• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
Cliffy B just tweeted about Epic Games trying to hire away his Boss Key team and then goes on to insinuate that they're doing it because they feel threatened it seems? He says there's room for more than a few games in this genre.

He's obviously referring to Radical Heights which he just released which is a very, very, very early access battle royale game. Obviously Epic's Fortnite is insanely popular right now.

Crushed

Oct 25, 2017
FqQ6WHU.png

Zereta

Oct 26, 2017
I don't particularly think Epic is feeling threatened by Radical Heights, from what I've seen. But it is a curious insinuiation. Wonder what's up.

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Look, if I worked on LawBreakers and Epic wanted me to come work on the most popular game out there and I assume offered higher pay, can you blame them for jumping ship?

Daedardus

Oct 25, 2017
Not only was LawBreakers his first Battle Royale game per @kazhiraiceo, now his development team is turning into one too.

JohnnyMoses

Oct 27, 2017
That's illegal! Sounds like there's a bunch of Lawbreakers over at Epic!

I have nothing else to contribute, I'm sorry.

Tregard

Oct 27, 2017
2010: So I guess Cliffy b stole my girl last night....

2018: So I guess Epic Games stole my dev team last night....

Oct 25, 2017
I mean if they're offering honest money for a real job and the person decides to take it, there isn't really anything wrong with that. That's what competition is. If they choose to take the offer then you didn't compete well enough.

Shark

Oct 28, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Yeah, I can't imagine why people would want to jump off that sinking ship while also remaining in the same area. It must just be Epic having it out for the guy.

Wololo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 20, 2017
CliffyB has always never been afraid to speak his mind. Hes been in the industry long enough to where if he says something id believe it.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Cliffy B being Cliffy B again. I don't necessarily doubt a dev working at Boss Keys could've been scouted, but airing a grievance like that on Twitter is lame.

OP
OP
Ryo Hazuki

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017

Seems like some have left going by this? Says they won't be able to keep it up if they keep trying to hire his team. Makes it sound like Epic are trying to fuck him over by poaching his employees because they released a BR game.

Seth Balmore

Oct 27, 2017
Spain
Kinda in poor taste to be all catty at his former employer publicly like this. I thought they parted ways amicably, too. And that's this industry for you anyway, devs jump companies quite often afaik.

Nov 1, 2017

Seems like some have left going by this? Says they won't be able to keep it up if they keep trying to hire his team. Makes it sound like Epic are trying to fuck him over by poaching his employees because they released a BR game.

Or they just took a better offer at the fucking developer of Fortnite, one of the hottest games in the world.

Zing

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
This is a shining example of why social media is a mistake. This sort of passive-aggressive method of insulting colleagues in public is actively harmful to society.

wrowa

Oct 25, 2017
The way he mentions Radical Heights in the second sentence makes the tweet sound like a rather desperate PR move: "Our game is so great even the makers of Fortnite are afraid of it!"

RdN

Oct 31, 2017
It's part of the business, and by that, I say of every business.

Companies will seek talented people. If a company offers a more interesting opportunity, employees have all the right to make the change.

trugs26

Jan 6, 2018
To me it seems like a good idea to go to social media with this. Because if epic do end up hiring away their devs, it could make epic look bad now that this info is out there. Not that this will actually happen, but epic may not want to risk it, meaning that cliffy gets to keep his team.

Zereta

Oct 26, 2017
Remember when nobody thought PUBG Corp had anything to worry about with Fortnite BR?

Fair point.

I'll rephrase it this way: In its current iteration, Radical Heights doesn't seem like a threat. Conceptually, Lawbreakers was great and while it wasn't the game for me (or anyone, apparently), those guys make good games. I just don't currently see the potential in Radical Heights now.

goldenpp73

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
To me it seems like a good idea to go to social media with this. Because if epic do end up hiring away their devs, it could make epic look bad now that this info is out there. Not that this will actually happen, but epic may not want to risk it, meaning that cliffy gets to keep his team.

Epic won't give a shit about what some internet people think about their hires, and the internet won't really care about what happens with this other company.