• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lava Hound in Women of Royale quest is honestly kind of upsetting. "She" gives birth to the pups every time you kill "her"?

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Took a while collecting all the ladder rewards, but I'm not complaining.

As a person who mostly plays ladder, this is a great update for me. I was just starting to feel the game was getting stale.

OP
OP
SUBZERO-08

SUBZERO-08

Oct 25, 2017
Haha, I spent like 10 minutes collecting all of the rewards.

I'm actually glad they changed 2v2 to have the 3 minute overtime. It's pretty frustrating getting a draw when you were super close to winning.

On another note, does anyone here play Classic Challenges?

Deleted member 12933

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Haha, I spent like 10 minutes collecting all of the rewards.

I'm actually glad they changed 2v2 to have the 3 minute overtime. It's pretty frustrating getting a draw when you were super close to winning.

On another note, does anyone here play Classic Challenges?

Only when I'm trying out a deck and I don't have the levels for ladder.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
I don't get the gates thing at all. I got a new trophy high, then dropped 400+ trophies (and a ranking) over the next couple of days. I didn't think that was supposed to be possible anymore.

OP
OP
SUBZERO-08

SUBZERO-08

Oct 25, 2017
Only when I'm trying out a deck and I don't have the levels for ladder.
A week ago I went on a Classic Challenge kick, but I noticed something a bit odd. A year back I would play one Classic Challenge every day (before war became a thing) and would regularly get 12 wins using any random meta deck. However, now it's quite difficult to even get 8. It seems like the difficulty has went up significantly. I wonder why that is.

I don't get the gates thing at all. I got a new trophy high, then dropped 400+ trophies (and a ranking) over the next couple of days. I didn't think that was supposed to be possible anymore.
Gates only apply to the arenas. So if you made it to Arena 10, you would no longer be able to drop down to Arena 9. However, Leagues do not have this same safety net. You are free to drop all the way down to 4000 trophies. I was hoping it would apply to Leagues as well, would have let me try out some different decks without worrying too much.

Deleted member 12933

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A week ago I went on a Classic Challenge kick, but I noticed something a bit odd. A year back I would play one Classic Challenge every day (before war became a thing) and would regularly get 12 wins using any random meta deck. However, now it's quite difficult to even get 8. It seems like the difficulty has went up significantly. I wonder why that is.

Yeah it feels like once I hit a certain point in the challenge (7/8 wins) I only face off against the "hot deck of the week" and get my 3 loses pretty quickly.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
Just as my interest in this game was flagging, the new changes came along and revitalized it for me. That lasted all of a week, once I realized that the gates didn't apply to leagues. I'm seeing the exact same decks over and over again at this point. I had hoped gates would allow me (and others) to mix it up more.

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
Just as my interest in this game was flagging, the new changes came along and revitalized it for me. That lasted all of a week, once I realized that the gates didn't apply to leagues. I'm seeing the exact same decks over and over again at this point. I had hoped gates would allow me (and others) to mix it up more

I've hit a new trophy high having just passed 5200 last night, though not sure why as I'm using my same old deck and seeing the same old decks in opposition.

I think I'm sticking with the game out of habit more than anything. I still find matches exciting moment to moment, but things haven't felt fresh in a while. Things like the Dragon Egg challenge are nice distractions I guess, but don't really feed anything back into the main game.

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've hit a new trophy high having just passed 5200 last night, though not sure why as I'm using my same old deck and seeing the same old decks in opposition.

I think I'm sticking with the game out of habit more than anything. I still find matches exciting moment to moment, but things haven't felt fresh in a while. Things like the Dragon Egg challenge are nice distractions I guess, but don't really feed anything back into the main game.

They changed ladder trophy gains. I usually gain 30 on wins and lose ~18 on loss. Upshot is that everyone tends to move up.

I've been seeing a lot of low-level opponents lately (like level 11 towers at 4900 trophies) who are way above their previous trophy high.

I think the compensation is that everyone comes crashing down on season reset (I'm currently set to go from 4910 to 4228). So each season you'll tend to have big trophy gains, which gives you a chance to walk back through the 4000+ Trophy Road rewards.

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
They changed ladder trophy gains. I usually gain 30 on wins and lose ~18 on loss. Upshot is that everyone tends to move up.

I've been seeing a lot of low-level opponents lately (like level 11 towers at 4900 trophies) who are way above their previous trophy high.

Ah, that would explain it. And the more numerous level 11 players I've seen at 4800+.

OP
OP
SUBZERO-08

SUBZERO-08

Oct 25, 2017
I am curious about how one aspect of the season reset will work. So with the last update they added a 24-hour boost every time you enter a new league, but after the reset what will happen if you drop to a number of trophies that's higher than a certain league? Say I drop to Challenger II, will I miss out on the Challenger I boost? Do I need to drop down on the last day of the season to get the extra 24-hour boost?

LunaticPuma

Oct 27, 2017
I am curious about how one aspect of the season reset will work. So with the last update they added a 24-hour boost every time you enter a new league, but after the reset what will happen if you drop to a number of trophies that's higher than a certain league? Say I drop to Challenger II, will I miss out on the Challenger I boost? Do I need to drop down on the last day of the season to get the extra 24-hour boost?

Supercell stated that league chest boosts would be given if your reset is beyond Challenger I. You don't need to drop trophies to get the bonus.

OP
OP
SUBZERO-08

SUBZERO-08

Oct 25, 2017
They posted some information on Reddit regarding how the May balance changes turned out so far that I thought was interesting:

Dark Prince

Dark Prince is hands down the all-star of this month. The buff to his Attack Range and Area Damage Radius made him less susceptible to troop attacks, and this is reflected in the stats.

Dark Prince has received a huge boost in usage throughout all the game modes, climbing from 4% to 12% usage in Classic Challenges and up to 16% in Grand Challenges.

Although the card's win rate is around 49-50% in Ladder, it's a bit on the strong side in Challenges, reaching a 55-57% win rate. So we'll be keeping an eye on the Dark Prince to make sure he doesn't become a problem!

Three Musketeers

As we had hoped, this iconic trio has indeed made a comeback - this card is now used 3x as often in Classic Challenges and nearly 5x as often in Grand Challenges!

But it is still a niche, Elixir-heavy card, used in 2-3% of the games. Provided that its win rate has also improved significantly, now hovering around 50-52%, we believe that Three Musketeers has found its place in meta.

It has become a more viable card than before without 'breaking' the Ladder, so we're happy with its current state.

Princess & Goblin Barrel

These two cards faced pretty much the same result: they were good before and still are. The recent changes haven't shaken things up for them but rather reinforced them in the roles they have been already fulfilling. Both cards are now picked more often in all modes, seeing a usage increase from 13% to 15%.

Their win rate has also improved: from 42% to 48% for Princess and from 40% to 44% for Goblin Barrel. We consider these numbers to be within the acceptable range as they make the Log Bait a viable deck but not too powerful.

Bomber

The Hitpoints buff made Bomber bite a bit harder, and the card is played in 4-5% of decks up to 6000 trophies with a solid 49% win rate. Although it is still on a weaker side in Challenges, the card win rate has improved (41% and 34% in Classic and Grand Challenges respectively) and made it a bit more popular than before.

We have no plans to rebalance this card further as it is already a great counter to ground troops and can be dangerous enough with the support of an ait troop counter.

Wall Breakers

The Damage buff has helped these little guys (their win rate has improved across all game modes, reaching 36-37%) but it is still among the least used cards in the game. Interestingly enough, Wall Breakers shows a solid 45% win rate in the 6000+ trophy range. The card indicates further potential, but nevertheless, we'll give it some more time.

Log Bait win-rate is lower than I expected given how much I see it on ladder.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
I would think that nothing should have much over a 50% win rate, ideally.

Surprisingly, I am seeing a little less bait than I did when the buff was announced. I was hella pissed at that.

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've seen a lot more GB but not in traditional bait-focused decks. Like sometimes I'll have a Hog charging at me and then a GB gets launched to reinforce it. I never used to see that.

OP
OP
SUBZERO-08

SUBZERO-08

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen a lot more GB but not in traditional bait-focused decks. Like sometimes I'll have a Hog charging at me and then a GB gets launched to reinforce it. I never used to see that.
Yeah, I've seen a huge increase in decks that don't make sense in the past few months. I've seen combinations like Hog + Goblin Barrel, Royal Giant + Hog, Royal Giant + Giant Skeleton. Not sure why.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
Hog plus goblin barrel used to be pretty common together. Maybe it's making a comeback with the buff. I used to play a hog, gb, bait deck about a year or so ago. Clan mate has been playing same deck for awhile now and is one of our highest ranked players.

Hog, GB, skelly army, gob gang, zap, log, inferno tower, and princess. The clan mate recently changed log to barb barrel. But it is a good deck.

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got KiDdYoNe in by sharing a join link. In game, tap your clan, then "Invite to Clan" then "Copy." It'll put a link on your clipboard that you can share.

Brakke

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pretty big update coming in July.

Dunno if I'll pay for the pass, but there's some nice QOL for everyone. I'm glad they're taking away mode restrictions on quests.

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
Pretty big update coming in July.

Dunno if I'll pay for the pass, but there's some nice QOL for everyone. I'm glad they're taking away mode restrictions on quests.

Happy about the quest change.

Addition of a season pass was inevitable in my view. Nothing there that interests me in getting it. I haven't even done any of the cosmetic upgrades to any of my troops despite having the points to do so.

In other "news", I made it to 6000 trophies yesterday. Not sure what arbitrary goal to set for myself next.

Deleted member 12933

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Happy about the quest change.

Addition of a season pass was inevitable in my view. Nothing there that interests me in getting it. I haven't even done any of the cosmetic upgrades to any of my troops despite having the points to do so.

In other "news", I made it to 6000 trophies yesterday. Not sure what arbitrary goal to set for myself next.

I just simply set a goal of finishing higher then I did the last month. Not much else to go for these days.

Matush

Oct 25, 2017
Slovakia
So if anyone is wondering if Pass is worth it, here is good rundown on Reddit:

With Pass Royale:
  • 76,600 Minimum Gold
  • 3,383 Total Cards
  • 526 Guaranteed Rares
  • 68 Guaranteed Epics
  • 2 Guaranteed Legendaries
  • 68 Guaranteed Gems
  • Limited Emote and Tower Skin
  • 1 of each Token
  • 222 Total Strikes
  • Ability to Queue Up Cycle Chests
  • Unlimited Continues & Re-Entries into Special Challenges for FREE
  • Golden Nametag
  • And Much More!
Without Pass Royale
  • 36,700 Minimum Gold
  • 2,550 Total Cards
  • 408 Guaranteed Rares
  • No Guaranteed Epics (Crown Chests have a 65% of getting an Epic)
  • 1 Guaranteed Legendary
  • 68 Guaranteed Gems

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
Man, Pass Royale upsells (and reminders) are everywhere in the interface! They must be raking in the cash, as anecdotally 90% of the people I am facing have the "gold plate" name tags.

Still not motivated at all to get it myself, though I can see the "oh it's only $X and I would get all this stuff" feeling growing as designed over the month.

JDdelphin

Oct 25, 2017
I was a member of GAF Royale before I needed a hiatus. With all the new stuff I'm kinda back into the game and was wondering if there were any spots available in GAF Royale again?

I'm team pie.

b33r

Oct 25, 2017
I looked and they have a spot open, so you should be good. If not we just cleared out a couple spots if need be.

xMaxie77

Jun 12, 2018
Man, Pass Royale upsells (and reminders) are everywhere in the interface! They must be raking in the cash, as anecdotally 90% of the people I am facing have the "gold plate" name tags.

Still not motivated at all to get it myself, though I can see the "oh it's only $X and I would get all this stuff" feeling growing as designed over the month.

Oh the reminders are everywhere haha but it's not a terrible deal for all of the gold/cards you're getting. I play a few times a day already, this is just giving me some bonus stuff for doing that. The way I see it, it's the money I probably would've spent on coffee and a breakfast sandwich anyway.

MarioW

PikPok
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
New Zealand
Oh the reminders are everywhere haha but it's not a terrible deal for all of the gold/cards you're getting. I play a few times a day already, this is just giving me some bonus stuff for doing that. The way I see it, it's the money I probably would've spent on coffee and a breakfast sandwich anyway.

It's not much, and I'm tempted given the low price. But I just don't need any extra stuff. I'm not trying to level any particular cards, and I have a ton of gold and gems already because of it. I switched off emotes the second I had the option and never turned it back on. And the skins aren't compelling when everybody gets the same ones.

This is the only F2P game I ever spent money in, so it isn't without precedent. I just am not compelled by any of it.

Ignatz Mouse

Oct 27, 2017
I got a ton of stuff fast (all 35 tiers in a few days) and now I think I probably won't bother next month. Leveled a lot of cards I wanted to, but now I'm pretty much where I want to be with everything.

Saucycarpdog

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like a new Supercell game is soft launching tomorrow? Rumors say it will be a combination of Clash Royale and Brawl Stars:

LanceX2

Oct 25, 2017
hey all. I started a clan with a nice chunk of. our previous clan because we wanted only the actice warring ones.
If you need a clan plz join
Omega Squad Icon is blue hammer
leader LanceX2
clan tag #PGQ9Y08J

OP
OP
SUBZERO-08

SUBZERO-08

Oct 25, 2017
The game won't even log in on Android. Keeps saying wait a while. I connected my Supercell ID to a work iPhone just to get in. Hopefully it'll be back up soon.