• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
PmumOFITMdtx4XgJazVWpjyiXVB_Q9QOODhKrXxHbCY.jpg

I didn't know I wanted this until now.

Deleted member 93841

User-requested account closure
Banned
Mar 17, 2021
God yes, please. Unreal 1 and 2 are gems that were unfortunately forgotten in the shadow of the later Unreal Tournament games.

NeoBob688

Oct 27, 2017
I'd like Unreal 1 engine to go open source so modders can add ray tracing and such to Deus Ex 1 etc

JahIthBer

Jan 27, 2018
Hope it would have RT, feel like the quake remaster was more like a modern console port. mods already exist for unreal to make it look pretty.

Katmeister

Banned
May 1, 2021
PmumOFITMdtx4XgJazVWpjyiXVB_Q9QOODhKrXxHbCY.jpg

I didn't know I wanted this until now.

I've always been fascinated by this image. I saw this fairly recently the first time (a few years ago but still more recent than when it came out) and I just can't imagine why it looks so impressive. I remember early 3D but it all kind of blurs together in my mind.

TheDarkKnight

Oct 25, 2017
Unreal 1 highlight for me was intro of the main cover boy enemy (forget their names). All the lights go out, you don't know what's up and then they appear. Really cool moment back in the day

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
I LOVE the first unreal, the setting is just so awesome. The opening still makes me nostalgic as hell:

FallenGrace

Oct 27, 2017
I've always been fascinated by this image. I saw this fairly recently the first time (a few years ago but still more recent than when it came out) and I just can't imagine why it looks so impressive. I remember early 3D but it all kind of blurs together in my mind.
I mean I remember Quake 2 blowing my mind on PC at the time. This pic is ugly now but was probably very impressive back then.

Turnabout Sisters

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's just stupid I think. There's no way you could play Quake and then be incredulous that that's a real screenshot from a similar game. This is from Quake. It's not as many polys for sure, but it's just not that far off.

Martin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I was confused and thinking they want to remaster the unreal engine 1

Oct 25, 2017
Finish that UT reboot on a smaller scale and package it with this potential Unreal remaster. You'd make my whole year, Tim.
I know for a fact that there's people at Epic who would love to do it.

Gabbo

Oct 25, 2017
Please allow nightdive to completely remake unreal2 from scratch however they want while youre at it. Legend lost the plot there, and it's not good.

oxymoron

Oct 27, 2017
If you compare to the Quake screenshot Maya Fey posted, the textures on the character model are just so much more detailed. The detail on the chest, the veins on the arms and legs. The Quake model has very large pixels that are evocative of detail, the Unreal model's textures are actually recognisable.

It also looks like the Unreal model has muscles getting deformed in a realistic way in movement, if you look at the pecs. Just the idea of having a humanoid body that looks and behaves the way bodies work, that was a huge leap back then!

Katmeister

Banned
May 1, 2021
If you compare to the Quake screenshot Maya Fey posted, the textures on the character model are just so much more detailed. The detail on the chest, the veins on the arms and legs. The Quake model has very large pixels that are evocative of detail, the Unreal model's textures are actually recognisable.

It also looks like the Unreal model has muscles getting deformed in a realistic way in movement, if you look at the pecs. Just the idea of having a humanoid body that looks and behaves the way bodies work, that was a huge leap back then!

Oh I see! Thanks for the explanation.

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
I'd just like Nightdive to release the System Shock 1 remake I backed 5 years ago.

Xero grimlock

Dec 1, 2017
The.first unreal is still one of my all time favorite fps games. Some of the most varied level design in a fps and a great sense of exploration of an alien planet.

gothmog

Oct 28, 2017
NY
It has been so long since I've played anything unreal related that I would love to see a modern remaster.

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
unless there is a way to generate vbuck sales from it, i don't think Epic are interested

Oct 25, 2017
Unreal plays quite well even on new hardware after you install the OldUnreal mod. The biggest issue with it is the extremely tiny HUD if you play in 1440p or above.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Unreal 2 was a much, much better game, I think. Especially once the XMP add-on was released. But the original game was very good looking for its time.