• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DJMicLuv

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I only got a couple of things. The Mario Galaxy Platinum soundtrack, the SNES Wii controller, a couple of fans (Animal Crossing iirc) and I think that was my lot. There were some lovely bit and pieces though, the Mario diorama being one of my faves that I would have liked but never saved up the points for.

OP
OP
ElectricBlanketFire

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
I only got a couple of things. The Mario Galaxy Platinum soundtrack, the SNES Wii controller, a couple of fans (Animal Crossing iirc) and I think that was my lot. There were some lovely bit and pieces though, the Mario diorama being one of my faves that I would have liked but never saved up the points for.

I traded the Galaxy OST for $20 in eShop credit. Used it to buy Thumper.

#noragrats

Deleted member 6215

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I framed my Zelda posters, they were awesome.

poster.jpg

Last edited:

DJMicLuv

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Those little Mario Kart trophies are lovely too. I don't have any and never will at the going rate but they're really nice little objects.

I traded the Galaxy OST for $20 in eShop credit. Used it to buy Thumper.

#noragrats

Mine ended up on Ebay. The only Nintendo thing I ever sold on Ebay and really regretted though was a still sealed Luigi's Mansion figure. It was a beauty but I was skint so I sold it. I'd picked it up cheap originally anyway but it was a really nice thing to have for a game I really liked.

Antony

Oct 25, 2017
PlayStation Home
Game & Watch Ball was hands down the best thing I got from Club Nintendo, it's amazingly well made and I'll never part with it.
Other cool things I got were the Mario Statue, Luigi's Mansion Statue, Smash soundtrack CD and the Goodbye Coin. Would've been able to grab more if I hadn't wasted so many stars on Wii points :(

I honestly forget that My Nintendo is even a thing most of the time. Haven't logged into my account in months. I remember when it first came out and the offerings were pretty slim, people kept saying things like, "just wait till their next system comes out, then they'll really fully realize the potential of it!" Well...
I was constantly staying stuff like that. I'm sorry.

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if Nintendo will try for this again. In the end with the combination of a lackluster era for Nintendo profits they obviously could't keep up with the sort of essentially free manufacturing and shipping operations of Club Nintendo anywhere, especially in the US. But with a new reinvigorated Nintendo with the Switch, I wonder when they'll reintroduce widespread product rewards for MyNintendo, not just in Japan.

munancho

Banned for suspected use of alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The universal remote that looked like a Wii controller was exceptionally dope:

Drensch

Oct 27, 2017
I have a bunch of this stuff. Have paid though the butt to get a lot of it framed:
wgmXZSp.jpg

uHuSTqb.jpg

nhZjL5f.jpg

pmyoz3F.jpg

hMpyXcn.jpg

oENsiMg.jpg

mBrqasJ.jpg

eRT6dpD.jpg

nVDGMmA.jpg

x5lsB32.jpg

1JXxtdY.jpg

UCzi34L.jpg

Yarbskoo

Oct 27, 2017
The physical rewards were the best because they were often things that someone might want to pay real money for.

I still have that Mario statue thing.
jkmIXH3.jpg

Risible

Oct 25, 2017
The pouches and the DS/3DS cases are amazing. Since Club Nintendo was at the height of my Nintendo buying period (I had three young kids at the time and bought handheld systems for each plus myself) I had tons of coins to spend. I have something like 6 of the cases and two of the pouches, plus the sweet statue and other goodies. Just an awesome thing from Nintendo and I miss it :(.

Asterix

Oct 27, 2017
Ohio
I was able to get the Zelda MM puzzle and OST. Still have them sealed. I really miss Club Nintendo and the awesome physical rewards!

630x.jpg

Zelda-Majoras-Mask-Soundtrack-Club-Nintendo-NEW-SEALED.jpg

Deleted member 2340

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I see this thread and I see how cool Club Nintendo was so I go to check my Nintendo rewards and holy crap it pales in comparison.

I have 360 Platinum and 304 Gold coins and there's nothing there for me to use it on. The 30% off coupons are for games I wouldn't played at all. I start losing coins starting late next month. Why the hell are they taking away points? Sigh... I'm always to the party late.

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
I wonder if Nintendo will try for this again. In the end with the combination of a lackluster era for Nintendo profits they obviously could't keep up with the sort of essentially free manufacturing and shipping operations of Club Nintendo anywhere, especially in the US. But with a new reinvigorated Nintendo with the Switch, I wonder when they'll reintroduce widespread product rewards for MyNintendo, not just in Japan.

Unfortunately when you get rid of rewards programs and the penny pinchers see the savings, it is hard to bring back. I doubt there will be anything like it. Now we have the privilege of buying cool things like smartphone cases for 3218 yen instead of getting them for consumer loyalty.

ZugZug123

Oct 27, 2017
I hit platinum level on the year they gave the Mario & team figurine. The box it came in is a ? block. So cool to pose it on top of the box.

Edit: this post made me check My Nintendo. they have a sweepstakes, just make sure you are logged into your My Nintendo account and go vote on your fave Nintendo stuff for the holidays, up to 5 picks. The prize packs look really good.

https://happyholidays.nintendo.com/holiday-sweepstakes/

Last edited:

pulga

Banned for alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Now I'm sad because I don't remember where my Mario and co. statue is :(

Russian-Agent

Oct 31, 2017
Under the current system the best I can get with my points is to get a 50% discount off link to the past virtual console on wii U.

Nintendo pls.

Goodbye

Oct 27, 2017
I have the Luigi's Mansion diorama, Mario+Friends statue and some towels.

Most fond of the coins though.

Wii RPG coins
A4RO5-VCYAA5HI4.jpg

And of course the farewel coin
2932585-cn.png

(images from the internet)

Phife Dawg

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, was sooo much better back then. I don't even check my points nowadays.

My favourite is a yellow cardboard coin box with a diorama inside of Mario characters.

It required a lot of points and is quite possibly one of the best things we ever got in Europe.

Edit: Here us a Google image of it.

s-l300.jpg
Yeah got that one too, it's cool. I also got the Captain Toad figurine with the light, super kawaii, lol.

ranmafan

Oct 27, 2017
The old club Nintendo was amazing! Loved getting so many great things off of the Japanese one, like the hanafuda cards, the old clear puzzle game, one of the advance wars games, a fantastic year of Luigi puzzle plus 3ds pouch, and a calendar every year. Plus a ton of other goodies over the years. The current rewards program is a joke and an insult in comparison. It's all just discount coupons which are useless to me. I want real awards again. Wish they hadn't stopped that program. Was so much fun while it lasted.

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately when you get rid of rewards programs and the penny pinchers see the savings, it is hard to bring back. I doubt there will be anything like it. Now we have the privilege of buying cool things like smartphone cases for 3218 yen instead of getting them for consumer loyalty.
I mean right now people in Japan can get the cool Marketing posters they used for Breath of the Wild for only 300 Platinum points, I'd take that.

https://my.nintendo.com/rewards/c2cfb33fdda84adc

d945b20f51952146

711c133229423897

b7983c6ffc621cea

Flevance

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, was really good days.. I've only got digital games tho and two of them were Yoshi's Island and Kid Icarus, I probably wouldn't have try them if haven't got this chance.. my favorite prize would be Kid Icarus or Pikmin 3 (picked it out of four optional games for buying MK8).. was really good days, such a shame

Barn

Oct 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Cool as some of this stuff is, I'm not really one for physical collectibles. But I was really happy to get a solid handful of free classic and digital games every single year just for buying Nintendo shit I would've bought anyway.

Sure would be neat for that to happen again.

KtSlime

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo

Bakuryu

Oct 29, 2017
Surprsed I'd managed to scrape together enough points to get some Mario Kart 8 pins before it shut down.

pN0Bs5g.jpg

zAsp2aw.jpg

pN0Bs5g

zAsp2aw

Dingens

Circumventing ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I got so much stuff from them, it still surprises me.
not including the free games I got:
- Mushroom Cup Trophy
- Lightning Cup Trophy
- Project Rainfall Coins
- Year of Luigi Coin
- Game and Watch collection 1 (DS)
- Game and Watch Ball
- Good Bye Soundtrack
- Animal Crossing Pouch
- Maro Calendar (2014)
- 2 ds/3ds game cart cases

maybe more, I can't remember

Theswweet

RPG Site
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
California
Wondering if it's worth using a courier to get those BotW posters... does the My Nintendo store even accept foreign cards, or does it block them?

Molystem

Oct 25, 2017
They were okay. Felt like the good ones required buying an insane amount of games. The highest reward I ever got was a Peach blanket, which didn't feel that comfortable.

Bate

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
The rewards programm ist so lackluster these days. The switch section is under construction for an eternity. How hard can it be? At the very least, give out some free digital stuff like the Nintendo Arcade games or some sweet discounts on the bigger titles. But since none of that stuff is happening, I only notice the club when my points expire which is a stupid thing in itself because why must the points expire in the first place. What sane reason can be behind that process?

DiscoPizza

Oct 25, 2017
I got the playing cards, a few posters that got a little water damage on the side because the mailman left the poster roll out in the rain, and DK Tropical Freeze. I ended up using the last of my gold coins a couple of months ago on a lousy discount on Castlevania 1 and 3 for 3ds Virtual Console. Saved like $2 at most. Big whoop.

Oct 25, 2017
The 3DS reversible pouches and games cases are SO useful.

I somehow lost the first sleeve and had to order another.
The case was awesome to store 18 games; I seriously regret not getting another.

ryushe

Oct 27, 2017
Due to me buying so many Nintendo games, I got quite a bit during the latter years of Club Nintendo. Some good, most not so good but all were better than whatever they're offering now.

Scrooge

Oct 25, 2017

Sadly, it looks like you were spot on with this comment.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Yup miss it too.
I got four of those Mario Kart trophies, SSB/ALBW/OOT soundtracks, Club Nintendo coin/Layton luggage tag/Club Nintendo 16 case being the more immediate things to come to mind.