• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
I think it's entirely plausible that Bernie said "You know, seeing the sexism against Hillary, it's entirely possible that you'd have an uphill struggle." And that would be accurate.

I don't believe for one second that Bernie said "A woman can't win."
Exactly my thought. I would be extremely fucking disappointed if Bernie said that a woman can't win; it doesn't sound like something he would say.

Oct 27, 2017
That evening, Sanders expressed frustration at what he saw as a growing focus among Democrats on identity politics, according to one of the people familiar with the conversation. Warren told Sanders she disagreed with his assessment that a woman could not win, three of the four sources said.

Same thing he said in the 2016 race, ugh

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the same Bernie that wanted Warren to run 2016.

the same Bernie who paid women less than men in comparable positions. The Bernie who endorsed Cenk. The Bernie who had to fire staff due their use of homophobic slurs and anti-semitism even though a cursory glance at that person's history should have been red flagged before hire.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I will say given how easy it is to see that Warren dislikes Biden, I doubt she would be so nice to someone who said that to her.

Lonewulfeus

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's entirely plausible that Bernie said "You know, seeing the sexism against Hillary, it's entirely possible that you'd have an uphill struggle." And that would be accurate.

I don't believe for one second that Bernie said "A woman can't win, you're wasting your time."

Yup, that's probably the context if the conversation occurred at all.

SugarNoodles

Nov 3, 2017
Portland, OR
It was a meeting between Bernie and Warren. If Bernie's denying it, where do you think this comes from
30a.jpeg

sapien85

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I can see Bernie complaining about Democrats focusing too much on identity politics because that sounds like him. Meanwhile the Republican side is literally running on identity 100%.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I don't believe for one second that Bernie said "A woman can't win, you're wasting your time."
More or less my thoughts.

msdstc

Nov 6, 2017
Who do you think this is from.

This isn't the DNC or other Dem institutions, this is from Warren.

I'll withold judgement, if Warren directly acknowledges this then I'll believe her, but I do think context is important. I also find it suspect that Bernie has had quite a few attacks in the last 2 or 3 weeks out of nowhere given his climb in the early states.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Next up on CNN: "Why Klobuchar is the right one for the job!"

In all seriousness, the two of them have been friends for years and I genuinely doubt he would say something like that. You can be a fan of his policies or not, but Bernie himself isn't a sexist.

Oct 26, 2017

This exactly. And some idiot is twisting it for momentary political gain.

Psamtik

Oct 27, 2017
Misogyny is an incredibly potent force in this country, and the demographic splits in 2016 honestly make me wonder if we'll see a woman President within my lifetime, but at worst Bernie would've expressed this fear with some measure of nuance.

A significant number of American men truly hate women, and that is an electoral problem. It's not a problem that's impossible to overcome; it's not a problem that we should stop trying to overcome.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
They are fucking scared af holy shit

Between this and warren saying bernie sent his base out to get her things are getting desperate

2ndTuXx

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Here we go.

Can't trash him on policies or anything of substance so they have to resort to lame identity politics 101

shamanick

Oct 29, 2017
I can see Bernie complaining about Democrats focusing too much on identity politics because that sounds like him. Meanwhile the Republican side is literally running on identity 100%.

The comments were public

Why are these two even fighting? There are far bigger issues at stake.

This is Warren's last ditch attempt to grab some of his supporters before Iowa. It's pretty standard politics from her camp. What's not standard is that Bernie is being blamed for Warren going negative, and the Bernie haters are gleeful (whether they know better or not)

Deleted member 38573

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2018

would be peak commentariat shenanigans

Dartastic

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Exactly my thought. I would be extremely fucking disappointed if Bernie said that a woman can't win; it doesn't sound like something he would say.
There's absolutely no way I believe this story as it stands. Saying that she may have an uphill battle due to sexism is the most likely statement, if anything along those lines were even said at all. This is some disingenuous bullshit and it's really disappointing from the Warren campaign.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I'm waiting for Warren's response on this to confirm, deny, or clarify the statement.

Stellares

Oct 27, 2017
Another staffer somewhat familiar with the meeting remarked that Bernie stomped on four kittens and yelled subscribe to pewdiepie on the way out.

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Weird if he said this how friendly shes been with Bernie this entire time as well. I can't imagine she would be like that with someone who said this to her (nor can I imagine Bernie straight up saying this since Hilary won the popular vote in 16).

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
If Warren doesn't respond to this today she'll have no choice but to respond to it during the debate.

Status
Not open for further replies.