
Performance is ok. If you're coming off PC or even the Xbox or PS4 versions you will notice some slowdown and long load times. Basically it depends on if you care about that more than portability. Being able to play Civ in bed while relaxing is a pretty big feature though.