• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 54292

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 27, 2019
I am 1000% down for a sweet SciFi TPS/Action Adventure game. This gen has seen some really solid mechanical improvements within the genre and I feel Cliffy could create another fictional world and fun enemies for us to battle once more. Could be cover based but don't skimp on player mobility (crouch/prone/crawl/sprint/clamber). You can do it Cliffy, give us the goods!

FlintSpace

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I really thought Bosskey productions after lawbreakers was done.
Talent should be given a second chance.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Well theres plenty to criticize about Cliff himself, the man has had way more hits than misses in his career in games.

Radical Heights was pretty clearly a desperate cash grab, but I honestly think Lawbreakers was simply the wrong game at the wrong time. If they had released it this year with the ubiquity of things like Gamepass and with the Overwatch/PUBG hype having died down I think it would have fared far better. Maybe Bosskey would still be around as well.

Dee Bill

Oct 28, 2017
Montreal
Give this talented guy a job.

I see him working with Microsoft since not only Microsoft are looking for talent but also because he worked closely with them before.

Love him or hate him, Cliffy B knows how to make games.

TolerLive

Senior Lighting Artist
Verified
Nov 15, 2017
Redmond, WA
Microsoft should grab Cliffy and give him the go ahead to build his own xbox game studio from the ground up. He'd have the financial backing to follow through on his vision without needing to make a BR clone to keep his studio alive.

Akela

Oct 28, 2017
I remember seeing his name in Rez Infinite's credits, forgot what the role was. I'm hoping he's still making things outside the spotlight.

I know he's been doing stuff for Analogue recently - he designed the startup animations for the Super NT and Mega SG consoles for example.

ToddBonzalez

The Pyramids? That's nothing compared to RDR2
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I remember seeing his name in Rez Infinite's credits, forgot what the role was. I'm hoping he's still making things outside the spotlight.
He worked on the VR game Super Hyper Cube that came out a couple years ago. Not sure if anything else.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Would love Coalition to pick him up, even though Gears 5 was superior to any other Gears, I think he can add to it.

Last edited:

Navid

Oct 26, 2017
Someone point him towards the creators version of Dreams...

Last edited:

TheJollyCorner

The Fallen
Nov 7, 2017
If I recall Kojima asked Cliff to work help on silent hills he declined a saying he wants to do original stuff. Kojima is probably working on another horror game next one that is not Silent Hills.. maybe ?

What the fuck? I never heard this.
Sounds awful. Unless CliffyB has created/written some hidden horror gem out there I've never heard of, the guy's brand of creativity is about as subtle as a sledgehammer to the face. Totally wrong for any kind of psychological horror based on his past body of work.

This is another reason I didn't fully trust Kojima working on a Silent Hill. I fear sometimes he gets too wrapped up in getting big names involved in projects instead of the right names involved in projects.
Hopefully he extended the same effort reaching out to those that actually made the first four games great (guys that have essentially vanished in the game development world, like Sato, Ito, Imamura, Owaku, etc.), but I guess we'll never know.

Edward

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Bring back Radical Heights!

I fucking loved that game. It did some stuff that nobody else was doing at the time but is now doing. I'm sad they abandoned it.

Jul 10, 2018

"Tests done since 1933 show that people who talk about their intentions are less likely to make them happen.

Announcing your plans to others satisfies your self-identity just enough that you're less motivated to do the hard work needed."

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm one of the few people who actually really enjoyed Lawbreakers. That said, he could stand to enjoy some introspection. Once his studio closed he started to get a little more aggressively edgy.

I don't think Lawbreakers was so much hated as it was another hero shooter in a crowded market. Cliff said so himself, but thought it could be number 2 or 3 to Overwatch.

LuigiMario

Oct 28, 2017
for the uninitiated:

1NDKLdv.png

I never saw this until today and it may be the best thing I've ever seen on Twitter. I'm howling.

Jakenbakin

Jun 17, 2018

"Tests done since 1933 show that people who talk about their intentions are less likely to make them happen.

Announcing your plans to others satisfies your self-identity just enough that you're less motivated to do the hard work needed."
I'm not convinced that's as applicable to someone with a long line of creating world renowned products and an extensive record of producing results...

VeePs

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Cliff has made some great games so I would be excited to see whatever he creates in the future. Good luck.

MilesQ

Oct 25, 2017
He was behind Gears, which I absolutely adore, so I wish him luck and hope he's able to bring something on par to Gears to the table.

I do think he needs to chill on attacking folks online though.

Mr_DyZ

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Jun 12, 2019
I can't wait to see which company he makes and eventually burns down for another early retirement while denying his employees their severance packages!

Fuck CliffyB.

Not sure what this pertains to specifically, but I have two really close friends that worked at Bosskey under Cliff, and they absolutely loved it. Still have nothing bad to say about it.

Budi

Oct 25, 2017
Finland
Lawbreakers deserved much more than it got, loved that game. Simply moving around was such a joy. Hope to see him take another jab at game development, he's a talented guy.

Jobbs

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Good stuff. Best of luck to him.

edit: I probably shouldn't have read through the thread but Era is pretty toxic. Maybe you just don't see yourselves