• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't think anyone would hire Cliff after Lawbreakers absolute failure.

Vadara

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CliffyB should just accept that the world doesn't want hardcore games anymore but coddling casualized stuff. The days of Unreal are dead. Shame, really.

Xer0

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All these "not after Lawbreakers" comments as if the dude made one game.

Gobias-Ind

Nov 22, 2017
If Microsoft rehires the Gears of War guy I'm going to cancel my reconsideration of re-buying an Xbone.

ABIC

Banned
Nov 19, 2017
It's interesting he says MS instead of Sony or Nintendo. Man dooms himself by creating limitations to his future. Then again, given his personality, it's not clear how many bridges he burned earlier on

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I think Cliffy B is a talented guy and am always in favor of seeing new IP in the industry.

I would be very in favor of this

Lady Bow

Nov 30, 2017
3PSJItg.jpg

Deleted member 1003

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sure, fine.

I found it funny and so weird that Sean had to clarify that he plays all platforms. So if you talk support or interest in one platform, you must hate the others or something. So stupid.

Deleted member 21709

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Lawbreakers wasn't a bad game. It had horrible timing/marketing.

Yes, he needs to team up with MS and be given a AAA budget and an all-star team of his choosing. Do it.

Crayon

Oct 26, 2017
The distribution and marketing is at least as important as the content. He should have learned this with gears.

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
After what happened to Lawbreaker I aint surprised. Microsoft at least would put some decent marketing behind it too.

hydruxo

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Lawbreakers' gameplay was actually a blast. The guy knows how to make fun gameplay. It's just that everything around it was so generic that it didn't standout in a crowded FPS market.

Benji

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
All these "not after Lawbreakers" comments as if the dude made one game.

Yeah it's weird especially as Lawbreakers seems it was a competently made game.

I don't think Lawbreakers failure would prevent him finding another job by any means

RoboPlato

Oct 25, 2017
Boss Key does seem like a studio that would be a good fit to work with MS. History with Xbox franchises and they wouldn't be hugely expensive to work with either.

Akita One

Oct 30, 2017
Didn't he say consoles were trash or something like that when Lawbreakers was getting ready to launch?

bry

Oct 27, 2017
I dont feel like thats what he meant by that.
He sounded like he was telling the guy who made that tweet that he can dream.

Abrasion Test

Oct 27, 2017
Neither and both, the genre just appears to be dead, Quake Champions is hovering around 500 players.
People piled on Cliff in combination with some of the stuff he said. Despite all that he's a super talented designer and I definitely wouldn't write him off. He could do some cool stuff with a good direction and publishing partner.

Status
Not open for further replies.