• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which do you prefer?

• Classic Nemesis

Votes: 297 62.0%
  • Remake Nemesis

Votes: 182 38.0%

• Total voters

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
This has been a debate since the first reveal of Nemesis. So some modders step in to give the option for those who prefer the classic design.

www.nexusmods.com

Mod unavailable

This mod is not currently available
This mod replaces the new Nemesis model with the one from Marvel vs Capcom.

5pBDLtv.jpg
1SEIJvh.jpg

Last edited:

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
I like the new one better, but that might be because of the artistic capabilities of the modders. I'm sure they tried their best but it looks too simplistic for some reason.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
I still can't believe the nose on the new Nemesis. How does that look scary and not laughable?

Like, OG Nemesis looks like a monster. Neo Nemesis looks like a mutated man with a crooked nose and piano-teeth.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
Classic looks so much better.
I still want to know who stapled nemesis's face. What poor doctor had that job.

I still can't believe the nose on the new Nemesis. How does that look scary and not laughable?

Like, OG Nemesis looks like a monster. Neo Nemesis looks like a mutated man with a crooked nose and piano-teeth.

This is how I feel about the face Staples. New nemesis looking like some terrifying body horror mutation makes it way more spooky and less funny looking, imo.

Hentailover

Oct 25, 2017
Moscow
old one looks "cooler" in a sense, but I actually think I am prefer new one in terms of horror aspects. New one is more disgusting and disturbing.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Should have made this an option where if you have the Classic clothes on, you get the Classic Nemesis.

I really, really don't like the new design. The new one comes off as if they were embarrassed by the older one, despite that one appearing in so many games.

Dlanor A. Knox

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Apr 6, 2018
It doesn't fit the visual quality of the remake, looks out of place.

I prefer the remake version.

SanTheSly

The San Symphony Project
Sep 2, 2019
United Kingdom
This is just kinda... off and out of place.

It's like when people upload SUPER MARIO 64 ULTRA HD RTX UE4 demos on youtube thinking they look great and they all end up looking terrible. I get what they were going for but the execution is always off.

Canas Renvall

Banned
Mar 4, 2018
That Classic Nemesis looks t e r r i b l e. Good god. I love Nemesis and I love the classic design, but this is proof positive that classic Nemesis just doesn't work for this hyper-realistic style RE Engine is going for.

Rogote

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it doesn't look very good at all now. Looks a bit too tryhard. Like it's trying to look all evil and shit. New one looks like it used to be someone and the process just left him barely anything than a lump of rapidly degrading meat. Basically it looks very cheesy where the new one looks disgusting and more horrifying and difficult to look at.

Asbsand

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Denmark
I don't know, I find the uncanny aspect to it what makes it unsettling. It reminds me of The Thing, or Videodrome. It's very cronenberg.
To me it's more in the realm of really shitty horror movies like "Insidious", the ones that try too hard and too overtly to invoke terror with slender-man type figures. And to me RE used to have a subtler form of horror.

Deleted member 22750

Oct 28, 2017
Old by far

teeth and nose and eye are all odd on the new one

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
To me it's more in the realm of really shitty horror movies like "Insidious", the ones that try too hard and too overtly to invoke terror with slender-man type figures. And to me RE used to have a subtler form of horror.
He literally has staples in his face and a rocket launcher. The original design is the opposite of subtle, lmao. It's like a Todd MacFarlane sketch on crack.

I don't like insidious either, but I don't really think Nemesis's new design invokes Slenderman at all. Especially given that Slenderman specifically has no facial features whatsoever.

Deleted member 1102

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Remake Nemesis fits better with the realistic take on RE3's world, just shoving the old design in there doesn't work imo.

MilkBeard

Oct 25, 2017
Old one looks too generic "I'm trying to be scary, raawwr" to me. I mean both would get the job done in game, but I'm tired of the first design in generic gaming enemies
He literally has staples in his face and a rocket launcher. The original design is the opposite of subtle, lmao. It's like a Todd MacFarlane sketch on crack.
Pretty much

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Classic looks so much better. I can't take the new one seriously with that nose and teeth.

IDreamOfHime

Oct 27, 2017
Would have been great if this had been an official skin. They're giving classic Jill and Carlos skins for pre-orders, why no Nemmy?

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like the old design better, and hats off to the modders. However, I wish the official design was based more close on the old one with more subdued features, so that he does look less cartoonish in high res ultra detail in our modern time without the somewhat goofy choices of the new nemesis

Aurc

Oct 28, 2017
That looks horrendously low-res, and also unfitting. I get it if people dislike the new design, but this is just a band-aid fix until someone can create a model that matches the fidelity of an official one.

DvdGzz

Banned
Mar 21, 2018
Classic must be tugging on nostalgia for some of you cause it looks pretty bad now. Amateurish and plastic looking.

zma1013

Oct 27, 2017
For me, Nemesis has a specific visual identity, much like Alien or Predator. I expect him to look like he always looked. If that means keeping the "Todd Mcfarlane" face, so be it, but that IS Nemesis. The new design just isn't him.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
I have never played RE3 and have no predisposition towards either design. The old one looks cooler (in a sense) but the new one looks scarier.

Jet Jaguar

Dec 3, 2017
New one is far superior and looks much more horrific and twisted from the bio-experiment perspective

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Should have made this an option where if you have the Classic clothes on, you get the Classic Nemesis.

I really, really don't like the new design. The new one comes off as if they were embarrassed by the older one, despite that one appearing in so many games.
Like with Jill they approached the new design of Nemesis by thinking of what he'd actually look like. So Nemesis looks a lot more like an unintentional abomination instead of "neat" abomination.

Mr_Nothin

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The new nemesis looks like he's crying & I hate the long teeth. The sideway nose also looks hilarious
Old design is better