• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I wonder who is making it now VV are Blizzard.

It's so messed up we don't have a remake of 3+4 :(

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Not surprised at all, they were obviously going to capitalize on their recent success.
Either the next remakes with an updated soundtrack or THPS 6 done in a similar light to the classic games, either or would be great.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Looking forward to hearing them on Tony Hawk Run, next year on ios and android.

Adulfzen

Oct 29, 2017
It seems very likely it's gonna be a mobile game considering VV is currently busy with Diablo 2 and Toys For Bob is officially on Call of Duty
Do we know what Beenox has been up to ? It's not impossible for them to work on Tony Hawk using VicariousVision engine and assets the same way they did Crash Team Racing.

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It seems very likely it's gonna be a mobile game considering VV is currently busy with Diablo 2 and Toys For Bob is officially on Call of Duty
Do we know what Beenox has been up to ? It's not impossible for them to work on Tony Hawk using VicariousVision engine and assets the same way they did Crash Team Racing.
I wouldn't be surprised if it's Beenox and I would be fine with that.

louie

Oct 29, 2017
96 Bitter Beings was in THPS3.

Perhaps that's what he means by being in the next one. It would make sense they're in the next one if it's a remake .

Oct 27, 2017
Ooh, really hope it's a THPS3 (and 4) pack.

Huge (old) CKY fan and prefer Deron Miller's stuff to new CKY. Hope it isn't a new song for the next game... but cool confirmation regardless.

Lapsed CKY fans should definitely check out 96 Bitter Beings.

Oct 28, 2017
R50228ee353e025e50a9c831aae430896

Aztorian

Jan 3, 2018
I wonder if Activision can find it in their heart to take some devs off the pianoskins for CoD weapons to develop some new cool games.

9-Volt

Oct 27, 2017
Forget 3+4, I need Underground 1+2. There were too much content in Underground games compared to the classic games.

Wrestleman

Oct 25, 2017
Virginia
I wouldn't be surprised if it's Beenox and I would be fine with that.

If this is happening, they're my pick, unless VV was knee deep in it before the Blizzard news and got to wrap it up. Beenox has been massively expanding since CTR support ended, I think I read they're adding something like "100 roles" over a set period. They already were capable of doing CTR and MW2R alongside each other while also supporting other COD stuff, and they also had a big part in Crash 4, so if they're expanding I imagine they can put even more on their plate safely now.

J-Soul

Nov 11, 2020
Following the trajectory of most Activision games and their public statements, I imagine its a mobile game.

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
So, it doesn't look like CKY was on either Tony Hawk 3 or 4 does it? I was hoping to find something, but I didn't.

I suppose it could be a brand new game in the old-school style.

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if Activision can find it in their heart to take some devs off the pianoskins for CoD weapons to develop some new cool games.
I mean, Beenox was on CoD support for the majority of the mid-2010s after previously developing Spider-Man games n' whatnot but then suddenly they were the lead dev on Crash Team Racing: Nitro Fueled in 2019.
I get putting our guards up when it comes to Activision, because Activision is garbage, but it's more than possible for their devs to support the CoD cash cow while also leading their own games away from the public eye. I mean, Activision was bragging about Tony Hawk hitting a million in a month last year, I'm sure they'll want to capitalize on that success at some point.

Last edited:

Remark

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly can see them doing what they did with Crash and make a THPS6.

Question on everyone's mind is: who is gonna develop it?

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
surprised CKY is still a thing
i always only knew them as "that band bam margera liked a lot"

Oct 27, 2017
surprised CKY is still a thing
i always only knew them as "that band bam margera liked a lot"
To many, cky is just the "Bernadette Nere" band because of Jackass/Bam/THPS3 lol. Hell that's how I got into them but I kept with them and consider them in my top 3 fab bands of all time. But that's because of Deron Miller, the singer/guitarist/song writer of the first 4 cky studio albums and unreleased stuff. The drummer is actually Bam's brother and Bam also made skate/skit vids before Jackass titled CKY so it was a shared name/soundtrack type thing.

Anyway, here's a more current example of the (cky but not) CKY sound (aka Deron Miller). Listen loud with good speakers/headphones to feel it!