• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 17388

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol at the arcade origins
They should have said them complete now they own Fox, by being injected with weird heroin, they had their mutant genes activated :V

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Ty and Tandy really should have consulted with Evita first before confronting him. Now they're bascially screwed.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Yeah, Ty and Tandy were a bit too reckless this episode, no doubt influenced by Bad Brigid.

Nice to see a bit of backstory on Andre. Excited to see what he's like in the next episode given how this episode ended.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
Looks like Tandy and Tyrone got to Andre too late

Damn! at Andre filling up the record place with all those girls

Tyrone working to clean up the drug trade somewhat.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
So I'm catching up on season 2 and we just finished episode 7 with the motel fight.

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

The dude walking in on Tandy was such a fucking dark moment, but as it pans over to her hearing the argument in the next room, you just know it's going to take a turn. Then the underlighting on her face as she lifts the dagger, Ty driving to her rescue, Mayhem fucking up the records...

This show has some phenomenal moments that are among this genre's best. That was some cathartic fucking-shit-up.

Oct 25, 2017
So I'm catching up on season 2 and we just finished episode 7 with the motel fight.

Holy. Fucking. Shit.

The dude walking in on Tandy was such a fucking dark moment, but as it pans over to her hearing the argument in the next room, you just know it's going to take a turn. Then the underlighting on her face as she lifts the dagger, Ty driving to her rescue, Mayhem fucking up the records...

This show has some phenomenal moments that are among this genre's best. That was some cathartic fucking-shit-up.

I think I legit fist pumped in my room when that moment turned from dark to awesome. I know people complain about the shows use of music, but I thought it worked really well there

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
I think I legit fist pumped in my room when that moment turned from dark to awesome. I know people complain about the shows use of music, but I thought it worked really well there
I mean it was real corny when Tandy and Mayhem were seeing Tandy's memory and the slow moody cover of Brittney Spears or whatever is playing. But the motel fight song was perfect for that scene.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
I thought that was her old dead boyfriend. Low blow regardless.

Also... it's nice to see the cast try and hype up the Dark Phoenix film despite not being in the MCU. Too bad I doubt it will be good.

EDIT: Dammit. Andre straight up save scummed them.

Last edited:

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Oh yeah a sword!
Djz45DFU8AA0ZfG.jpg

Superman2x7

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
I think I watched half of the first season last year, one of the most boring shows I have ever watched. Felt like nothing was happening. And I dont mind slow starts if the characters are interesting and the story unfolding seems good, this was BORING all around.

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018
Didn't know Evita was proficient with nail guns in combat too.

Anyways, it was a great season, though I can't help but feel they left the ending open ended because they fear cancellation. It's a possibility after all due to the merger.

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just like last season, the finales always feel a little too cheesy. (Way too many speeches) I think part of it is that the show knows/feels it needs to go big for the finale, but at the same time the budget ain't there so...

That said, the light sword was dope as hell, as well as the final montage. And yea, the final scene definitely screams "Yea this in case we get cancelled" with how open ended it is.

Overall, yet another good season.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Dang. What an episode. I loved it and it surpassed my expectations. I'm going to be really bummed if they cancel it.

I did have a few questions about the closing montage, though:

What was the favor that Tandy asked Brigid for? The new case file/details about the girls in the beach?

What was the significance of the priest receiving the Andre record?

Did Tandy's Mom end up going to rehab or something?

Connors was dead when Brigid put him on display, right? Just confirming since he died a few episodes back but didn't look all the bad in this scene (from the brief glimpse I got, anyways).

OP
OP
TheGreatDirector
Oct 26, 2017
Dang. What an episode. I loved it and it surpassed my expectations. I'm going to be really bummed if they cancel it.

I did have a few questions about the closing montage, though:

What was the favor that Tandy asked Brigid for? The new case file/details about the girls in the beach?

What was the significance of the priest receiving the Andre record?

Did Tandy's Mom end up going to rehab or something?

Connors was dead when Brigid put him on display, right? Just confirming since he died a few episodes back but didn't look all the bad in this scene (from the brief glimpse I got, anyways).
Connors is dead. Tyrone's mom killed him. I'm not sure what Tandy asked Brigid though. It could be that info like you said.

I think the record basically was just a record Andre had when he was still a musician. It's just symbolic throwing him in the trash.

TheNatureBoy

Nov 4, 2017
I thought that was a good finale, with the pair battling their demons before they could defeat Andre. The tag-team move they pulled with the light sword was pretty sweet. Have to salute the actor who played Andre, he was really good and the whole trumpet music as a weapon fit in with the New Orleans setting.

The two leads really do have great chemistry and you buy them as close friends who would have each others backs. One of the show's strengths is the focus on the pair and developing their relationship, while other superhero shows have to service or choose to service a bunch of characters.

I would have liked a scene with Evita/Tyrone talking about the sacrifice she made and having to marry the underworld guy instead of the mostly silence between them.

Definitely felt like they were bringing resolution, while leaving things open for a new journey with the bus scene. I hope they come back for another season.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
I would have liked a scene with Evita/Tyrone talking about the sacrifice she made and having to marry the underworld guy instead of the mostly silence between them.

Agreed. Evita is a great character so I hope we get a deeper insight into her sacrifice and I hope we get a bit more resolution between her and Ty. Their relationship continues to be fascinating even if it's not romantic.

I'm also wondering what they are truly planning by having Tandy and Ty potentially leave town. This show had a strong cast, so it would be sad if Brigid, Evita, and the parents no longer had big roles on the show.

Again - really hope we actually get a season 3.

Vee

Oct 27, 2017
Man this is by far my favorite current marvel show, on the netflix shows i pretty much dropped anything after luke cage s1 cuz the 13 episode format just felt too long, im halfway through daredevil S3 but i feel like i make myself watch it and im not really enjoying it, I watched S1 of runaways and just have no motivation to watch S2. And i havent attempted AoS or agent carter but i hear great things about them especially AoS

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
I've been meaning to check this out, but Marvel's track record on TV has been mostly poor

In regards to the acting, writing, and production values, how does this compare to the Netflix material?

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
And i havent attempted AoS

Ooh fix that

In regards to the acting, writing, and production values, how does this compare to the Netflix material?

Acting-wise it is quite solid, especially the two leads, who are certainly better than Iron Fist and Luke Cage at any rate.

Writing-wise, also solid with it at times feeling exceptional. It can be very... talky at times, where the dialogue between two characters can feel quite heavy handed, but I've grown quickly used to it. Partly because the show is an intentional slow burn, but unlike the Netflix shows where eventually it feels like its spinning its wheels and could've ended awhile ago, C&D uses each episode to dive deeper into its characters. I had very little expectations for this show given the network its on, but the writing is clearly doing something right given how invested I am in the cast.

Production values is definitely its weakest point, at least in terms of showing off anything relating to superpowers. Probably the coolest and most consistent thing is Cloak's abilities. Then again, I'm struggling to remember anything that particularly wowed me in the Netflix shows that wasn't martial arts, so they're honestly about equal in that regard I think.

At any rate, the setting of New Orleans however is where it shines most, as it certainly stands out compared to the Netflix shows that are all based in New York.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Ooh fix that

Acting-wise it is quite solid, especially the two leads, who are certainly better than Iron Fist and Luke Cage at any rate.

Writing-wise, also solid with it at times feeling exceptional. It can be very... talky at times, where the dialogue between two characters can feel quite heavy handed, but I've grown quickly used to it. Partly because the show is an intentional slow burn, but unlike the Netflix shows where eventually it feels like its spinning its wheels and could've ended awhile ago, C&D uses each episode to dive deeper into its characters. I had very little expectations for this show given the network its on, but the writing is clearly doing something right given how invested I am in the cast.

Production values is definitely its weakest point, at least in terms of showing off anything relating to superpowers. Probably the coolest and most consistent thing is Cloak's abilities. Then again, I'm struggling to remember anything that particularly wowed me in the Netflix shows that wasn't martial arts, so they're honestly about equal in that regard I think.

At any rate, the setting of New Orleans however is where it shines most, as it certainly stands out compared to the Netflix shows that are all based in New York.
Thanks for the write up! I'll definitely give it a shot soon

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Satisfying finale. Andre was a unique villian, like the Marvel version of Pied Piper. They did a good job of wrapping up all the S1 and S2 arcs just in case it gets cancelled.

milamber182

Dec 15, 2017
Australia
Man this is by far my favorite current marvel show, on the netflix shows i pretty much dropped anything after luke cage s1 cuz the 13 episode format just felt too long, im halfway through daredevil S3 but i feel like i make myself watch it and im not really enjoying it, I watched S1 of runaways and just have no motivation to watch S2. And i havent attempted AoS or agent carter but i hear great things about them especially AoS

Watch AOS. Starts off pretty meh but near the end of S1 (Winter Soldier tie-in) it gets good and every season builds upon the character work and mythology from the previous seasons. Has some good action as well.

Oct 25, 2017
This is quickly becoming one of my favorite Marvel shows. Like this might straight up be second to AoS for me now. The character writing is so much better here then almost every other Marvel show. Like it's not exactly a fast show, but what it does with it's characters is so much more interesting then stuff on the Netflix side.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
Good to hear it's satisfying season I'm still on episode 2

Will catch up since most shows are now in summer break

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Great season finale - they really made me care about those characters which i didnt expect. Now im gonna be disappointed if they dont continue the show.

How are the shows rating - are there any rumbles about a cancellation or continuation ? Here i watch it on VoD as part of my Amazon Prime sub.