• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
They all have a bright future of throwing out my kids' job applications when they graduate college

Oct 30, 2017
Living not so far away from baraboo, i am not surprised at this. Hell I remember in my high school not so far away, the hillbillies driving trucks in front of the school to intimidate one of two black students. This was back in 2000.

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
Response from Baraboo School District:

"The photo of students posted to #BarabooProud is not reflective of the educational values and beliefs of the School District of Baraboo. We are investigating and will pursue any and all available and appropriate actions, including legal, to address."

It's certainly reflective of their community at large. Sure teenage boys can be shithead edgelords at times but not this many and not in a public setting like this.

John Doe

Avenger
Jan 24, 2018
I will never understand American white boys pulling this Nazi shit when PawPaw was in the trenches whoopin Nazi ass back in 1943

Probably because as soon as dear old Paw Paw came back the first thing he did was put on his ghost costume to go to one of his little night club meetings, noose in hand and all

Joe2187

Oct 25, 2017
That one hispanic kid in the front is waving...

"Oh we're waving...okay Hi guys!....*looks back* ...Oooooooh nooooooooooo"

daboynem

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I will never understand American white boys pulling this Nazi shit when PawPaw was in the trenches whoopin Nazi ass back in 1943
Pawpaw lemme show you me and the boys' graduation photo! Haha isn't this hilarious!

Pawpaw:
giphy.gif

*Can also be used as the ghost of gpappy loolinl down on em

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
The latter is what I think, people still do that into their 40's lol

If it was the former he would probably throw his hand up and do that with the other hand.
He's surrounded by people doing a Nazi salute and he still gets the benefit of the doubt. It's ridiculous how resistant people are to noticing that yes, alt-right shits co-opted that symbol and do it all the time now.

Keyouta

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Younger American kids doing this while their grandparents and great grandparents fought in WWII against this, is pretty sad. Imagine what they would think if they saw this photo.

Oct 27, 2017
Y'know mini-McLovin in the center with his stupid lilac bow tie would have to join an Ayran gang in prison. Dude is too fuckin precious

Screenshot-20181112-091737.jpg

Look at the doofus up front in the teal vest. He knows shit is about to go down, he already sweat through his suit jacket. Straight trash

DigitalOp

Nov 16, 2017
Probably because PawPaw isn't around to kick their asses.
Probably because as soon as dear old Paw Paw came back the first thing he did was put on his ghost costume to go to one of his little night club meetings, noose in hand and all

Man, Id much rather America drop the WW2 moral propaganda shit if we bout to resurrect the Nazis. Even the OG Nazis would be disappointed that the new generation is too bitch to commit to the Final Solution.

Pawpaw lemme show you me and the boys' graduation photo! Haha isn't this hilarious!

Pawpaw:
giphy.gif

Dumb funny!

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Even the edgiest shit my friends and I did we'd never do in public and post it on the internet. This shit is fucking incredibly dumb on their part, I hope they face consequences and learn it's not all jokes and laughs.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Hmm...I expect we'll be seeing retractions of scholarships and rejection letters from prospective college applications.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Man I just watched Black klansman for the first time and my tolerance for this shit is lower than it already was.

Garbage ass kids.

ahoyhoy

Oct 25, 2017

See the other thread about the memory of war softening as time goes on.

These kids probably never knew their relatives who fought in WWII (great grandparents) and don't know what nationalism can do to a country and the horrors associated with and sacrifices needed to contain fascism.

darkwing

Oct 25, 2017
I think it reflects the state of the school, it shows how just comfortable the students were in showing off the salute

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
I'm less shocked at the lack of humanity it'd take to do this stupid pose than I am at how stupid they are to do it at all. But then, the most they'll experience is some minor discomfort. One scholarship pulled (if that) only to get another six months later once the "heat" dies down.

Zippedpinhead

Oct 25, 2017
can someone explain the "OK" symbol and why this has been coopted? Maybe I am out of the loop, but I really don't know what happened.

These men are ridiculous and I hope that they have to suffer some consequences. Actions have consequences even if they thought it was funny.

DoubleTake

Oct 25, 2017
I guarantee you some of those kids have parents who would never be caught doing this, and yet here we are.

ItIsOkBro

Happy New Year!!
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
publish an article with all their names so it'll come up when employers google their name

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
Remember folks, according to some members of ERA, if you make too much noise and bring attention to this, it will only make them more popular. Apparently this is where the timeline for cause and effect ends.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
This is probably way wayyyyyy more common in rural white America than any of us would like to know. The difference between young Republicans and Hitler Youth boils down to semantics.

Bipartisanship is a fuck. We're dealing with horrible people here. American conservatives are far more of an existential threat than any group our government has fought against in our lifetime.