• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

luca

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't started the season yet, but are they still doing the after-show like they did last season?

Oct 28, 2017
This season sucks. They really dont know what to do with Tandy or Brigitte. Brigitte is a completely different person. A boring one so far.

And the damn music video scenes have to go but I guess some exec thinks it's what the kids like. And maybe hes right. I dont know. But they're losing this old man.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Not as strong as the last 2 episodes but still good.

This season sucks. They really dont know what to do with Tandy or Brigitte. Brigitte is a completely different person. A boring one so far.

And the damn music video scenes have to go but I guess some exec thinks it's what the kids like. And maybe hes right. I dont know. But they're losing this old man.

Brigitte is trying to balance keeping her job while helping Tandy and Ty on the side and dealing with Mayhem. She's got a lot of stuff going on. Tandy and Ty are both struggling with how to be superheroes and frustrated by not being able to do more. Tandy showed signs of being seduced to the dark side by Mayhem last week. I expect that to be played out more as the season progresses.

Oct 28, 2017
Not as strong as the last 2 episodes but still good.

Brigitte is trying to balance keeping her job while helping Tandy and Ty on the side and dealing with Mayhem. She's got a lot of stuff going on. Tandy and Ty are both struggling with how to be superheroes and frustrated by not being able to do more. Tandy showed signs of being seduced to the dark side by Mayhem last week. I expect that to be played out more as the season progresses.

I understand what's going on. It's just boring or done clumsily.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Wait so what happened to Mayhem(Bad Brighid)? Is she still stuck there.

My guess is they all got pulled out. Connors didn't appear right next to them when they got pulled out so maybe Bad Brigid is somewhere else in the church or she already ran off.

For the season in general, I'm still along for the ride but I definitely am feeling some growing pains during these first few episodes. It's not as engaging as the first season (so far).

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
I definitely could have done without the song at the very end, but that 'Baby One More Time' cover was pretty good.

Connors being free now, brings Tyrone closer to clearing his name.

The show does love to have characters go into different worlds/portals. Pretty tough trip for Tandy taking a trip down memory lane to her childhood.

Plainswalker

Apr 14, 2018
Canada

I think that's the whole point with Brigid. She's boring because Mayhem is literally her anger and rage and her ability made manifest. When you take that all away, you're just left with Brigid, who is nice and wants to help and that's about all she is.

My guess is they all got pulled out. Connors didn't appear right next to them when they got pulled out so maybe Bad Brigid is somewhere else in the church or she already ran off.

For the season in general, I'm still along for the ride but I definitely am feeling some growing pains during these first few episodes. It's not as engaging as the first season (so far).
If I understood the conversation with Papa Legba correctly, Mayhem could only get out if Tandy completed the trials and stuck to the rules, and only then would Mayhem be able to get out if she tagged along with Tandy, since she's "half a person" and isn't able to get out on her own. Since Tandy didn't complete the trial and got kicked out of the world for breaking the rules, keeping to the letter of the agreement, Mayhem should still hypothetically be in there.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I really liked the last episode for some reason - having next to no expectations and not knowing the characters and their full power set from the source material helps.
Sometimes it progresses a bit too slow, but seeing Ty re-connect with his mother again was cool.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Even in that previous fight, she was lucky the bad guys respect charging moves anime style.

Wrong viper man, wrong viper.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Connor's change of heart seemed legit, so did his uncle just remove his insurance policy from the wine bottle. It would make sense if he knew his keys were taken.

Brigid needs Mayhem to somehow become whole again.

Luckily for Tandy she learned the fireball flare technique, those light daggers won't cut it against real criminals.

So the counselor lady is really selling the girls out, smh.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Okay this last episode got me. I'm now on board with this season.

Really liked the structure of the episode but what was with that scene at the end where Tandy was telling the story? Was that a hope or dream or something?

Also, I'm actually kinda glad to have Conners back. He made this episode very interesting.

Plainswalker

Apr 14, 2018
Canada
Wtf at that ending, didn't her to be the viper all along...
Yeah in hindsight I see the signs but watching it I didn't pick up on it at all.

Which I guess was exactly the point. Abusers (and the people complicit in it) don't generally have gigantic neon signs above their heads telling you they're an abuser. They use lies and emotional manipulation to lure you in and make you trust them, and then after the fact you're like "I should have seen it coming, I'm so stupid, all the signs were there". Which is an effective way of tying into the season's narrative (and the story of the viper).

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
And so the season's villian is revealed. That was a gut punch. I thought he would be an ally. I like the simple but twisted backstory: he helps the 90% as best he can but uses the 10% with no hope left to medicate himself for an ailment that's probably incurable because it was caused by the rig explosion.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
And so the season's villian is revealed. That was a gut punch. I thought he would be an ally. I like the simple but twisted backstory: he helps the 90% as best he can but uses the 10% with no hope left to medicate himself for an ailment that's probably incurable because it was caused by the rig explosion.
He stated the headache is what caused him to attempt suicide and the rig explosion gave him a way to rid the headaches temporarily. Anyways looking it up he's probably the MCU version of D'Spayre

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
That episode was really good - i feel sorry for Tandy, thats fucked up.
Ty...save our girl :-/

mikeys_legendary

The Fallen
Sep 26, 2018
I've yet to get a chance to see this show. What's the general consensus of it around here? Worth a shot, or worth a pass?

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Fascinating episode. I don't know why but I really enjoyed the alternate looks at the way Tandy and Ty could've met.

Plainswalker

Apr 14, 2018
Canada
My biggest question now is, what's next? So Andre is kidnapping women to siphon their despair, and then he's just releasing them? There's something else going on here. He said that Tandy was ready at the end of the episode, but ready for what? Is he working with something else to make these women into hosts for something? Or maybe just batteries—overwhelms them with despair, continues to feed off of them? I dunno!

This was a great episode and incredibly tense. I'm looking forward to seeing how things unfold.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Fascinating episode. I don't know why but I really enjoyed the alternate looks at the way Tandy and Ty could've met.

Yeah that was pretty cool - regardless of the reality or Dimension they are supposed to connect with each other.
Made the end with Ty not being to "help" her any more more impactful.

Great episode.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Jesus, that was a really good episode. Thought it was just gonna be a "what if" kind of episode, then the twist... It's kind of funny, despite the leads having powers, I kind of wasn't expecting them to face a villain with powers of their own. At least, not this soon anyways. I mean yea there's Mayhem, but she's more of an antihero. So finding out that the big bad is a guy that feeds on people's despair was pretty chilling, as well as his reasoning for doing so. Imagine finding out you're part of that 10%. Even if you recover from what he's done, I'd still feel some type of way about it, to be considered a person with no hope. Also a smart move to make the guy yet another character we've already been introduced to, really can't just anyone.

I've yet to get a chance to see this show. What's the general consensus of it around here? Worth a shot, or worth a pass?

Worth it. It's a slow burn, but the good kind IMO. The leads really sell the show.

Yeah in hindsight I see the signs but watching it I didn't pick up on it at all.

Which I guess was exactly the point. Abusers (and the people complicit in it) don't generally have gigantic neon signs above their heads telling you they're an abuser. They use lies and emotional manipulation to lure you in and make you trust them, and then after the fact you're like "I should have seen it coming, I'm so stupid, all the signs were there". Which is an effective way of tying into the season's narrative (and the story of the viper).

Tfw there are two vipers...

Plainswalker

Apr 14, 2018
Canada
Jesus, that was a really good episode. Thought it was just gonna be a "what if" kind of episode, then the twist... It's kind of funny, despite the leads having powers, I kind of wasn't expecting them to face a villain with powers of their own. At least, not this soon anyways.
Yeah I totally was not expecting a powered person as the villain and I definitely wasn't expecting him. I was expecting a completely mundane villain and the kidnapping/trafficking story to be played straight. I was expecting Lia to just be a pawn in a trafficking scheme, not working beside a powered villain. I'm not disappointed, though. And in hindsight Andre directing Tandy to her makes a lot more sense.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
My biggest question now is, what's next? So Andre is kidnapping women to siphon their despair, and then he's just releasing them? There's something else going on here. He said that Tandy was ready at the end of the episode, but ready for what? Is he working with something else to make these women into hosts for something? Or maybe just batteries—overwhelms them with despair, continues to feed off of them? I dunno!

This was a great episode and incredibly tense. I'm looking forward to seeing how things unfold.

There was the flashing motel sign at the end of the episode and the sad reality that happens to people who are victims of sex trafficking in real life which points to what he could be doing and preparing the women for. Although there could be more to it.

Agreed this was a really good episode.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Tandy right now:

maxresdefault.jpg