• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1324596542030_7713053.png
Bitch eating crackers_jpg right here.

this actually isn't bitch eating crackers they likely just don't support what bernie stands for

it's always the easy answer

chadskin

Oct 27, 2017
So since you think she's so cold and calculated, is her campaign making this smear up? Or is it merely a coincidence that it's coming out now?
I have no reason to doubt the reporting nor do I think the timing is a coincidence. It's part of the Warren camp's effort to separate her from Bernie and tack to the center to make her more palatable to white college educated voters. I'm hardly the only one to notice Warren's shifting message.

Oct 27, 2017
The civil rights movement doesn't count?
Bernie Sanders' entire involvement in the Civil Rights movement was at his campus chapter of CORE in Chicago and SNCC. Did some good work, but he's not a titan of the civil rights movement if that's what you're suggesting. Let's not act like he's a white John Lewis.

Mentioning that he marching and got arrested once reeks of desperation to prop him up, in my eyes.

Deleted member 37235

Gotta love bourgeois media reporting rumors as news.

Four individuals who appear to be Warren staffers with a very opportune story.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
this actually isn't bitch eating crackers they likely just don't support what bernie stands for

it's always the easy answer

Yeah, taxing the rich who pay nearly or actually zero in taxes in order to help give healthcare to everyone in the US is a position that is just too dang crazy!

unfucking believable

good old Xeni still hates Bernie lmao, whitest AAVE enthusiast alive

d3172b062394a8515c740870bc550cbfa469e40b8d2387fc3318535be537c835_1.jpg

Oh my god this is awful.

Mulciber

Aug 22, 2018
As a sort of tangent to the discussion in here, it's amazing to me how Trump managed to co-opt the phrase "fake news" and weaponize it.

CNN isn't "fake news." Hell, Fox isn't even what "fake news" meant. Fake news referred to sites like (making one up) freedomeaglenews.com or whatever that would literally create fake "news" story and post them to social media. It's your pizza gate, your Hillary has boxes of already filled out ballets (with a picture you could GIS to see was years old), etc.

Real news channels like CNN can make mistakes and even lie, but with actual fake news potentially being a problem again this year, let's not forget what it actually was.

Oct 27, 2017
Sources that still haven't been confirmed or denied. Literally conjecture. And it doesn't bother you that one of the biggest corporate media companies has put out a headline that is more than likely not even a true fact against a Presidential candidate in an effort to damage said candidacy? You don't have a problem with that in any way, shape, or form? You say he "actually said" the quote like there is evidence already, despite there being none. This is sensationalism and completely ignorant. Also:

I guess take that as you will.

Sources that haven't been confirmed or denied yet? I'm not sure what that means. Basically every political story you've ever read uses anonymous sourcing. And a lot of times, it's fewer that the 4 this story uses. I'm not going to suddenly take issue with anonymous sources here.

The headline apparently reflects what they were told. I don't know that that is true, but I know that there is someone who could confirm it. But the fact that she won't doesn't mean the story can't be run.

I said "actually said" meaning that maybe you don't think CNN did enough to figure out what was actually said (rather than running on a paraphrased comment that may lack proper context). That may be a valid complaint. What that tweet commented on is not valid, in my eyes. I can't really expand on it any more that I already have.

You need to dial down the insults in your posts. They're unearned by you and unwarranted from me.

Deleted member 38573

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2018
Bernie Sanders' entire involvement in the Civil Rights movement was at his campus chapter of CORE in Chicago and SNCC. Did some good work, but he's not a titan of the civil rights movement if that's what you're suggesting. Let's not act like he's a white John Lewis.

Mentioning that he marching and got arrested once reeks of desperation to prop him up, in my eyes.

sounds like he cares about social justice

Oct 25, 2017
I really have to appreciate how this piece of FUD is so masterfully targeted. You can get both camps to fight, spawn conspiracies, and complain about delays in actions. It directly attacks impatience, heavy and emotional reactions to perceived sexism, purity and a whole host of other things. But this sort of thing would not be much of a speed bump for Biden or really any Republican, it's only good at poisoning these specific bases.

Oct 27, 2017
Care to clarify a little more what you're referencing?

Care to clarify a little more what you're referencing?

give me a concrete example
It's rather simple.

His class-based economic policy agenda ignores the concerns and unique experiences of Black Americans. Especially when it comes to the universal policies of minimum wage, tuition and medicare. He acknowledges the intersectionality of racial and economic inequalities but when he opines on racial inequality he glosses over things like infant/maternal mortality, wealth gap, criminal justice etc with vague words and no targeted ideas to properly address them.

Sorry Bernie, not impressed.

shamanick

Oct 29, 2017
Real news channels like CNN can make mistakes and even lie, but with actual fake news potentially being a problem again this year, let's not forget what it actually was.
"Real" news channels lying (which happens all the time) is FAR more destructive than, say, WorldNetDaily publishing fake stories

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
I doubt it sounded like "women are worse" and not "in the current situation...". That is, if he said that.

Big Baybee

Oct 27, 2017
Can we not do the fake news thing on the left? CNN is sensationalist, but their reporting is pretty standard.

y2dvd

Nov 14, 2017
It's rather simple.

His class-based economic policy agenda ignores the concerns and unique experiences of Black Americans. Especially when it comes to the universal policies of minimum wage, tuition and medicare. He acknowledges the intersectionality of racial and economic inequalities but when he opines on racial inequality he glosses over things like infant/maternal mortality, wealth gap, criminal justice etc with vague words and no targeted ideas to properly address them.

Which candidate impresses you in this regards? I'd love to compare policy plans addressing racial inequalities.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm honestly not surprised if it's true. Bernie has always felt like he looks down on social justice and identity politics.
It probably does feel that way if you haven't ever watched a single thing he has said or done for the past forty years. His push for civil rights, LGBTQ members in the military, his record on trans rights as mayor of Burlington... these things have been so well circulated that you either haven't been paying attention, in which case you shouldn't be making blanket statements like this, or you have been and are just looking to knock him down.

He has been openly critical of idpol in the past few years, but a lot of liberal users here seem to believe conservative and leftists critiques of it are equivalent and seek to bring about the same results when that's patently false. Conservatives attack it in order to foment WASP resentment towards minorities, leftists fully seek to empower minorities (there's an extremely strong LGBTQ presence in leftist spaces) but merely criticize how often white liberals use token gestures and acknowledgements of idpol in order to skirt around economic and class issues. @Inuhanyou has made a lot of good posts in this thread about this.

You are free to disagree with how leftists approach the issue, but many people here implicitly or explicitly suggest that it comes from the same place as conservative attacks. They are wrong and often disingenuous in doing so.

Xaszatm

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's rather simple.

Ok, what is Warren doing to counter this then? I'm not even including the others because they have far more horrible track records in this.

Oct 27, 2017
Which candidate impresses you in this regards? I'd love to compare policy plans addressing racial inequalities.
Impresses me?

None of them do, honestly.

Ok, what is Warren doing to counter this then? I'm not even including the others because they have far more horrible track records in this.
Just like Bernie, not enough.

The entire Democratic party and its platform at best, addresses these issues with bandaids and at worst, completely ignores them.

Mekanos

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 17, 2018
It probably does feel that way if you haven't ever watched a single thing he has said or done for the past forty years. His push for civil rights, LGBTQ members in the military, his record on trans rights as mayor of Burlington... these things have been so well circulated that you either haven't been paying attention, in which case you shouldn't be making blanket statements like this, or you have been and are just looking to knock him down.

He has been openly critical of idpol in the past few years, but a lot of liberal users here seem to believe conservative and leftists critiques of it are equivalent and seek to bring about the same results when that's patently false. Conservatives attack it in order to foment WASP resentment towards minorities, leftists fully seek to empower minorities (there's an extremely strong LGBTQ presence in leftist spaces) but merely criticize how often white liberals use token gestures and acknowledgements of idpol in order to skirt around economic and class issues. @Inuhanyou has made a lot of good posts in this thread about this.

You are free to disagree with how leftists approach the issue, but many people here implicitly or explicitly suggest that it comes from the same place as conservative attacks. They are wrong and often disingenuous in doing so.

Good post.

The idea that Bernie is some anti-social justice whacko who only cares about economic equality is completely unfounded.

Oct 25, 2017
Bernie starts polling as frontrunner in Iowa and they already running with this obvious bullshit. Just wait til he actually wins Iowa!

Big Baybee

Oct 27, 2017
Agreed. Hilary deserved all of their stories about her emails and benghazi right up until election day.
I mean, I said they were sensationalist. MSNBC also ran a bunch of stories about emails and Benghazi. Not gonna say they are fake news🤷🏾‍♂️. This is a sourced story and not some prime time Sean Hannity bullshit.

-Le Monde-

Avenger
Dec 8, 2017
Media trying their hardest to drive that wedge between supporters. They want another 2016 with Trump ultimately getting a second term.

PMS341

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Sources that haven't been confirmed or denied yet? I'm not sure what that means. Basically every political story you've ever read uses anonymous sourcing. And a lot of times, it's fewer that the 4 this story uses. I'm not going to suddenly take issue with anonymous sources here.

The headline apparently reflects what they were told. I don't know that that is true, but I know that there is someone who could confirm it. But the fact that she won't doesn't mean the story can't be run.

I said "actually said" meaning that maybe you don't think CNN did enough to figure out what was actually said (rather than running on a paraphrased comment that may lack proper context). That may be a valid complaint. What that tweet commented on is not valid, in my eyes. I can't really expand on it any more that I already have.

You need to dial down the insults in your posts. They're unearned by you and unwarranted from me.

If you genuinely feel insulted by anything I have said, then you may need to step away from the computer for a while. In no way was I saying anything hurtful or harmful directly to you. The headline put out by CNN reads exactly as fact, which is disingenuous and obvious, and to deny that is nothing but head-in-the-sand tactics that centrists have been using since 2016 and before. The idea that the media is always impartial is laughable at best, and proven otherwise every single day.

And no, I do not think that CNN would do enough to figure out the credibility of said statement because the vagueness of it is exactly why we're discussing it in the first place. It is working, for better or worse, exactly as intended.

Again, I apologize if I upset you, truly, but this is hardly a new trend from outlets like CNN and to deny it literally is just ignoring actual fact at this point. Corporate media does not benefit from a Sanders presidency, or even a Warren one really. Why do you think they pushed Klobuchar so hard despite her voter base being practically nonexistent? They want this infighting among the two most left-leaning of the current candidates.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
It's rather simple.

All of the candidates that spoke specifically to minority communities are out of this race, outside of Yang.

Nobody was an honest as much as Marianne Williamson about reparations, for example.

Deleted member 4783

Oct 25, 2017
The hate Sanders receives from some people in this forum is fucking laughable.

And the funniest thing is, some of them are Biden fans (which isn't even remotely progressive and would fail their purity test if they actually cared).

jviggy43

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I mean, I said they were sensationalist. MSNBC also ran a bunch of stories about emails and Benghazi. Not gonna say they are fake news🤷🏾‍♂️. This is a sourced story and not some prime time Sean Hannity bullshit.
Hey so long as youre not also complaining when they run this stuff on any dem, feel free to think its in poor form for others to dismiss this.

Luminish

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Denver
It's rather simple.

He's the only one who wants to let felons vote, he's the only who wants to break up ICE, he goes the farthest of any democrat on school desegregation plans.

If you don't think he does enough for social justice, than you'd have to think the same about every other democrat.

PMS341

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The hate Sanders receives from some people in this forum is fucking laughable.

And the funniest thing is, some of them are Biden fans (which isn't even remotely progressive and would fail their purity test if they actually cared).

One voted for the Iraq War on multiple occasions and even praised Bush for leading a completely fake "war" that resulted in the deaths of hundreds of thousands of civilians, but the other hung out with Commies or something, so fuck him!

y2dvd

Nov 14, 2017
Impresses me?

None of them do, honestly.

Just like Bernie, not enough.

The entire Democratic party and its platform at best, addresses these issues with bandaids and at worst, completely ignores them.
But he has addressed racial inequality. It just doesn't meet to your standards like any other candidate as you've stated. That is a lot different than saying he completely glosses over issues exacerbated racial inequality. I'm pretty sure I can find you clips, audio, and policy plan on what you think he glossed over one-by-one as well if you'd like.

Status
Not open for further replies.