• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 3896

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I honestly think Warren is done now.

That statement is beyond pathetic. "I thought a woman could win, he disagreed"...were you talking about yourself and he thought he would be a better candidate? Did he say that he's afraid sexism in key battleground states might be enough to swing them to Trump and we would be better off nominating a man? Why have you been his ally/friend since then if you think he's a raging sexist? Why is he still your ally/friend if you're continuing to insinuate he's a raging sexist? Did your staffers go rogue and release this or was this a planned attack?

Give me what he actually said and not your "interpretation" of what he said Liz.
She didn't say it was her interpretation.

Seattle6418

Oct 25, 2017
Brasília Brazil
Agreed. This leaking is not good for Warren - the idea that Warren deliberately leaked it is one where you need to be a Sanders partisan to believe it true- this is not a helpful narrative to have in the campaign because the last thing you want to do is push this concern to the forefront of voters' minds.

That´s the whole point. I thought this was from Biden´s camp. If her campaign leaked this, it´s a horrible attempt to get ahead. She could have dismissed this, but instead she chose to use it by giving these comments. I think it´s another example of showing bad political instincts.

NookSports

Oct 27, 2017
Why exactly is it a personal judgement on whether or not Bernie Sanders is a raging bigot whether he thought other people were and would respond to sexist political campaigning? I completely don't understand what point you think you're making by repeatedly saying this.
The point I'm making is that the point of the story is not whether Bernie Sanders is sexist; but whether he was daft enough to tell Warren to her face that he thought the Electoral college wouldn't elect a woman.

splash wave

Oct 25, 2017
Bay Area, CA
Or she doesn't know, and is just sticking to the pure facts as she experienced them.

The point is, using this comment as evidence Bernie is a sexist is just as baseless as using this comment as evidence Warren is a liar.

This is less than nothing.
It's more that she thinks Bernie believes American voters are sexist

Then she should absolutely clarify this! Her team worked on her statement for nearly six hours, and the one released definitely leaves the door open for Bernie's alleged sexism. That's why this seems so dishonest and dirty to me.

Deleted member 37235

Boy that's some really bad journalism and logic in terms of "it's not real because nobody was in the room... just people who directly talked to her".

Also it's out of date because Warren responded and said it happened lol

Oh yes because rumor and innuendo is scintillating journalism...

mAcOdIn

Oct 27, 2017
Is it even sexist to say a woman couldn't win right now? It's not a knock on women but rather the electorate. I don't know either way, I like to think of course a woman could win but I don't know because it's not all on the woman. Honestly I don't think a practicing Muslim could win the election right now, irregardless of how great they'd be or not, am I anti-Muslim now or just making a prediction as to how the populace would vote.

This is honestly the lamest campaign fight I've seen.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
Why she didn't say this a year ago. This is borderline disqualifying for someone like Sanders.
Maybe she didn't think it was important or didn't want to do Bernie like that. It might be a foreign concept to some, but just because someone says something bad about your or something you don't agree with, it doesn't mean you HAVE to retaliate or knock 'em down in an opportune time. I know, for people on the Internet, sometimes it's a "DOES NOT COMPUTE" moment, especially when everything someone disagrees with HAS to be met with the most epic of vitriol one can muster through their keyboards. Not a knock at you, personally, just people out there that may or may not be listening.

"Bernie and I disagreed that a woman could be elected president but I'm focused on working with my friend Bernie to defeat Trump..."

Replies:

IFJUTJ4.gif
I know, right? Warren don't want people to dwell on this shit and everybody's, well, like the analogy I used in a previous post, are going all The Mist up in here.

Haubergeon

Jan 22, 2019
The point I'm making is that the point of the story is not whether Bernie Sanders is sexist; but whether he was daft enough to tell Warren to her face that he thought the Electoral college wouldn't elect a woman.

Then I feel like you're asking a question you already have an answer to but you just don't like the answer. In the response for comment the Sanders campaign directly said Bernie told Warren he thought Trump would prey on the nation's sexism in ways that also contributed to Hillary's loss, consequently that it would be harder for a woman to win, but not that they couldn't, or that none should ever run.

CJSeven

Oct 30, 2018
Now that she's confirmed this with a direct statement, why aren't people jumping onto Bernie to clarify the denials from his surrogates with the same vigor they've had in going after her all afternoon?

Joe

Oct 25, 2017
Then she should absolutely clarify this! Her team worked on her statement for nearly six hours, and the one released definitely leaves the door open for Bernie's alleged sexism. That's why this seems so dishonest and dirty to me.

I don't think that "Bernie Sanders believes Americans are sexist" could be seen as any less of an attack than "Bernie Sanders said something sexist."

Deleted member 43

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 24, 2017
It's not her job to speak for Bernie. All she said was what she heard, no more no less.

B-Dubs

That's some catch, that catch-22
General Manager
Oct 25, 2017
This thread can stay locked and the conversation can continue here, given there are new developments.

Status
Not open for further replies.