• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I like how calling out and questioning the reliability of a person accused of abuse over greed is white knighting or stanning for Marvel/Disney.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
She's no angel herself,i've heard multiple stories over the past few years about Stan lee being directly taken advantage of by his family members.

With that being said however,but i have no doubt about Disney executive's complicity in using these IP's for green and that's it. Its not a black and white either or teamsport.

The idea of defending Disney's extreme monopoly when they get called out by Abigail constantly(a person who actually does deserve to be heard) is pretty pathetic. If you want to talk about the actual creative forces in the company, do that without stanning for the evil entities themselves

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
Disney to Sony: We want 50% of day 1 profits, 45% more than our current contract with you guys
Sony: No
Fans: 'Fuck you Sony', 'Arrogant Sony', 'Let's boycott Sony products' etc etc

---

Stand Lee's Daughter: No one could have treated my father worse the Marvel and Disney execs
Fans: She's a garbage person herself, everyone ignore her

Damn. Don't mess with Disney/Marvel fans.

smarten up Nas

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Stan's daughter is hardly an impartial force here - she's long been accused of basically using her dying father as a meal ticket to spend huge amounts of money because he loved her too much to say no to her, especially after his wife passed away. I would be hesitant to immediately believe that she had Stan's best interests (or wishes) in mind for something like this.
Bold words coming from a woman who financially, physically, and psychologically abused her father.
Exactly. Her opinion means exactly squat in my book.

Kasumin

Nov 19, 2017
I'm not 'propping' up anyone. I simply pointed out how ridiculous fans have responded the last couple of days over the Spiderman thing (everyone jumping on Sony), and on this (everyone jumping on her). It's very simple, look at the behavior and responses. Super defensive, dismissive and attacking.

and that's me out. I have work to do.

Riiiiight. Because you're totally not exiting the thread to save face because you don't want to admit that you were wrong and overreacted.

From what I've read about his daughter, it seems consistent with patterns of abusers. I didn't even know about Keya Morgan apparently being arrested. It seems like there was a lot of people manipulating Stan Lee in his older years. Really, all of this is messy and Stan's daughter making this statement just makes things messier. I don't believe a word she says, and I'm confident in my belief that she's just trying to take advantage of this situation.

Saw people on Twitter believing this bullshit, which just makes me angry.

Coricus

Oct 25, 2017
My GOSH, people, we have hundreds of different things way worse than this to call Disney out about, saying that this one kinda cold thing is probably a lie because the person saying it is throwing stones in a house made of nitroglycerin isn't taking away your ability to rag on a global megacorp for their crimes against humanity.

It's just saying that this -SPECIFIC- crime against humanity might not be a thing because the only person claiming it was an elder abuser that cared so little about her father that even a soulless corporation only in it for the money seems warm by comparison.

Boo hoo, Disney, right? Come on.

Strider_Blaze

Oct 28, 2017
Lancaster, CA
Wait Stan's own daughter abused him? WTF?! She's honestly not one to talk if that's the case. And this is as one that doesn't really consider Disney (or Sony for that matter) to be total saints.

Cuburger

Oct 28, 2017
Unfortunately, despite being Stan's daughter, it's become clear to me that her words come with a huge grain of salt due to her own treatment of her father, especially in his later years and the vultures she surrounded him with.

I would expect her to have her father's best interest in mind but even among the people closest to him at the end, she had as much of an agenda as anyone else it would seem.

The most I can say with certainty from this is that she personally had grievances with Disney, perhaps concerning her father's business or estate or who knows what dealing she would have had directly with them but anything beyond that is hard to say.

It really is unfortunate to doubt someone who just lost her father, but as someone who gave her the benefit of the doubt due to her being family until I read the articles detailing her behavior and relationship with her dad, it became clear to me that she was at best selfish and naive and at worst cruel, opportunistic, and neglectful.

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
Is there any chance this is an idiotic Sony PR Move to try and take some of the (undeserved) heat off?

Or is she that much of an asshole for free?

JamRock7

Banned
Aug 19, 2019
FL
crazy how quick some are here to take up for their fav company over te mans fucking daughter... smh

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
crazy how quick some are here to take up for their fav company over te mans fucking daughter... smh
Crazy how many people are willing to ignore the context of who is saying this so they can get points by taking shots at a company that has plenty of more legit reasons to take shots at.

JamRock7

Banned
Aug 19, 2019
FL
Crazy how many people are willing to ignore the context of who is saying this so they can get points by taking shots at a company that has plenty of more legit reasons to take shots at.
it still doesnt discredit her though.
everyones willing to turn a blind eye to the terrible shit disney does just because shes done some terrible shit in the past as well

Nairume

SaGa Sage
Oct 25, 2017
it still doesnt discredit her though.
everyones willing to turn a blind eye to the terrible shit disney does just because shes done some terrible shit in the past as well
Nobody is turning a blind eye to Disney being a generally shitty company. Tbey are being skeptical of a monster of a person who abused her father trying to say that the compantly that does suck is bad because they didn't care about her father (which is clearly wrong) because....um....they didn't call her after his passing.

Complain away at Disney sucking. This is one case where the source of criticism is incredibly suspect.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
So if Stan denied the abuse, is it legit or not?
Dude was 95 and seemingly on his last leg. In the video Stan looked confused and gets Biden level details mixed up. While denying the rumors Stan vehemently states that his manager and old friend Keya Morgan was innocent( Morgan was found guilty of theft and elder abuse earlier this year.)

We will never know what happened but what we do know is after his wife's death Lee was systematically isolated and taken advantage of. At best she is guilty of turning a blind eye to blatant abuse.

Morgan and J.C. began consolidating their power over Lee. Mike Kelly, Lee's assistant for nearly a quarter-century who used to come by the house most days for one-on-one meetings, was limited to weekly pre-approved and supervised visits. A new accountant (Vince Maguire, Tobey's brother and Morgan's friend) was hired. The housekeeper and gardener, who had been with Lee for decades, were sent packing. And a revolving door of lawyers were retained over six weeks until the pair introduced Lee to his current counsel, Jonathan Freund.

Lee's phone number has been changed, and his emails are being monitored and composed by Morgan. ("Stan Lee has macular degeneration and his eyes cannot see small letters," Morgan explains. "I have been taking him to the eye doctor and reading his e-mails for him for many years. This is his request, and he thanks me for helping him.")

When Morgan learned that THR had obtained a copy of the seemingly damning declaration, he filmed a video of Lee distancing himself from the document. In the clip, while Lee doesn't deny signing the declaration, he calls its contents "totally incorrect, inaccurate, misleading and insulting." (Lallas says he went through the contents with Lee "word by word, line by line.")

JamRock7

Banned
Aug 19, 2019
FL
Maybe look carefully into your own shit post? No one here is defending Disney. No one is turning a blind eye.
I'm talking about the first Handful of posts in this thread dismissing what she said to bring up what SHE did. And I'm not shitposting. This is a message board we're having a discussion

Raguel

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm talking about the first Handful of posts in this thread dismissing what she said to bring up what SHE did. And I'm not shitposting. This is a message board we're having a discussion
She is a well known liar and overall bad person. People were criticizing her for her words and actions in reference to what she has done to her father.

A person like her rarely deserves the full trust of others. Especially since she has made the whole ordeal about herself with her statements

No one here was defending Disney over her. And yet you come here stating people did just that without receipts.

You didn't come here looking for a discussion. You want to come in to express how high and mighty you are and wanting to shame people.

Last edited:

JamRock7

Banned
Aug 19, 2019
FL
She is a well known liar and overall bad person. People were criticizing her for her words and actions in reference to what she has done to her father.

A person like her rarely deserves the full trust of others. Especially since she has made the whole ordeal about herself with her statements

No one here was defending Disney over her. And yet you come here stating people did just that without receipts.
I dont know how you can read the first page and not see that that is exactly wahts happening but whatever i guess. Lets just agree to disagree

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm talking about the first Handful of posts in this thread dismissing what she said to bring up what SHE did.
There's nothing to dismiss because she didn't actually say anything.

>When my father died, no one from Marvel or Disney reached out to me

This is the terrible shit Disney did? (your words)

>From day one, they have commoditized my father's work

Or was it this? Do you honestly believe this only begin in 2009 when Disney bought Marvel? Stan Lee's character hadn't been commoditized until ten years ago?

>and never shown him or his legacy any respect or decency

Disney showed Stan Lee respect? They treated the man like a god.

I and multiple people have asked you to actually explain what terrible shit Disney did to Stan Lee and what needs to be looked into but you keep ignoring all those posts. I wonder why.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
Edit: Lol. Guess I was already beaten ^.

Not trying to dogpile but from her statement what should/could we look into more?

"When my father died, no one from Marvel or Disney reached out to me" True but I understand given the accusations.

"From day one, they have commoditized my father's work" True.

"and never shown him or his legacy any respect or decency." Now we're getting into murky territory. Did each executive piss on his grave? Not lower the flag when he died? For a faceless company at least to the public Disney kind of went of their way to deify the guy and show him reverence for his contributions to the culture.

"In the end, no one could have treated my father worse than Marvel and Disney's executives." Once again what does she mean? Did they not pay Stan royalties? Did they force him to film cameos for free? Did they not invite him to premieres?

You have to understand how such a vague and inflammatory statement from such a dubious source is seen as a giant nothing burger.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
I'm pretty sure Stan wouldn't be happy about Spider-Man potentially be removed from the MCU but he'd understand the business of it. IIRC he was pretty happy about Spider-Man "coming home" several years back.

Enough has been said about his shitty daughter but the idea that Disney or Marvel (at least the non-Perlmutter side, no idea there) treated him badly is pretty laughable.

Last edited:

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Also want to point out even if that video was true, it was no secret from many interviews over the the years, straight from Stan that even at the best with no abuse she was incapable of supporting herself (Stan lamented this many times even at one point in one interview putting the blame on himself for not being tougher on her and supporting her) and that a lot of trying to curb her spending was making sure there would be money left because he was scared what would happen to her if the money wasn't around and neither was he to collect more.

And if it's was such an issue especially with all the court cases and controversy surrounding it and if she cared so much about her father and his legacy beyond money why wasn't she banging this drum before? How come it's never been important enough to talk about until her father died, no more new money is coming in and Disney/Marvel has no intention of extending their deals with Stan to her? It's laughable.

And so have to bring this up again after someone saying if it was Kirby attacking Disney would be justified. Again no.

This is not a defense of Disney, or what they do, their shitty policies on IP, creators, and the fact they have screwed up copyright so that companies can own things in perpetuity instead of entering public domain as it should.

However the facts are all those creators being done dirty, any further compensation or recognition, contracts and deals were all done and settled long before Disney entered the picture. Who screwed Kirby? Marvel and...wait for it...Stan "the man" Lee himself screwed Kirby and countless others. And his sweetheart deal that would bring him money up the wazhoo and singlehandedly taking all the credit as the creator of Marvel (stans idea and desire mind you) was settled back in the nineties. You can lay a lot of evil at both Walt and the Disney companies feet but the marvel stuff isn't one of them, that's on Marvel execs and Stan himself (which is why so find it ironic and mentioned before people are usually REAL quick to point that out and give him even more shit than he sometimes deserves, but all of a sudden he is the sole victim and treated like shit by a company that wasn't even involved for that just so the usual suspects can take potshots at a company they dislike) so Disney really has nothing to do with it, and they seem to have carried on the Marvel tradition of not only not screwing Stan but putting him above and giving him more credit than others.

Pointing out facts is not "white knighting". It's just if you are going to claim a set of ethics (this is era after all) especially when claiming those ethics are of a higher standard than the ethics of others you kind of have to apply them even and equally across the board or your just being laughable.

ChippyTurtle

Banned
Oct 13, 2018
hold up, Stan's daughter physically harmed him and her mother?

Yeah nope I can't trust a damn word outta her mouth.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I'm all for looking into these accusations, but these words coming from someone who abused Stan for years is absolutely zero proof of anything. She's a trash person and has zero credibility. If the accusations are correct then hopefully they can find proof.

Cheerilee

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm all for looking into these accusations, but these words coming from someone who abused Stan for years is absolutely zero proof of anything. She's a trash person and has zero credibility. If the accusations are correct then hopefully they can find proof.
The accusations are entirely unworthy of proof or looking-into.

"Marvel/Disney has made money off these Marvel characters." - Wow. Such crime.

"Marvel/Disney executives didn't phone JC Lee after Stan Lee died." - Of course they didn't. Why would they? Did Sony executives call her? If they did, that's nice of them. Doesn't mean anything for anyone else.

"Marvel/Disney never showed Stan/Stan's legacy any respect or decency." - Bull fucking shit.

And then the kicker on this trainwreck of a statement is JC Lee saying that NOBODY was worse to Stan than Marvel/Disney. When JC Lee knows full well that some greedy person (possibly JC Lee, definitely not Marvel/Disney) stuck a needle in Stan's arm while he was on his deathbed, and drained his blood so they could sell it. She knows that this happened (even if she insists that it wasn't her). And for her not to be very upset about it suggests that it was probably her that did it.

mordecaii83

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
The accusations are entirely unworthy of proof or looking-into.

"Marvel/Disney has made money off these Marvel characters." - Wow. Such crime.

"Marvel/Disney executives didn't phone JC Lee after Stan Lee died." - Of course they didn't. Why would they? Did Sony executives call her? If they did, that's nice of them. Doesn't mean anything for anyone else.

"Marvel/Disney never showed Stan/Stan's legacy any respect or decency." - Bull fucking shit.

And then the kicker on this trainwreck of a statement is JC Lee saying that NOBODY was worse to Stan than Marvel/Disney. When JC Lee knows full well that some greedy person (possibly JC Lee, definitely not Marvel/Disney) stuck a needle in Stan's arm while he was on his deathbed, and drained his blood so they could sell it. She knows that this happened (even if she insists that it wasn't her). And for her not to be very upset about it suggests that it was probably her that did it.
It never hurts to look into things, but I agree there's nothing of substance in what she said.