• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

dingobingo

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Haven't found a career ERA forum, Looking for advice.

Feedback would be great!

Long story short. I work as an ERP business analyst (accounting systems) for a local company in Ohio (before that I worked for an ERP consulting company, not in the USA, that does HR - accounting systems). I graduated with a business management degree, and I'm currently in class getting my MBA. I personally believe the next step for me is to get a CPA. When I complete my MBA, I plan to get my master's in Accounting and do the CPA exam. When reading the Ohio requirements I should have everything I need to sit the exam, but I came across a requirement that says I need to have one year of public accounting (defined as, in a company or gov entity that consults in accounting services). I'm confused because I have no desire to join a big 4, I'm in tech, but I want to build my credentials and be able to speak with authority. Is there any point in passing the CPA and not getting licensed? or do you need to get licensed for it to count?

Thanks!

Fuhgeddit

#TeamThierry
Oct 27, 2017
I know this is really late dingobingo but you need to be supervised by another CPA to receive his sign off. I am not entirely sure if Ohio requirements are different but I know there needs to be a CPA that is willing to sign off on your hours worked.