• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sub Level

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Beat Doom The Way Id Did

Pretty damn neat. I liked the more laid back difficulty too compared to how crazy wads usually are lol.

Sub Level

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
Doom 2 The Way Id Did was even better! Perfect level of difficulty, and better than the actual Doom 2.

I ain't doing Plutonia 2 tho. Normal Plutonia was enough....

LakeEarth

Oct 27, 2017
Ontario
Doom 1 and 2 on Ultra-Violence was my shit back in the day. I just got the new Doom, I realize it won't be exactly the same, but I'm excited anyways.

Sub Level

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I usually just save whenever I pick up a key or right before.

but I'm sorry I had to savescum for the last archvile fight in Arch-Violence. I couldn't do it.

OP
OP
Raptomex

Raptomex

Oct 25, 2017
In the process of finishing my thread, ill post it in hangouts. Do i need to ''claim'' them? I remember in the beginning you had to claim your OT before you made it but i cant find that darn thread anymore.

Also Raptomex your thread definitely needs a mention here: https://www.resetera.com/threads/community-ot-list.3560/
I think you may have to claim it. Not sure. I created this when the transition was still happening. I requested it in the OT List. SweetNicole hasn't updated it since Nov 4 so I'm guessing quite a few have not been added. I linked to your thread, along with providing credit to you and Pasokon Deacon in the OP.

Last edited:
I think you may have to claim it. Not sure. I created this when the transition was still happening. I requested it in the OT List. SweetNicole hasn't updated it since Nov 4 so I'm guessing quite a few have not been added. I linked to your thread, along with providing credit to you and Pasokon Deacon in the OP.
Problem is that i dont know where the claim thread is :/ Thank you for the credit mentions!

OP
OP
Raptomex

Raptomex

Oct 25, 2017
Raptomex can you give me a pointer where i can find that claim thread is?
I have the same problem. I have no idea where it went to. I tried checking the FAQ to see if it links to it which it doesn't, last time I checked. I found theOT threadfor EtcetEra. I think it's exclusive to that category but maybe I'm wrong.

EDIT: I think I found it. A search led me tothis thread.

EDIT 2: Looks like it was closed and merged with the OT I linked above.Source post.

I have the same problem. I have no idea where it went to. I tried checking the FAQ to see if it links to it which it doesn't, last time I checked. I found theOT threadfor EtcetEra. I think it's exclusive to that category but maybe I'm wrong.

EDIT: I think I found it. A search led me tothis thread.

EDIT 2: Looks like it was closed and merged with the OT I linked above.Source post.
I guess its not important anymore then :/ Thank you either way! :)

2Blackcats

Oct 26, 2017
How do you add threads to your watched list without posting?

Also, thanks for making this thread.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
You're telling me this thread existed and i wasn't aware of it? Well, here i am.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
double post i suppose!

I recently cleared DOOM the way ID Did, i kept pushing it back for something else but man it was worth it, i'll probably play through the lost episodes for this mapset, there's about 53 maps in it.

CoolestSpot

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One of my favorite games.

The modding community is crazy though. Easily 100s of hours added through the content they've brought to table

OP
OP
Raptomex

Raptomex

Oct 25, 2017
Not yet but it looks really damn fun in co-op.

So lately i've been going through an oldie, Community Chest 2. Not too bad~
I love the community chests. Haven't beaten one, though. I think one of them has a midi version of a Airbourne song or I'm thinking of another wad entirely.

Last edited:

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
I love the community chests. Haven't beaten one, though. I think one of them has a midi version of a Airbourne song or I'm thinking of another wad entirely.
The first CC wad is a bit annoying, there's a map later, i think its map 27 or 28 it has like over a thousand monsters but the progression in it is extremely cryptic and tedious, like you'd have to play it for yourself to understand what i mean, it's not a fun map. Of course, i won't speak ill of the map too much, it's mapper passed away years ago.

Deleted member 28523

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/Ports/m-o/mek-catk

Counterattack by Mechadon is fantastic. It's a 7 level Wad with huge interconnecting levels. Map 5 is a slaughter map (It's good though!) but the rest are pretty intricate and multi-faceted. It's really crazy just how much the level ends up looping back in on itself. I'd easily put this up there with Ancient Aliens, Scythe 2, or Alien Vendetta. It's real good. I wish it was a full 32 levels though!

OP
OP
Raptomex

Raptomex

Oct 25, 2017
The first CC wad is a bit annoying, there's a map later, i think its map 27 or 28 it has like over a thousand monsters but the progression in it is extremely cryptic and tedious, like you'd have to play it for yourself to understand what i mean, it's not a fun map. Of course, i won't speak ill of the map too much, it's mapper passed away years ago.
I don't think I played the first. I remember scrounging the internet to find some of them and never found the first. Is it in the wad database?

Shan

Oct 27, 2017

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
How would the community feel if id released their own source port for classic Doom with mod browsing a la DOOM 2016?
Personally, I think it could greatly increase accessibility of the modding community.

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
Very true. That also requires browsing the web and looking on forums to find - not something that everyone wants to do. Steam Workshop implementation could be a godsend.

Oct 25, 2017
Devil Halton's Trap
Finally got back into the groove after a summer full of dungeon-crawlers and Civilization. I'm gonna complete Jenesis and try out some big new releases. Maybe I'll get into mapping next year if Joy of Mapping has a summer session.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got back into the groove after a summer full of dungeon-crawlers and Civilization. I'm gonna complete Jenesis and try out some big new releases. Maybe I'll get into mapping next year if Joy of Mapping has a summer session.
I have so much to catch up on...and I'd love to try my hand at mapping once more.

Just gotta sit down and do it. ._.

OP
OP
Raptomex

Raptomex

Oct 25, 2017
Jenesis is one of the greatest megawads I have ever played. Easily one of my top 10 megawads.

MrCunningham

Banned
Nov 15, 2017
I thought this was worth posting here:

O5et5M2.jpg

Revenant Bus: A WAD for DOOM 2.

This MOD was inspired by Desert Bus, that was part of an unreleased Pen and Teller game for the Sega/ Mega CD. In this mod, you are the BusSlayer, and you have to drive a bus for 24 hours from the pits of hell to limbo. While driving, Revenants will teleport at the back of the bus every 7 seconds and you have to fight them with your bare fists while driving.

Deleted member 28523

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/103425-release-eviternity-rc1/

Finally finished up Eviternity and it's an absolute classic. It's easily skyrocketed as one of my favorite wads of all time. Maps 10, 11, 19, 24, and 32 were particular standouts for me. The new enemies in the Green Demon and Astral Cacodemon were really great. It spiced things up just enough where I would get caught off guard by a monster closet even if I knew one had to be coming up. Dragonfly did great work as well as all the other legendary contributers such as Skillsaw, Jimmy, Mechadon, and Afterglow. And a few I'm forgetting. Sorry!

I know this thread isn't particularly active and there's not much of a Doom community here but I highly, highly recommend it. I think my one complaint would be the levels might be a bit on the long side. Although I say that as 19 and 32 are huge maps that I thoroughly enjoy. Sometimes you just want something short and sweet though.

Anyone else play anything of note recently? I'm always looking for something I might have overlooked.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/103425-release-eviternity-rc1/

Finally finished up Eviternity and it's an absolute classic. It's easily skyrocketed as one of my favorite wads of all time. Maps 10, 11, 19, 24, and 32 were particular standouts for me. The new enemies in the Green Demon and Astral Cacodemon were really great. It spiced things up just enough where I would get caught off guard by a monster closet even if I knew one had to be coming up. Dragonfly did great work as well as all the other legendary contributers such as Skillsaw, Jimmy, Mechadon, and Afterglow. And a few I'm forgetting. Sorry!

I know this thread isn't particularly active and there's not much of a Doom community here but I highly, highly recommend it. I think my one complaint would be the levels might be a bit on the long side. Although I say that as 19 and 32 are huge maps that I thoroughly enjoy. Sometimes you just want something short and sweet though.

Anyone else play anything of note recently? I'm always looking for something I might have overlooked.
This looks phenomenal, I haven't DOOM'd in several months so I gotta catch up.

Zool

Oct 28, 2017
After loving DooM for the Atari Jaguar I finally received DooM II for the Atari Jaguar. DooM II for the Jaguar is based on the DooM I engine but has DooM II levels. It's quite unique.

Ps: DooM for the Jaguar is the base engine for most modern consoleports. It's made by Id.

Deleted member 28523

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
This looks phenomenal, I haven't DOOM'd in several months so I gotta catch up.

Yeah my Doom interests comes and goes. I usually play in December and January since the Cacowards are a great time to catch up but in Feb and March I haven't played as much. April's got John Romero's SIGIL so I'll probably play that and a few other things.

Eviternity is great though. I played release candidate 1 and now it's in the final release so it should even better.

After loving DooM for the Atari Jaguar I finally received DooM II for the Atari Jaguar. DooM II for the Jaguar is based on the DooM I engine but has DooM II levels. It's quite unique.

Ps: DooM for the Jaguar is the base engine for most modern consoleports. It's made by Id.

Doesn't that also have Doom 2 only monsters in Doom 1 levels? Or am I mistaken?