• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
The description of that meeting is based on the accounts of four people: two people Warren spoke with directly soon after the encounter, and two people familiar with the meeting.

CNN said:
The two agreed that if they ultimately faced each other as presidential candidates, they should remain civil and avoid attacking one another, so as not to hurt the progressive movement. They also discussed how to best take on President Donald Trump, and Warren laid out two main reasons she believed she would be a strong candidate: She could make a robust argument about the economy and earn broad support from female voters.

Sanders responded that he did not believe a woman could win.

That evening, Sanders expressed frustration at what he saw as a growing focus among Democrats on identity politics, according to one of the people familiar with the conversation. Warren told Sanders she disagreed with his assessment that a woman could not win, three of the four sources said.

Sanders denied the characterization of the meeting in a statement to CNN.

"It is ludicrous to believe that at the same meeting where Elizabeth Warren told me she was going to run for president, I would tell her that a woman couldn't win," Sanders said. "It's sad that, three weeks before the Iowa caucus and a year after that private conversation, staff who weren't in the room are lying about what happened. What I did say that night was that Donald Trump is a sexist, a racist and a liar who would weaponize whatever he could. Do I believe a woman can win in 2020? Of course! After all, Hillary Clinton beat Donald Trump by 3 million votes in 2016."

I'm interested to see if Warren responds to this. A simple yes or no to "did he say this?" should be sufficient.

Last edited:

kami_sama

Oct 26, 2017
Why the fuck would anyone left of the republicans would ever say that?
Nevermind Bernie.

RoKKeR

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like a ridiculously weak story and the timing is suspect to say the least...

mugurumakensei

Elizabeth, I’m coming to join you!
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like something Bernie would say given his focus on class over all other concerns especially considering his recent endorsements, the staff who were fired, etc.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Sanders' response, in the OP (just for people who may miss it):

"It is ludicrous to believe that at the same meeting where Elizabeth Warren told me she was going to run for president, I would tell her that a woman couldn't win," Sanders said. "It's sad that, three weeks before the Iowa caucus and a year after that private conversation, staff who weren't in the room are lying about what happened. What I did say that night was that Donald Trump is a sexist, a racist and a liar who would weaponize whatever he could. Do I believe a woman can win in 2020? Of course! After all, Hillary Clinton beat Donald Trump by 3 million votes in 2016."

Flatly denies this happened. Which i really hope is the case, because.. fuck any of that sentiment. I wonder what Warren has to say about this.

uncelestial

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Francisco, CA, USA
Bernie's denial makes about 40x more sense than the anonymous story here. He knows a woman can win, because a woman did win. Duh? If it weren't for the electoral college, we'd have a woman as president today, as Bernie specifically mentions.

If you don't see why Warren and Sanders have agreed to lay off each other, just observe:

^ This division is exactly what is trying to be accomplished here. Don't fall for it.

Sounds like something Bernie would say given his focus on class over all other concerns especially considering his recent endorsements, the staff who were fired, etc.

It doesn't and you sound pretty foolish.

Last edited:

Dierce

Oct 27, 2017
"Donald Trump tapped into the anger of a declining middle class that is sick and tired of establishment economics, establishment politics and the establishment media. People are tired of working longer hours for lower wages, of seeing decent paying jobs go to China and other low-wage countries, of billionaires not paying any federal income taxes and of not being able to afford a college education for their kids - all while the very rich become much richer.

Economic Anxiety ™

Deleted member 9972

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Anonymous sources" never seems to be an issue when it's about Trump. It really shouldn't be an issue here.

It's no wonder FAKE NEWS gained so much traction considering both sides are willing to roll with it when it's most convenient for them

Probably way more to this story and the characterization of what was said.

I agree with this though.

Last edited:

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
lol bullshit

The moderates are freaking out and trying to do anything they can to smear him now that he's gaining momentum.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If Warren doesn't deny this, then we know where it came from. And people in here really leaning into the conspiracy theories

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
I really hope Bernie can win with all the media trying to smear him.

Deleted member 2426

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is clearly from Warren herself after Bernie's volunteer script told his volunteers to attack her.

Have you not followed this at all while obsessively following it somehow.

seems like you are not even following things with actual detail yourself lol

It was a dumb post in slack that was immediately delete and does not reflect what the actual volunteer rules say.

Don't need to be a liar about it.

Amnixia

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Jan 25, 2018
Corporate lapdogs gonna be corporate lapdogs.

I think it's entirely plausible that Bernie said "You know, seeing the sexism against Hillary, it's entirely possible that you'd have an uphill struggle." And that would be accurate.

I don't believe for one second that Bernie said "A woman can't win, you're wasting your time."

This I can definitely believe, news outlets going with clickbait Isn't new or surprising.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's entirely plausible that Bernie said "You know, seeing the sexism against Hillary, it's entirely possible that you'd have an uphill struggle." And that would be accurate.

I don't believe for one second that Bernie said "A woman can't win, you're wasting your time."

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be surprise if Warren confirms this outright. She cares about her image and Bernie supporters would kill her just for being the victim. I see her letting this fester.

Crazy how all this stuff starts surfacing right after he begins topping the polls in Iowa
No it isnt. This is how the horse race works. Every primary before this one sees this kind of stuff. Even this primary had every perceived front runner catch heat. The process is working as planned.

Principate

Oct 31, 2017
Sadly even if it were true I doubt the American public would care. Stronger attacks would be needed such is the state of things.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
This seems like the sort of issue that cries against identity politics would work to shut down, so that much seems consistent, at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.