• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Do you regularly recline your seat when flying?

• Yes

Votes: 310 29.7%
  • No

Votes: 732 70.2%

• Total voters

joecanada

Oct 28, 2017
Canada
I mean you can vote yes but there's an asterisk there.... cuz I jammed both knees up against your seat from takeoff so you didn't recline it if you sat in front of me . I refuse to host an adult in my lap

Hollywood Duo

Oct 25, 2017
They specifically said retrofit the existing seats. The footprint is staying the same, so where are these imaginary added seats your complaining of and that the article specifically dispells coming from?
Their story doesn't add up, especially considering they are reducing recline in first class when there is plenty of room to recline without incident. So you'll forgive me if I don't take the massive corporations PR spin at face value.

charmeleon

Oct 25, 2017
They specifically said retrofit the existing seats. The footprint is staying the same, so where are these imaginary added seats your complaining of and that the article specifically dispells coming from?
Let's go to the original story that CNN is quoting.
Delta is promising, at least for now, that it won't reduce legroom or squeeze in additional seats along with the recline change.

"We're not adding a single seat into the aircraft," Ekrem Dimbiloglu, Delta's director of onboard product and customer experience, told TPG in a phone interview.

"It's really not at all a gateway to reducing your legroom. That is not the intent here," Dimbiloglu said. "If we were adding seats, or something else, the cynics would be correct. But this is really about more personal space."

Some airlines do operate with a much higher seat count. For example, low-cost carrier Spirit Airlines has "pre-reclined" its seats and is able to cram in 25 more passengers than Delta does on the same jet. (Delta offers 3 to 4 more inches of legroom than Spirit in its tightest seat.)
Trust the PR of an airline company lol. Yeah they would never make customer experiences worse for more profit!

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
Adding everyone who cheers this on.
LOL

They are doing a trial to see if people bitch about it. If no one complains, they will drop pitch.

This has been the MO for decades already.

But sure, trust PR.

forrest

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
How about they just design planes to hold the correct amount of people for a comfortable roomy flight and not pack people in like fucking sardines.

bsigg

Oct 25, 2017
I'd pay $20 more per flight more leg room

I always upgrade work flights to business class when I'm traveling

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
I'm cool with less recline but I'm suspicious of their motives, even if they are claiming it's not to stuff more seats in. I mean, if the retrofit happens and no additional seats were added, then I guess good on 'em. I trust Delta as far as I can throw them though.

FTF

Oct 28, 2017
New York
Yes I recline...but VERY slowly over the course of like 30 min so it's hardly noticeable. Plus I don't recline it all the way, just a little/maybe half. I also don't mind if someone in front of me does the same.

Akronis

Prophet of Regret - Lizard Daddy
Oct 25, 2017
good, people are fucking selfish pricks that recline too far and ruin the flight for the person behind them

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
At least read the thread and make a point.
I keep adding all of them to the post. Quoting for when Delta decides to cut seat pitch due to all the corporate cheerleaders who cheered this on.

They are living examples of "Fuck you, got mine". They aren't arguing for increased pitch, instead they are happy stuff is being taken away from others.

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
Well if they add more seats and reduce space then I wont fly with Delta

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
THANK YOU

On a recent flight, I had the woman in front of me recline all the fucking way back during mealtime. It was frustrating as hell and the flight attendants couldn't do anything about it.

Flight attendants always go seat to seat telling everyone who is reclining to upright their seat during meal service. What airline was this that they failed such a simple task?

Stinkles

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Flight attendants always go seat to seat telling everyone who is reclining to upright their seat during meal service. What airline was this that they failed such a simple task?

Pray tell how many flights and how many airlines and how many countries and how simple was the task of telling hundreds of people this rule that nobody here has yet quoted?

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Please stop lying. There is not such rule and they do not do that.

I mean, I fly all the damn time. Whenever people are reclined during meal time they come and ask to raise the seat. I fly mostly in Asia though, but it's happened plenty of times on US carriers for me while flying internationally. I don't think I've gotten food service on a domestic flight in the USA in years.

Of course service is generally a lot better in Asia, not just on flights. American flight attendants usually do the bare minimum.

Edit: and it's not like it's difficult to ask people to raise their seat when they are passing out the meal. Most people are decent human beings from my experience and automatically put up their seat when the food service comes along, so they only have to ask like 5-10 people at most to raise their seatrest. It's not like they are announcing it to hundreds of people.

Last edited:

metalgear89

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The best solution is were if you recline, instead of your seat taking space from the person behind you it takes your own foot space. It will probably be more effort to engineer something like that so airlines probably won't bother.

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
As a tall dude I am very happy, but I also don't fret about people reclining. In an airplane scenario you gotta do what's best for you, no use getting mad at another passenger when the airline decided to jam us all the fuck in there.

Hypron

Oct 27, 2017
NZ
I mean, on international flights where you're trying to sleep, if everyone reclines their seats it works pretty well. On <1 hour local flights though? gtfo, stop trying to crush my knees and prevent me from using the foldable table

PanickyFool

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why are people flying Delta and not jetblue?

The standard leg room in jetblue is greater than the premium economy leg room in Delta.

I physically an to tall to fly standard Delta. I walked off the last Delta flight someone booked me on.

killerrin

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
If I'm ever reclining on a plane, it's in the range of 0-10degrees from upright. At max. Just so I'm slanted a bit and not fully upright. Anymore than that though is just inconsiderate to others on the plane.

Skunk

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not going to entertain discussing how they didn't make this change to increase the number of seats, when reclining wouldn't be a fucking problem in the first place if there was enough room between seats.

neoak

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, I fly all the damn time. Whenever people are reclined during meal time they come and ask to raise the seat. I fly mostly in Asia though, but it's happened plenty of times on US carriers for me while flying internationally. I don't think I've gotten food service on a domestic flight in the USA in years.

Of course service is generally a lot better in Asia, not just on flights. American flight attendants usually do the bare minimum.

Edit: and it's not like it's difficult to ask people to raise their seat when they are passing out the meal. Most people are decent human beings from my experience and automatically put up their seat when the food service comes along, so they only have to ask like 5-10 people at most to raise their seatrest. It's not like they are announcing it to hundreds of people.
Oh, Asian airlines. Fair enough. We thought you were flying Domestic only.

cgcg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
User Warned: Inflammtory post aimed at other members.
lol at the dumbasses cheering on corporations for giving them less value for their money, thinking the world should revolve around their physique. Enjoy your inevitable less leg room in a few years while still whining about the front seat jamming all the way up your ass.

Alec

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
Yes, we all know the corporations are the assholes. But be real, no one is going to boycott them, because we absolutely have to fly. So we are fucked.

All we can do is be considerate to each other, which means you shouldn't recline.

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
We had a seat reclining thread last week.

Whiners need to can it. I'm 6'4", tall, big, long legs, someone reclining in front of me has never bothered me. If I need more room, I'll spend the extra $25 on a more legroom seat. I don't fault someone or mind if someone reclines. I get it if you have a disability or something, but most people don't and if you're disabled then you can get special accomodation (for instance, the first seat, exit row, more legroom, etc)

People won't boycott based on reclining, flying is all about price, perks, and convenient travel times for like 95% of flyers.

Deleted member 2625

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd rather they limited reclining. But I'd take slower reclining seats too. The worst is when passenger in front drops that shit on your laptop screen like a drawbridge.