• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
My prized possession (not actual photo):

5431124015_3909887181_o.jpg

I know the rewards got worse and worse as the years went on, but it was still cool to get some freebies. My son currently has some of these pins on his preschool backpack (which I received 2 years before he was born):

clubnintendo71.jpg

What were some of your favorite Club Nintendo rewards?

mjc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The posters were actually really decent quality. I can't link right now, but the Zelda ones were tops.

TheDanimal

победитель победитель куриный ужин
Oct 25, 2017
Getting OSTs and free games made Club Nintendo so amazing.

Cymbal Head

Oct 25, 2017
The proto-amiibo statue with all the Mario characters was great. It came in a box that was designed to look like a ? block.

Gradon

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
UK
It's really sad that we thought My Nintendo would be better... It's offerings have been really disappointing.

Illusion

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
When they announced a new club Nintendo I was so excited, then it turned out to be so much worse then the original that I cried.

Nintendo why create such a terrible rewards program that is in no way rewarding?

Coricus

Oct 25, 2017
I never bought enough games at the time to be able to get any of the big or yearly prizes aside from a cardboard calendar one year (I made sure to actually use it! That's kind of rare with calendars for me), but I have a T-Shirt that I rushed to cash in my points for at the end. I'm still refusing to wear it.

Involution

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I miss club Nintendo. The Japan store was way cooler but it was still nice to get free stuff for buying games.

It's really sad that we thought My Nintendo would be better... It's offerings have been really disappointing.

Really? I saw the downgrade from a mile away. Not like it can't get better from here but what we have now is actually exactly what I expected.

Oct 27, 2017
Supposedly they stopped offering physical rewards in NA because it was cost prohibitive, Japan still get's physical rewards though. To be honest I wouldn't mind paying a small fee to have access to the type of exclusive merch Club Nintendo offered.

It seems that they're barely even trying in NA now. The recent SNES Classic release came with a card for mynintendo points in Europe, in NA they didn't even bother. And where are the points for the new Switch bundle I just bought? They're not even trying.

orthodoxy1095

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The game card case I got is one of the most handy things I've ever gotten from a "Club" system. Nothing in the new system has come remotely close to as useful or nice.
Supposedly they stopped offering physical rewards in NA because it was cost prohibitive, Japan still get's physical rewards. To be honest though I wouldn't mind paying a small fee to have access to the type of exclusive merch Club Nintendo offered.

It seems that they're barely even trying in NA now. The recent SNES Classic release came with a card for mynintendo points in Europe, in NA they didn't even bother. And where are the points for the new Switch bundle I jusf bought? They're not even trying.
Yeah I'd be willing to fork over for shipping, or some kind of light fee if that was needed I suppose.

RampagingSoul

Oct 25, 2017
I never got anything too huge like the Mario and the Luigi's Mansion statues since I came into the program later than most people, but I enjoyed the posters I got and some of the OST promotions for stuff like Majora's Mask and Smash Bros. The 3DS Game Case was great too. I still use the 3DS pouch I got through Club Nintendo as well.

ghibli99

Oct 27, 2017
We're in the middle of a move, and I ran into my posters, 3DS cradle, game card holders, calendars, etc. Loved the physical rewards, even though I remember endless complaining elsewhere that we didn't get stuff that was as cool as Japan. It's like complaining about free beer. And now we get... I don't even know what we get besides digital stuff.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I really liked the playing cards I got from them. At the time I was collecting all sorts of video game playing cards and those were fun.

eKongDiddy

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Beach City
I had the Mario playing cards and the Mario Japanese flag (can't think of the name of it). They were pretty cool! Sisters were playing with the flag and ripped it. Cards got lost in the move.

FoXR

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Chile
I once tried to bring one of the things to Chile via those PO Boxes you get and whatever and the stupid post office was super crappy (as they are) and never got my Majora's Mask CD. Hope it broke the computer of whoever ended up taking it.

Digital games were cool though, got DKC Tropical Freeze on the last batch of stuff so eh... *shrug*

Kusanda

Oct 25, 2017
I loved being able to get soundtrack CDs. If they aren't willing to give this kind of stuff away for free anymore, they should sell it at the very least.

Deleted member 19218

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My favourite is a yellow cardboard coin box with a diorama inside of Mario characters.

It required a lot of points and is quite possibly one of the best things we ever got in Europe.

Edit: Here us a Google image of it.

s-l300.jpg

BocoDragon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I got this. Never got the second one though.

i_17104.jpg

I also got this (to match my gold Skyward Sword wiimote).
large-2.jpg

Oct 27, 2017
I got into the Club Nintendo game late, but I redeemed a couple of 3DS game cases as well as some digital games. Pretty dope imo.

Shig

Oct 30, 2017
Kickin' myself for not getting any of those card cases.

I got the black Wiimote holder, the red and blue Mario reversible felt pouches, and the Majora's Mask OST.

Deleted member 10293

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It was a great concept but I was too much of an idiot to actually track any of the stuff I was buying so I missed out on a lot. Wish there was something similar

Common Knowledge

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly forget that My Nintendo is even a thing most of the time. Haven't logged into my account in months. I remember when it first came out and the offerings were pretty slim, people kept saying things like, "just wait till their next system comes out, then they'll really fully realize the potential of it!" Well...

-shadow-

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The Super Nintendo controller was amazing, though I guess the novelty of that one now is gone. The Luigi Diorama looked terrific and the soundtracks were amazing. I also still have the three: Xenoblade, The Last Story and Pandora's Tower coins. Which are amazing!

Oct 27, 2017
I got both Game and Watch DS game collections. I treasure them, even though I think I've put a total of 10 minutes of playtime on both, heheh.

Kovacs

Oct 27, 2017
The American one always seemed to have better still, but the UK one could come out with some nice rewards. I've got a 3DS multi-game place that I still use. Multiple notepads (favourite being a New Leaf 3D embossed one). An Animal Crossing CD Soundtrack, a few Gameboy games for 3DS.

The new one is just so bad. 14 gold points for a full physical retail release. Yet rewards include 40% off a game on a dead console to take it to a price that's still higher than physical for 'only' 60 points or 20 points for a 3DS theme. It's disappointing all round.

HylianTom

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans
As the end of Club Nintendo neared, I found myself with a surplus of coins and decided to stock-up on 3DSXL pouches, given how useful they can be. Really glad that I did, and I miss Club Nintendo badly..

nintendo_ds_carrying_pouch_thumb.jpg

Axisofweevils

Oct 25, 2017
Yep. I'm proud to own the gold Twilight Princess statue featuring Link on horseback, which took years to save up for. Not my link, but it looks like this: https://niraven.deviantart.com/art/Twilight-Princess-Gold-Statue-107055876

Funny story about that. It arrived with a broken sword. I asked for a replacement and got one weeks later. Then, I got an email saying they couldn't give me the replacement so they refunded me all the points. I contacted them and they said I could keep the points for being so honest.

Oct 27, 2017
The new one is just so bad. 14 gold points for a full physical retail release. Yet rewards include 40% off a game on a dead console to take it to a price that's still higher than physical for 'only' 60 points or 20 points for a 3DS theme. It's disappointing all round.

I still haven't bothered to really log in to check out the "rewards." I thought it was supposed to be even better than what we had before, but maybe I was imagining that. I miss the cool exclusive games.

As the end of Club Nintendo neared, I found myself with a surplus of coins and decided to stock-up on 3DSXL pouches, given how useful they can be. Really glad that I did, and I miss Club Nintendo badly..

nintendo_ds_carrying_pouch_thumb.jpg

I loveeee these. Got two of them, still store my 3DS in there.

OP
OP
ElectricBlanketFire

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Also, while I got this and it was cool, this had to have been cut content from the full game, correct?

gfs_127284_2_3.jpg

Lumpy Onion

User banned at own request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The posters were of nice quality. I remember getting freaked out in the middle of the night when I suddenly realized the Luigi Mansion one was glow in the dark.

Oct 27, 2017
The only rewards I've redeemed on My Nintendo have been wallpapers, which is something that I could get just as easily for free via a google search. Just goes to show you how useless My Nintendo has been.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't get any of the best stuff, but back when Smash 4 released I got the OST selection.

R-6732542-1426026511-5592.jpeg.jpg

A pretty good selection with lots of tracks. I love the Xenoblade medley.

KingDrool

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, the rewards were fanatic. It's a shame that MyNintendo doesn't come close.

My favorite reward was the Game & Watch, Buy yhe diorama and the hanafuda cards were great, too.

Huggy

Oct 25, 2017
I miss the old Club Nintendo. I still remember gettinf a cool Mario and Pals statue for the Platinum reward one year, plus getting those 3ds 18 card cases, 3ds carry bags, etc. The program they have no is the extremely disappointing compared to what Club. Used to be, like reallly bad.