• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

fanboi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Found this on reddit.

Go to 18:20 in both movies, press play.

Chills.

There is a power surge and clover scream right when the Shepherd accelerator failed (or a couple of seconds after it failed).

BLEEN

Oct 27, 2017
Is Cloverfield Paradox worth it? I loved Cloverfield and 10 Cloverfield Lane.
Starts off great, meanders off a bit towards the middle. I wouldn't call it a bad movie but it is def. the worst of the three so far. I'm cool with it. If you like the other two, I'm sure you'll go for this.

BobbeMalle

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
Alright, i guess my gut was right then.
I would love a sequel to 10 Lane, that switcheroo at the end was mindblowing

luca

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'll repeat what the others have said. I enjoy the Clover universe and really liked Paradox.

Oct 27, 2017
Starts off great, meanders off a bit towards the middle. I wouldn't call it a bad movie but it is def. the worst of the three so far. I'm cool with it. If you like the other two, I'm sure you'll go for this.
D-Did you see the Netflix one? That was fucking trash. So much so that it seems JJ gave up on slapping the Cloverfield tag on movies that have nothing to do with each other ie Overlord which was gonna be Clover verse but then that tag is now tainted so it was stripped off.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
D-Did you see the Netflix one? That was fucking trash. So much so that it seems JJ gave up on slapping the Cloverfield tag on movies that have nothing to do with each other ie Overlord which was gonna be Clover verse but then that tag is now tainted so it was stripped off.
Receipts? It was only ever speculated by fans that Overloard was in the Cloververse, due to it being a semi-secretive Bad Robot production with sci-fi elements.

While most people seem to agree Paradox was bad, the general consensus seemed to be that it didn't do any damage to the series due to its nature as a Netflix release and the fun/excitement of the whole "It's out now!" thing.

Oct 27, 2017
Receipts? It was only ever speculated by fans that Overloard was in the Cloververse, due to it being a semi-secretive Bad Robot production with sci-fi elements.

While most people seem to agree Paradox was bad, the general consensus seemed to be that it didn't do any damage to the series due to its nature as a Netflix release and the fun/excitement of the whole "It's out now!" thing.
My comment was really just directed at the person I replied too who said 10 CL was the worst of the 3. I mean in what dimension.

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah no. I would indeed call it a bad movie and I want my time back.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
I see what you're trying to do OP, but there's no way you're going to get me to watch The Cloverfield Paradox again.

Eddie

Banned
Jun 3, 2018
As bad as some of the stuff on the ship was, the cheap tacked on pile of shart on land was so cringe.

F*ck Paradox. Can't believe that was at one point coming to theater, made for tv through out .

HP_Wuvcraft

Oct 26, 2017
South of San Francisco

I'm no fan of the series but I'm glad that C4 is gonna be a proper sequel.

Deleted member 2254

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, cool find. As for people looking for opinions, I also think the third one is the weakest of the bunch, but because the other two are excellent movies, the third one is just a good mindless sci-fi flick. The Cloverfield universe for now is definitely sparse and confusing, but Abrams is supposedly working on an actual follow-up to the first movie, so I guess the universe will finally get some answers, or at least continuation, heh.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I fell asleep several times watching Paradox. And I'm not normally someone that happens to. I found it incredibly boring.

Capra

Oct 25, 2017
Paradox is a so-so movie with some decent ideas marred by terrible execution and shoehorned connections to the other movies. As someone who maintains a nostalgic fondness for the original and its ARG I can safely say it's one of the most disappointing movies I've ever seen.