• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

CrocoDuck

Oct 28, 2017
So I'm at sunset park Brooklyn and there's a protest going on at the park (sunset park) going against the ICE deportations.

D i Z

Oct 25, 2017
Where X marks the spot.
Yo. If you ain't got the supplies you need, you need to do it with what you've got. Don't be a dummy and order anything.
Don't answer the door. Do not take calls from any number you don't know. Do not think that these fools just passed you by.

.Detective.

Oct 27, 2017
the people who say this are never in America for some reason.
'oh just rise up and outnumber and suppress the government authority, it's simple'...
because we've never thought of that.

(we should be able to actively shove an ICE agent to the ground if they ask us anything and we're citizens. Just take their ICE hats and set them on fire.)

Well, what do you expect us foreign citizens of countries where this shit is not normal, nor logical, to say?

We say this because it's strange/scary that if this stuff was meant to end due to being outright evil, something has to have happened by now, right? Revolt, mass riots, citizens arrests, etc. But it just gets worse, and that is demoralizing to see occur as a human being.

In my case, I'm a citizen of the land to the north, and seeing this bullshit happen to my neighbours to the south is infuriating, and frightening to witness in the casual way it occurs. Especially as the US regularly declares the freedom to stand up for what is right, but then this shit becomes an occurence. How else do you expect us to react to these atrocities? Something has to give here.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh, it's definitely happening.

That stuff happens all the time. It doesn't make it less awful, but the way this was discussed by Trump and ICE suggested that there will be some sort of a special operation and an escalations of force and maybe methods.
I have not seen a lot of evidence that this happened yet, at least to degree that I feared it might be.

cheese toast

Oct 29, 2017
the people who say this are never in America for some reason.
'oh just rise up and outnumber and suppress the government authority, it's simple'...
because we've never thought of that.

(we should be able to actively shove an ICE agent to the ground if they ask us anything and we're citizens. Just take their ICE hats and set them on fire.)
Meanwhile, in Australia, a controversial visa crackdown was commenced in the morning, protested against by lunchtime, and cancelled before the first official press conference that afternoon.

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...up-melbourne-celebrates-border-force-backdown

CrocoDuck

Oct 28, 2017
Not sure if this connection is hyperbole or not but

Based on the time on the Twitter this video was taken in the afternoon.

I was at the protest that was held at the park in the evening. There were PLENTY of people at the park going about their day. Plenty of Mexicans and Chinese just chillin. Oddly enough, a lot of the protesters were white (eventually more Latinos joined).

Here's what I gathered from overhearing what the locals were saying in Spanish:

1. ICE was apparently going around looking for people on Saturday (as opposed to what everyone thought was going to start on Sunday).

2. ICE was apparently looking around the neighborhood in the morning, which could possibly explain the video you posted.

3. ICE plans to do another sweep today (Monday). They were also apparently waiting in front of Mexican restaurants.

4. During the protest, they found a few (?) ICE members down about a block down knocking on someone's door. A large group of protesters found and chased them off. (I didn't see them as they left by the time I got there).

5. As far as I know, ICE didn't detain a single person.

While the video in Twitter May show some aspect of what happened, when I was in there there was a shit ton of people both in the park and around the neighborhood going about their business like nothing was happening. So in way I guess it is a little hyperbole.

Deleted member 3010

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently some tried to during night time. Between 1AM-5AM. Thankfully, social media made people aware of their rights.