• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
DISCLAIMER:
This is a complementum to the excellent Classic Doom Community Thread. In here we list the most significant wads, mods, and describe the Cacowards. And as a bonus, we also throw in some nifty resources of information to get the most out of your DOOM. For how to set up Doom, aswell as to figure out which source ports or which level editors are preferred, look in that thread. In general, expect either to run in GZdoom/Pr-Boom or Chocolate Doom. These will cover all the usual ports. Any additional differences will be noted otherwise.

To keep in tone with the community thread, we will use the same fonts. Credit goes to Raptomex for creating the Community Thread and all its fonts. We also make use of a slightly modified big image macro made by the Doom Community /vr/ at 4chan. We credit them for this macro, and also for saving us a lot of time.

Credits also fly out to the excellent Doom Wiki for their excellent descriptions on certain sites. They needed some modifying, but they helped us out a lot.

This thread is created by Redneckerz and Pasokon Deacon. We provide Imps for your entertainment.

CONTENTS:
  • Mods/wads: You are forever stuck in here.
  • Links: Space marines need their intel too.
lnKsGVO.png

DOOM would never arrive at where it is now if it wasn't for its sheer expandability. Since 1993, creative minds come together and create new levels, new episodes, new stories and even new games out of the tried and tested DOOM source code. Since 2004 the Cacowards, an off spring of 10 years of Doom (Which focussed on the most notable wads for the first 10 years of DOOMing) are handed out by the Doomworld community, to celebrate the most amazing, funny, or interesting WADS and mods the community has churned out that year. A historic description will be given later. For now, here is a nice image to help you pick what stuff is worth playing. These can be found at the Doomworld /idgames Database.

BJeDYDV.png

But wait, thats not all! There are more megawads to be found. You can find a list of these here, which leads to the Doomwiki,here, which leads to reviews of megawads, and here (For Doom 1) and here (For Doom 2), which leads to the Idgamesarchive for downloads. In particular, i recommend Demonfear and Congestion: 64 for either a quick or refreshing take on the megawad format.

INDEPENDENT GAMES:
Some creative DOOMists have escaped the shores of hell, leaving Doomguy in a Entryway of Imps. They took the source code with them, and set out to create something new. Something not so DOOM. iwads, or ''Internal WADS'', are main resource files to be used with ZDOOM or one of its deriatives. Not too surprising then, that quite a lot of these games are based upon these engines. Here is a list of what we think you should play when you aren't playing DOOM (But you always play DOOM, so why are you here???)

Nocturne In Yellow created by TerminusEst13
Nocturne in Yellow is a fantasy medieval first-person shooter using an extremely modified version of the idtech1 engine, also known as the Doom engine. In it, you play as a dude marching through ancient castles with the realization that every myth and story ever made in the history of man is true and all of them are pissed off at you for having a pulse and four functional limbs. You utilize a bow, some grenades, and a spear in order to fend them off, wandering deeper to stop the rise of the dark lord threatening to spread death, destruction, and hurt feelings all around.
Xenomia created by Captain Ventris
Xenomia is an FPRTS (First-Person Real Time Strategy) game that places you on the battlefield with the goal of killing the enemy players. The catch? Instead of using weapons, you instead must create and lead an army - all without getting yourself killed in the process. Xenomia is based on a modified version of the Gloome sourceport for the original Doom, and as a result will run on anything down to a toaster with internet. Xenomia is currently in open Pre-Alpha, free to play for all to help us test and forge Xenomia into the best game it can be!
Castlevania: Simon's Destiny created by Batandy
Castlevania : Simon's Destiny is a standalone non-profit GZDOOM based fan game born as a love letter to this legendary franchise.
This mod aims to reinvent the very first NES title of the franchise with a nostalgic yet brand new first person gameplay.
All the levels from the classic NES era game have been reimagined like never before, experience the tale of Simon's fight against Dracula and his army of the night!
Blade Of Agony created by Tormentor667, DoomJuan, Ozymandias81, DoomJedi, Afadoomer and others
Blade of Agony is a story-driven FPS. The project is inspired by WWII shooters from the 90's and early 2000's, like Wolfenstein 3D, Medal of Honor, and Call of Duty, but with faster-paced gameplay in the spirit of Doom! The game can be played standalone using the GZDoom engine as a base.

It's 1942, and the war approaches its peak. The U.S. has joined the Allied forces, and the Soviets are pushing back the front in the east. The tides of war are turning, and Hitler's victory seems more and more beyond his grasp. But the Nazis, refusing to capitulate, have grown obsessed with human experiments and occult artifacts, in which they see a potential escape from their final Doom. The Allied leaders reject this possibility as nonsense; nonetheless, some still fear what the Führer might be up to. The situation is nebulous, however, and little is certain.

You are Cpt. William "B.J." Blazkowicz, an Allied spy, a fearless risk-taker, and the greatest soldier to ever take up arms in World War II. Your role has changed, though; you've retired from active duty, and now you spearhead operations as a systems analyst. You thought it would be the right choice--leading and motivating instead of doing the dirty work--but lately you've grown restless. At least until a few days ago, when you received an encrypted message from your old friend and comrade Cpt. Douglas Blake, calling you back to duty...
Return of The Triad created by El Zee & 5hfifty
Return of the Triad is a standalone mod/total conversion for zdoom, based upon Rise of the Triad.

Return of the Triad was created as a homage to the original game, the main reason I created it was because of rott's limited maps (45 degree walls and such), and wanted to create some new maps for it.

It took 6 years on and off to make, I started in 2004 with 5hfifty and we quickly made progress. It slumped for a few years, but with more and more features being available for zdoom, I decided to make it a full on conversion as close to the original in terms of gameplay elements.
Megaman 8 Bit Deathmatch created by Cutmanmike
Mega Man 8-bit Deathmatch is a free project created by CutmanMike and Team MM8BDM who consist of hardcore fans of Capcom's classic Mega Man series. Powered by the Zandronum engine, this retro styled first person shooter is designed around the look and feel of the 8-bit Mega Man games. It includes every robot master as a playable skin, over 50 weapons and maps based off the original games, 32 player online play, a singleplayer botmatch campaign and much much more. If you're a fan of online first person shooters or Mega Man, you simply have no excuse to not download and give Mega Man 8-bit Deathmatch a try today!

See also: https://www.doomworld.com/forum/topic/86945-doom-standalone-games/

OmzKVUS.png

Even a space marine needs additional ''resources'' sometimes. In here, we provide a description of a few oddball places of DOOM, that might just get in handy in your time of need...

Information and resources
The Doom Bible
created by Tom Hall
The Doom Bible is the original design document for Doom, written by Tom Hall in 1992. Much of the content seen in the document is not featured in the final version of the game. There have been several attempts by fans to make custom WADs based on the content seen in the document.

One of the prominent features of the Doom Bible is the extensive story, calling for in-game cinematics and cutscenes. The exact opposite is true for the final release of Doom. It is known that John Carmack felt that the emphasis on story slowed down the game more than it helped it. This disagreement eventually led to Tom Hall's departure from id Software before the game's release.

The Doom alphas feature much more, albeit progressively less with each successive version, of the Doom Bible's content than what made it into the final game. Some of the locations that are mentioned in the Doom Bible are fully realized in Doom 0.4. Office chairs, an assault rifle sprite that is not seen in the final release, and a bayonette sprite and animation can be found. There are also several Doom Marine models seen in a lounge-like area playing a game of cards. This was mentioned in the Doom Bible as the setting for the game's opening cinematic.
The Cutting Room Floor about unusued Doom Material
Fabian Sanglard: Doom Engine Source Code Review created by Fabian Sanglard
It was important for me to understand how Doom engine WAS performing rendition back in 1993. Here are my notes about Doom 1993 renderer, maybe it will help someone to dive in.
Doomed: Doom Wad Reviews created by Kmxexii
''Since id Software released Doom in 1993, thousands of user-made WADS and maps have been and continue to be created for the Doom community's entertainment. These are their stories.''
Doomed: Doom WAD Reviews is an independent blog authored by Doomworld community member Kmxexii. Its focus is on reviewing WAD's created for DOOM and other Doom Engine-derived games. The blog first opened on 26 April 2011 as "One Man's Journey Through Doom". kmxexii later changed the title to its current incarnation.

WADs are reviewed on the blog in-depth with at least one screenshot provided for each level alongside a paragraph of commentary. Review structuring is less formal when covering WADs featuring less than four levels; WADs containing single maps get more extensive write-ups.
Realm 667 created by Tormentor667
Realm 667 is a Doom community website originally created by Daniel Gimmer (Tormentor667) to host his own mapping work and various articles about creating Doom mods (including the infamous "detailing guide" which received the Worst Wad 2009 in the Cacowards).

The site went through several redesigns and started to broaden its role by hosting a repository of modding resources, beginning with a "Beastiary" (misspelled in homage to Nick Baker's Doom Beastiary). The repository was extended at several times to include also weapons, powerups, decorative props, special effects generators, textures, and sounds.The resource repository led to the creation of forums to help organize and review the contribution of new material. This in turn led to the development of a small community and the desire to broaden the scope of the site beyond a source of plug-and-play content.
It Runs Doom created by Kinsie
A celebration of computer science's most violent Hello World substitute, It Runs Doom showcases all the systems that strange people have managed to get to run the popular 1993 action game Doom, among other members of the retro FPS canon.
The /newstuff Chronicles maintained by Bloodshedder
The /newstuff Chronicles is a periodic roundup of recent uploads to the /idgames archive that are reviewed by Doomworld forum users. When enough number of decent reviews have been approved, they are compiled in a new issue on Doomworld's homepage. Users can post comments on a /newstuff Chronicles issue within the forums. The name /newstuff Chronicles is taken from the /newstuff directory, where the latest submissions to the archive can be found.
The ZDoom Documentation Project created by Sargebaldymaintained by Various (Staples include Bloodshedder, Graf Zahl, etc)
The ZDoom documentation project is a Doom-related wiki that attempts to save Randy Heit from the hassle of updating ZDoom's documentation whenever he adds new features, and serves as an information base for ZDoom mappers. Right now, basic ZDoom specials documentation, tricks, and other things are being added. Heit can rely on the knowledge of several dozen other people to build meaningful documentation, rather than doing all of the grunt work himself.
WADS in Progress created by Boris
WADs in Progress is a unique Doom site where users can upload screenshots and information about WADs they are currently working on. Other users can then provide comments, allowing for constructive criticism or positive approval. It has categories for different games and source ports, along with various gameplay types, such as single player and deathmatch.
The Compet-N Database created by Simon Widlake
The Compet-n database is the oldest website collecting speedruns for the Doom games, as well as a select few add-on levels (Hell Revealed, Requiem, Memento Mori, Memento Mori II, The Classic Episode, Alien Vendetta and Scythe); its demos and players are generally considered to be among the best in the world.
Doomed Speed Demos Archive created by Opulent
The Doomed Speed Demos Archive (often abbreviated DSDA) is a website that collects speedruns for various PWADS. It was created by Opulent on September 1st, 2000, and has been run by Andy Olivera since November 12th, 2008.

The archive contains well over 42,000 demos by more than 570 speedrunners. It allows many different demo types, expanding on those allowed in Compet-N It also offers tutorials on recording and playing demos, hosts binaries of various source ports and useful utilities.

The DSDA lists all players and their contributions to the archive, including total running time and ratings.
Doom Radio created by Tango, maintained by Alfonzo
Doom Radio is an ongoing broadcasting project designed to give voice to the Doom community, communicate ideas, and generally sling a lot of banter. It was originally conceived as a platform for conducting audio interviews, but the project has since expanded into the realm of talkback podcasts with the regular Intermission series, replacing the old, confused Program B series of shows, all of which you can still hear over at doomradio.org.

Podcast Series:
  • Interviews: The flagship series, speaking to the biggest names within the Doom community, and possibly without! Interviews are generally one hour in length. PM Alfonzo or Bloodshedder on Doomworld if you're interested in taking to the hotseat.
  • Intermission: The new and exciting fortnightly Doom talkback podcast series; still like a modern breakfast show but without the trashy derailments and with loads more Doom. Features a bunch of different hot-topics and cool people like TerminusEst13, Kinsie and Sgt. Shivers. This is the true heart of the project, and the future of the Doom Radio experiment. Guests are welcome, so contact one of the aforementioned hosts if you're interested in taking part.
  • Where's All the Data?: The premier review podcast, riding shotgun with the Doomworld Megawad Club! Listen to Alfonzo as he succumbs to nepotism or rips apart some luckless sucker's cool new WAD. Leave you thoughts on the WADs discussed for your chance to feature at the end of each podcast.
DRD Team (Devbuilds) maintained by Various (Known staples include Graf Zahl, Wildweasel, Enjay, Eruanna, etc)
DRD Team is a group of Doomers of various professions. It was named for their project, Doom: Refresh Daemon, which has since faded from existence. Now DRD Team serves as a host for several Doom-related projects, including source ports (GZDoom and Risen3D), mods (notably Knee-Deep in ZDoom) and more; and provides services such as development builds of several ports and utilities.

Nali

Oct 25, 2017
but where's Chex Quest

(started going through a bunch of these notable megaWADs a couple years ago and fell off after a while, need to get back to it)

OP
OP
Redneckerz
Ancient Aliens the goat
That color palette..

but where's Chex Quest

(started going through a bunch of these notable megaWADs a couple years ago and fell off after a while, need to get back to it)
With a thread as big as this you are bound to miss things, im sure you understand. In any case, there will be a follow-up update on the Cacowards, that would make a good time to cover this and the others. There have been a few TC's that are killer in quality not yet mentioned here.

Raptomex

Oct 25, 2017
Sweet thread. Of course I'm subscribing/watching. Nice to see Jenesis up there. One of my favorite wads.

OP
OP
Redneckerz
Oct 25, 2017
The Adventures of Square and Ancient Aliens are beautiful looking.

Couple of screens from my folder of hundreds.

http:///bpGc.png
http:///cpGc.png

Finny

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that's probably another reason why this doesn't get much traffic. Was lookin' for my morning dose of PoliEra only to find a Doom thread and wonder if I accidentally clicked on gaming hangouts again, heh.

Some day I'll finish a Doom map...

Deffers

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
Subbed to this thread, but yeah... this needs to move to Gaming Hangouts. Fuckin'... LOVE Classic DOOM WADs. Anybody else have fond memories of Skulltag?

Also: maybe we should do some ERA-centric stuff. Maybe some co-op stuff through Zandronum or something?

If you wanna be plugged in to the latest modding news in DOOM, I suggest you follow ICARUSLIV3S, who has a weekly DOOM Mod Madness review thing going on that covers... oh, all sorts of good shit. Mostly good shit, anyways.

Here's a modding thing that's recent that you guys should know about-- JP LeBreton, a Bioshock dev who worked at Double Fine and had an interview with John Romero notable for winning a Cacoward for recreating parts of Rapture in DOOM, has come out with a new mod called Mr. Friendly, which turns DOOM into a game where you talk to the monsters and get to know their idiosyncracies. It's very sweet and relatable and I think more people should play it.

OP
OP
Redneckerz
Looks like this is on the wrong side (off topic)?
I think so. I never thought of it when i made the thread :(

Either way, there is an Doom port on the Appstore based on GZdoom and using the old style D-Touch controlscheme, bundled with Freedoom. Obviously, inserting the proper Doom wads gives you the Id version of the game. I tested it out with Slaughterfest 2011 and it somehow manages to run half-decently, so i have quite a few megawads now thrown in (like Ancient Aliens) to get some on-the-go Dooming. Going with GZDoom is a good thing for compatibility but control wise i still prefer Doom Legacy on PSP, physical buttons just work better, but Legacy won't run some of the more elaborate mapsets unfortunately :(

Its here, btw. I can share it since its Freedoom. - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.nullsum.freedoom&hl=en_US

Moved to Gaming Hangouts.

Also DOOM!!
Was this originally in Etcetera Hangouts? Always felt i fucked it up somehow. Thank you either way! Any particular Wad you enjoyed?

Suede

Gotham's Finest
Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
I think so. I never thought of it when i made the thread :(

Either way, there is an Doom port on the Appstore based on GZdoom and using the old style D-Touch controlscheme, bundled with Freedoom. Obviously, inserting the proper Doom wads gives you the Id version of the game. I tested it out with Slaughterfest 2011 and it somehow manages to run half-decently, so i have quite a few megawads now thrown in (like Ancient Aliens) to get some on-the-go Dooming. Going with GZDoom is a good thing for compatibility but control wise i still prefer Doom Legacy on PSP, physical buttons just work better, but Legacy won't run some of the more elaborate mapsets unfortunately :(

Its here, btw. I can share it since its Freedoom. - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.nullsum.freedoom&hl=en_US

Was this originally in Etcetera Hangouts? Always felt i fucked it up somehow. Thank you either way! Any particular Wad you enjoyed?
Yeah, it was in Etc Hangouts. And I still need to look into trying a bunch, I played a bunch of Brutal Doom which was fun. Maybe when I have time I'll check out some of the ones posting in here.

OP
OP
Redneckerz
Yeah, it was in Etc Hangouts. And I still need to look into trying a bunch, I played a bunch of Brutal Doom which was fun. Maybe when I have time I'll check out some of the ones posting in here.
Ill chalk it off to being an absolute greenhorn when i made that thread :) I don't make threads often: Usually they are hugely lengthy threads of information instead of What kind of chocolate fits my tastes the best? There is obviously a crowd for both of them; i simply don't retort to the latter :)

Yeah BD is insanely popular and really has spurred a healthy dose of appreciation back into Classic Doom. However, often people are forgetting that BD is an enhancer mod and severely changes the way vanilla gameplay can be played out. Sadly, you see it often that people ask for BD support on Doom related forums - As if it is a seperate game.

Now, i wish BD was a seperate game, i think that would rock. As it stands now you will always keep that question floating around. Well, that and the author isn't taken kindly around the community for the most part.

Deffers

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
The author had some wack shit surrounding him. I think that's part of why Project Brutality became its own standalone thing in the end, as I understand it.

Here's a question. I've been trying to track down some WADs that were said to be really good remakes of the original episodes of DOOM. Apparently there was a set that John Romero thought was really good. All I've managed to find is Knee Deep in ZDoom, which looks really good, but I don't know if that's the WAD set in question. Does anybody know if there's any others? Apparently they are distinguished by making the original maps, but with the rich detailing that modern DOOM source ports and big beefy computers can support.

Speaking of big, beefy computers, GZDoom recently released a version that supports dynamic spot lights as well as super fancy material shaders like gloss and specular mapping on surfaces and lighting, as well as room reflections. The results are... fucking weird, but kinda lovely.

Look at the ceiling light texture on the upper right corner. Did... did they add chromatic aberration? At this point, GZDoom is basically a really fascinating game engine very distinct from the OG idTech1. Gotta say I love it.

Richter1887

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just found this thread. Amazing work OP!

The gameplay is still perfect and will never age, that I am sure of. I dare say that Doom is a 'perfect' game comparable to Tetris. Funny how the game that popularized the FPS genre is still the king.

I wish Doom was released in the Vita or something, that Doom collection on PS3 was great as it had every single expansion (even the previously Xbox exclusive ones) and it would great to play the whole classic series (apart from Doom 64 and PSX) on the go.

Time to try out those mods suggested in the OP!

Oct 25, 2017
Devil Halton's Trap
Subbed to this thread, but yeah... this needs to move to Gaming Hangouts. Fuckin'... LOVE Classic DOOM WADs. Anybody else have fond memories of Skulltag?

Also: maybe we should do some ERA-centric stuff. Maybe some co-op stuff through Zandronum or something?
See, I knew about Doom since I was 6 when my dad got one of the IWAD compilation CDs to show me what he played around when I was born, but Skulltag became my real introduction. Mega Man 8-Bit Deathmatch, back when it was still in alpha, was totally my thing to mess with in middle school, all before it devolved into "role-play" servers and class-based CTF or whatever. Years after, I returned to Doom-engine games through (G)ZDOOM and stuff I found on 4chan's /vr/ Doom threads, leading very quickly to binge-playing stuff highlighted on Doomworld. This really is an interesting community when you consider all its different parts.

I started up a Doom community Discord for GAF refugees last October and haven't done much with it since Raptomex re-posted our community OT. We could definitely add a hidden link to that OT and invite members to do multiplayer games (gotta have some good survival sessions!) and map collaboration. I also need to finish finals so I can edit that big Cacowards 2017 thread into something good for Gaming-side.

lazygecko

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of big, beefy computers, GZDoom recently released a version that supports dynamic spot lights as well as super fancy material shaders like gloss and specular mapping on surfaces and lighting, as well as room reflections. The results are... fucking weird, but kinda lovely.

Wouldn't specular/gloss rely on on new texture layers on top of the original diffuse ones as well as dynamic light sources (original Doom map lighting is just sectors with different brightness levels) to function?

Deffers

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
See, I knew about Doom since I was 6 when my dad got one of the IWAD compilation CDs to show me what he played around when I was born, but Skulltag became my real introduction. Mega Man 8-Bit Deathmatch, back when it was still in alpha, was totally my thing to mess with in middle school, all before it devolved into "role-play" servers and class-based CTF or whatever. Years after, I returned to Doom-engine games through (G)ZDOOM and stuff I found on 4chan's /vr/ Doom threads, leading very quickly to binge-playing stuff highlighted on Doomworld. This really is an interesting community when you consider all its different parts.

I started up a Doom community Discord for GAF refugees last October and haven't done much with it since Raptomex re-posted our community OT. We could definitely add a hidden link to that OT and invite members to do multiplayer games (gotta have some good survival sessions!) and map collaboration. I also need to finish finals so I can edit that big Cacowards 2017 thread into something good for Gaming-side.

That sounds like a great idea! We should let Redneckerz know about it so he can add it to the OP.

And yeah, the Doom community in general is pretty great to experience. People are constantly putting out so much good work and it just really shines through, yunno? There's always something new to explore.

EDIT:

Wouldn't specular/gloss rely on on new texture layers on top of the original diffuse ones as well as dynamic light sources (original Doom map lighting is just sectors with different brightness levels) to function?

Yeah, I would think so, but if you'll notice in the screenshot I posted, the reflective floor is uniformly reflective the whole way through. So I'm still uncertain about how something like a specular map works for GZDoom. And it certainly does seem to rely on dynamic light sources, given how they were included as a complete package. Given that the rendering method for GZDoom is OpenGL, it seems like they're leveraging a lot of the lighting stuff that system supports.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Redneckerz
I never got a notification for this so here i am a month late :P

I want a link to that Discord! I am already on the official Doom Community and Zdoom one, so lets have at it!

That sounds like a great idea! We should let Redneckerz know about it so he can add it to the OP.

And yeah, the Doom community in general is pretty great to experience. People are constantly putting out so much good work and it just really shines through, yunno? There's always something new to explore.

EDIT:

Yeah, I would think so, but if you'll notice in the screenshot I posted, the reflective floor is uniformly reflective the whole way through. So I'm still uncertain about how something like a specular map works for GZDoom. And it certainly does seem to rely on dynamic light sources, given how they were included as a complete package. Given that the rendering method for GZDoom is OpenGL, it seems like they're leveraging a lot of the lighting stuff that system supports.
I didnt know until now. I just released a thread on The Golden Souls 2, though :)

Accoun

Oct 25, 2017
c5BpKhR.png

Headed by Revae, REKKR is a vanilla TC for Ultimate Doom that's set in a sort-of-Norse-sort-of-Celtic-sort-of-medieval-fantasy world, where you play as a viking fighting against hordes of demons. Use bows, axes, and magic to fight off the underworld and send them all straight back to Hell.
The big thing about REKKR is that there's an extreme amount of attention to era-authenticity–everything is done is Dehacked, the sound effects were crafted from General Series 6000/Sony Pictures Sound Effects stock libraries, the levels were all constructed to fit within vanilla limits, and more.

http://manbitesshark.com/

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017
How do I use a gameplay mod like Meta Doom on a map WAD. Using GZDoom and I can't seem to get it too work.

Oct 25, 2017
Devil Halton's Trap
How do I use a gameplay mod like Meta Doom on a map WAD. Using GZDoom and I can't seem to get it too work.
Make sure you have the latest GZDoom version and the newest MetaDoom update. It should run in GZDoom natively, but it's possible the new version has screwed something up. What order are you launching files in? I would load the mod first and WAD after; you should have a choice of file launcher on your OS, or at least batch scripts/Applescript can do the trick if you look up command-line functions for Doom.

Deffers

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
Make sure you have the latest GZDoom version and the newest MetaDoom update. It should run in GZDoom natively, but it's possible the new version has screwed something up. What order are you launching files in? I would load the mod first and WAD after; you should have a choice of file launcher on your OS, or at least batch scripts/Applescript can do the trick if you look up command-line functions for Doom.

Also, something like ZDoom Launcher can help with mod loading order and shit like that as well. I tend to prefer it for complex piles of mods. It's not quite as intuitive as, say, the Minecraft modding scene, but it's plenty good enough to make some real complex stuff.

AgentStrange

Oct 25, 2017

Also, something like ZDoom Launcher can help with mod loading order and shit like that as well. I tend to prefer it for complex piles of mods. It's not quite as intuitive as, say, the Minecraft modding scene, but it's plenty good enough to make some real complex stuff.

Thanks guys! Finally got to use Russian Overkill on Nuts.