• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TheMadTitan

Oct 27, 2017
I don't remember this scene at all. I remember the underneath the Highwind part, but my mind is completely blank on what happens after that before running down into the crater to fuck shit up.

But ehh, keep it in the remakes.

Sephiroth

Oct 26, 2017
User Banned (2 Weeks): Inappropriate Joke
They didn't have sex. Cloud is too much of a dumb incel.

Aerith is worth putting a hole in though.

skeezx

Oct 27, 2017

robert-de-niro-you.gif

hikarutilmitt

Dec 16, 2017
Of course they had sex and to deny it is denying what's explicitly said in game. Why do you think the next time Barret sees Cloud he says and I quote:

"Yeh Cloud, I like the way you thrust."
My head cannon is cowgirl and I that's it. Cloud ain't gonna take control of the situation, even after he got out of the lifestream and unscrewed his head.

signal

Oct 28, 2017
"According to Twitter, January 20th is officially the day that Cloud and Tifa...spent an iconic moment together"

Now that's what I call a source. Why January 20th?

lvl 99 Pixel

Oct 25, 2017
Definitely didn't think they fucked when I first played it. I think I just wanted to go fight Sephiroth in his stupid crater lounge.

mute

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward to the Achievement/Trophy popping up right when it happens.

War95

Banned
Feb 17, 2021
We probably won't know the context until it comes out, but I do hope it's done tastefully and not something fetishy or violent.

It's with the lady that turns into Garuda, right? We dont' know if she's a straight-up villain but they will end up enemies at some point.
Looks like its the Odin guy and Garuda girl having fun on bed and not our protag

OP
OP
SOLDIER

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Looks like its the Odin guy and Garuda girl having fun on bed and not our protag

Upon closer inspection, it's a little hard to make out but yeah it could be.

That's kind of disappointing, honestly, only because it kind of reinforces the unspoken bias that Japanese devs don't like to confirm their protagonists having sex, or even relationships.

I'm making assumptions, obviously, but this feels like a way for them to get out of it by saying "They're villains, so it's fine."

Bengraven

Oct 26, 2017
Florida
When I played the game, I always felt like Aerith was a little sister and Tifa was the romantic interest. It was so weird to me later when I went online and found that people were debating who Cloud's true love was.

Last edited:

ED Cantu

Oct 28, 2017
They should go for their original idea with the chocobo stable this time for the the remake haha.

Upon closer inspection, it's a little hard to make out but yeah it could be.

That's kind of disappointing, honestly, only because it kind of reinforces the unspoken bias that Japanese devs don't like to confirm their protagonists having sex, or even relationships.

I'm making assumptions, obviously, but this feels like a way for them to get out of it by saying "They're villains, so it's fine."
I wouldn't count Clive out yet, just because the trailers have shown Benedikta and Barnabas in those situations doesn't mean they will be the only ones, I mean we know there are brothels in the game per ESRB's rating, and there's Jill too I guess.

Also taking into account that the story will follow the protagonist to his 30's I think there's a bigger possibility of it happening, some people have even theorized that he may have a kid before the game ends or something.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017

aMxzX3V_700bwp.webp

And no, they didn't smash, if they did, we'd have some hints in Advent Children.

Maybe it was the OG plan, but in the end all that matters is what we got, which is a tame and wholesome scene.

Ferrio

Oct 25, 2017
If they do it, it'll be like FFX's scene. Implied and better handled than the original.

aloner

Jun 30, 2021
Australia
If we go by lion pride logic they are cousins.

Edit: no wait they are siblings
Nala is canonically the daughter of Sarafina and a lion who either died or left the Pridelands, not Mufasa or Scar. They are not related, earlier drafts had her as Sarabi's sister but they removed it because of the incest implication. So they aren't cousins or siblings but they probably could have been a bit clearer

Last edited:

Kain

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The real question is: will they include the part in the temple of the ancients where Cloud beats the ever shit of Aeris?

Jetsun Mila

Apr 7, 2021
This kinda confuses me because I played the original 5 years ago on PS3 and don't remember the scene, but I do remember the scene where they leave the barn while checking around, the scene that is supposedly completely cut. That is a very strong false memory I have there with Tifa sticking her head out and checking around, it's actually fairly vivid. It could also be that I saw some YouTube video that basically reenacted that scene on that game engine, if that exists, but man am I confused right now

OP
OP
SOLDIER

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
What is it with FF characters fucking while others watch?

Don't forget Dr Sid (The Spirits Within).

Though that one implies he overheard them.

One would assume Cecil and Rosa had privacy, but that's a really small castle, so...

This kinda confuses me because I played the original 5 years ago on PS3 and don't remember the scene, but I do remember the scene where they leave the barn while checking around, the scene that is supposedly completely cut. That is a very strong false memory I have there with Tifa sticking her head out and checking around, it's actually fairly vivid. It could also be that I saw some YouTube video that basically reenacted that scene on that game engine, if that exists, but man am I confused right now

What do we call the Mandela/Bernstein effect in FFVII's world?

Oh wait I know, the Spot Effect!

It wouldn't surprise me if someone recreated the original "awkwardly walking out of the Chocobo Stable" idea, but the ironic thing is that this pitch is actually less risque than the one we got, considering the concept of them going at it outdoors for everyone to see.

I don't see them going back to the Stable idea in Remake, though, as the original scene is too iconic at this point. You can easily see them just using the shot of the Highwind floating above being used as a trailer shot for Part 3.

OP
OP
SOLDIER

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
living in sin in the Highwind.

i hope in the remake they get married first

Dante doesn't know what sex is.

Cloud doesn't know what marriage is.

Ryu doesn't know what childbirth is.

Goku, shockingly, knows all three. But he doesn't know what kissing is.