• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Ehoavash

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017

I mean he was kinda the xbox dude, but nah that wouldn't have saved the game either cause of overwatch explosion and the looming threat of battle royal games

Real

Oct 28, 2017
Yes. That's what it was, Cliffy.

Why won't this dude just be silent about LawBreakers already?

MGPanda

Feb 25, 2018
Sure, putting a generic, boring-ass game that was dead from the moment it was announced on a console with a bigger playerbase was a mistake. Sure, Cliff. Was putting Radical Heights on Steam a mistake as well?

Real

Oct 28, 2017

Stirring up lukewarm controversy to sell a memoir. Almost fell for it.

SirKai

Dec 28, 2017
Washington
I like Cliffy B but let's be real, the on-going dominance of Overwatch, Rainbow Six, and Call of Duty around the time of Lawbreaker's release was always going to cripple that game regardless of the console it was on. Plus, it didn't stand out enough to be some sort of pioneering, explosive hit like the battle royale genre saw with PUBG.

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
I guess he's not wrong in terms of brand association, but platforms were the least of Lawbreaker's problems.

Birbos

Alt Account
Banned
May 15, 2020
LawBreakers wasn't bad, it just wasn't needed. I wish someone could go back and stop them from making it. I remember the first reveal stream where they only showed concept art for a weapon.

Deleted member 8688

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Kinda obnoxious (but not surprising) that he thinks the game failed because he left his personal fan base behind.

Though to be honest I've never heard of it so maybe he's right.

CopyOfACopy

Oct 27, 2017
what-the-hell-are-you-talking-about.gif

Jogi

Prophet of Regret
Jul 4, 2018
As much as a flop as the game was, it was weird that for someone known to one crowd via Gears...and then decide to toss a game to the other console was...strange Is it why it failed? No. But, it certainly didn't help it.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The hate boner for Cliffy is really insane. I feel like he's on the same level than Trump when it comes to pure hate on Era.

Anyway, I'm curious to read more about his career, especially the Gears and the Boss Key parts.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Let Lawbreakers go, Cliffy B. The game was advertised well, was hotly discussed, and ultimately undesired in the end. Nearly nobody felt it was worth their time.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully that wasn't his only takeaway from the abject failure of Lawbreakers

I saw tons of commercials for it too, so surely it wasn't Sony's fault there. That shitty cover of "Spirit In the Sky" with the rap verse... bleughhhh.

This man is in deep, deep denial.

Its surprising to see him on Twitter and not Vero with how in denial he is about the failures of his projects

Trago

Oct 25, 2017
It also reeeeealy didn't help that Overwatch was well established and everyone under the sun was comparing your game to it.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
Did not know it was exclusive. Glad it was on PS4 though because I got it because of a friend and did have a lot of fun with it. Shame it just died off pretty quick.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
The hate boner for Cliffy is really insane. I feel like he's on the same level than Trump when it comes to pure hate on Era.
"Hate boner"? This is the umpteenth time he's resurrected the Lawbreakers name, and with each subsequent resurrection, we will enjoy poking fun harder. Nobody here hates the man or his work ... it's just that he continues to make headlines for suggesting that the game might have been a success. To this, we all share a big honkin' laugh.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This definitely wouldn't have saved it. And btw, it makes me sad when people shit on Lawbreakers when they likely haven't played it. It was a cool game.