• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
yazpkeymnzmu.png

A murder has been committed in the Tudor Manor, and you're now one of the prime suspects! In order to solve this "Whodunnit?" mystery, you and the 13 other suspects have been locked in the mansion so that nobody can escape. Now you must figure out who the perpetrators are before they kill everyone else!

The suspects:
  1. girlofgotham [f] (NEW)
  2. Alexem [m] (NEW)
  3. Sawneeks [f]
  4. Muffin [m]
  5. Fran [m]
  6. Zookfoodle [m]
  7. Fat4all replaced by Dr. Monkey [f]
  8. Grizzly [m] replaced by Blargonaut
The deceased:
  1. Alfred Izuruha [-] - Vanilla Townie (Lynched D1)
  2. Terraforce - Town Doctor. (Killed N1)
  3. Devastatingly Strange [-] (NEW) - Vanilla Townie (Lynched D2)
  4. The Wizard [m] (NEW) - Vanilla Townie (Killed N2)
  5. Lone_Prodigy [m] - Vanilla Townie (Lynched D4)
  6. Rats [m] - Vanilla Townie (Killed D4)

Sample Role PM:
You are the Singing Telegram Girl, the sample role PM.

You are aligned with the town, and have no special powers.

You may vote during the day phase on who you think is a member of the Mafia.

You win when all threats to the town are eliminated.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Android Sophia

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Fundamental
1. All site-wide rules are also applicable here. Please do not tarnish this community.
2. Unless your Role PM explicitly allows you to do otherwise, discussion about this game is strictly confined to this thread.
3. Unless your role PM explicitly allows you to do otherwise, do not quote or posts screen-shots of any PMs or posts that were not made in this thread. Obviously this is a grey area, but please try and play sportingly.
4. Within reason, you are allowed to lie about any game material or game-related conversations that could conceivably have appeared outside this thread [such as the content of role PMs or private chats allowed by a role]. If unsure whether a lie is reasonable, please ask the game-runner.
5. Do not refer or discuss to player activity in other forum threads or life in general beyond the game.
6. The player list includes the preferred personal pronoun of each player. Please try to use the correct pronoun.
7. Please be nice to your fellow players. Mafia can be a tense experience, and occasionally aggressive play is useful, but remember this is game and that everyone should have fun.

Activity and Deadlines
8. Treat this game as a commitment. Remember that other players' fun is dependent on your participation; this game only works if you remain reasonably active.
9. If you do not post in this thread at least ten posts per Day Phase period without prior permission, you will be sent a PM requesting you respond immediately (a "prod"). If you do not respond to a prod by the end of the following Night Phase, you will be replaced.
10. If you need an extended period of absence for some other issues in life, please notify the game-runner by PM in advance. Leave of up to one Day and Night Phase (seven days) is possible.
11. If you expect to be unable to post for a period of 7 days, please notify the game-runner by PM so that you can be replaced in good time - we're sad to see you go, but other players need to be able to continue to play.
12. If a Phase ends and the game-runner has not received an action PM from a player with a relevant action, then that Phase will end with that that player making no action.
13. In the event of a day ending with no player having a plurality of the votes, then the game will proceed to the next night phase with nobody lynched ("no-lynch").
14. If a replacement is needed, they may PM the game-runner once to request the Night Phase in which they join is extended by up to 2 days, to allow catch-up time.
15. Game-runners may change the length of Phases at their discretion. However, they will inform players at the start of the equivalent Phase before (i.e., if Day 7 is set to be shortened, players will be no later than the start of Day 6).

Voting, Lynching, and Death
16. For your vote to count, it must be presented in the following format: VOTE: playername, via use of the red colour fonts (third red from the top, second column) and the bold tag, or the highlight tag (when it is made available). It must also be in an entirely separate line from any other text.
17. To remove a vote from a player, you must present in the following format: UNVOTE: playername, via use of the red colour fonts (third red from the top, second column) or the highlight tag (when it is made available). It must also be in an entirely separate line from any other text. It is not necessary to unvote before casting new vote for a different player; unvoting is simply to remove a vote without casting a new one.
18. Players may use VOTE: No Lynch to end the Day Phase without a lynch ("No Lynch"). It must also be in an entirely separate line from any other text.
19. Misspelt votes will be accepted within reason; if the game-runner is unsure they will notify you and in the meanwhile discount the vote. Votes in broken tags will not count.
20. Once someone has received a strict majority (>50%) of the available votes, the day ends with the Lynch of that player or a No Lynch (whichever applies). Once this has happened, any further votes or unvotes that Phase will not be counted, and the Night Phase will begin shortly.
21. Some roles take place between the end of the Day Phase and the start of the Night Phase, so game-runners may allow a short period of time for this "Twilight Phase". Unless your role PM explicitly allows you to do otherwise, do not post during the Twilight Phase.
22. Once you are dead, you are dead: you may no longer discuss the game in ANY manner with ANY of the remaining players. Dead players may PM the game-runner one last message for the other players (a "Will"), which the game-runner will post on their behalf in the thread. The sole condition is that it contains NO game-relevant information, e.g. "Thanks guys for an excellent game!" is allowed, "My partner was John!" is not.

The Dead Thread
23. To allow dead players to freely discuss the game with other dead players, a secret thread will be created.
24. On death, a player can either opt to join the replacement list, or receive a link to the Dead Thread. They may not do both. If a player opted to join the replacement list, they may change their mind, but players who have a link to the Dead Thread cannot act as replacements.
25. The Dead Thread will also be made available to non-players, provided they have played in at least one GAF mafia game before in which they did not go inactive. These non-players will also be disbarred from the replacement list.

Other
26. Outside of votes and explicit allowances made by role PMs, the use of colors and the highlight tag is strictly the game-runner's prerogative. Do not use it.
27. Do not edit your posts. If you are a repeat offender, a replacement will be sought.
28. Do not use tags to hide extra content in your posts.
29. A list of the votes so far (a "Vote Count") can be requested by contacting any game-runner or game-tutor.
30. Game-runners reserve the right to add, remove, or modify existing any rules at any point, and enforcement may be applied retrospectively. However, all players will be informed of changes, and changes will be consistent across games.
31. In general, do not try and exploit loop-holes in the rules.
32. Completed games are often read by people thinking of signing up in the future. As such, please keep your avatar spoiler free - it should not allude to your role or alignment.
33. I will accept Night Actions up to TWO hours before the Day starts. Missing actions will be decided at Moderator's discretion.
34. You must register at OuterMafia.com to play.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Android Sophia

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Role PMs are out.

Also, if I could get people's preferred genders, that would be great. I realized I didn't get them during signups.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
Me and my sister used to watch the movie a lot when we were kids, but I haven't seen it in years.

RetroMG

Community Resettler
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
In honor of this game starting, we're watching Clue (1985) in the Mafiera Movie Room! The link is in the Discord. The movie should just loop all day, but if it doesn't, let me know, and I'll restart it.

Muffin

Oct 26, 2017
Oh shit this is starting soon

Uhh, forgive me if I don't write so much at the start, the beginning is at 11pm for me and tomorrow is my birthday

OP
OP
Android Sophia

Android Sophia

The Absolute Sword
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Day 1 in the Tudor Mansion, around 4:45 PM.

The fourteen guests stood around the body of the recently deceased Singing Telegram Girl. How did she die? Nobody was quite sure. They went to answer the door, and she started to deliver her singing telegram. Then the sound of a gun went off, and she dropped to the floor. But who fired it? Nobody appeared to have a gun on them. More mysteriously, there didn't appear to be any noticeable wound on her body anywhere. It was as if she had never been shot in the first place.

"Should we go to the police?" asked one of the guests hesitantly, as they looked over the dead body laying on the floor.

Another guest, who had been sitting down in shock from the murder, jumped up from their seat, quickly raising their voice "And ruin our reputation? Heavens no, they would suspect all of us! Our names would be in the papers! We'd be slandered for life!"

"Then I propose that, before we go to the police, we solve this mystery ourselves." came a third voice from the back of the room, "After all. If there is no doubts as to whom the murderer is, then only they would be in the paper, yes?"

The other guests looked around in slight agreement. None of them could afford to be... associated with this any way. So why not just figure it out and let Dr. Black handle it himself?

"If there are no reservations... then I propose we make this a locked room mystery. Nobody goes in or out until this is solved" continued the third voice, firm in their resolution.

Just like that, all of the guests were now locked in the mansion. But tension began to build, as everyone quickly realized that being locked in with each other means they were locked in with at least one murderer. Someone who wanted to get away from them. Someone who wanted to keep their identity a secret. Someone who'd kill every last one of them just to do it.

Day 1 begins.

Majority is 8.

ora_1511042400.png

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
8JCCv2K.png

Good News everyone! I have figured it out!

The Killer was Lone Prodigy! They used Fat4All as the weapon! And it was done in the toilet!

We can go home now!

VOTE: Lone_Prodigy

Alexem

Oct 27, 2017
Essex, UK
So, the telegram girl's dead, we're all locked in and there are killers amongst us. Still, aside from that, I think we can all agree it's been Muffin's best birthday party ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.