• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Razorrin

Nov 7, 2017
the HELP Menu.
That's heart wrenching! Good on that anchor and those working on this segment for calling out this blatant and disgusting phrasing. I hope it can continue, this is not the first time Trump made an anchor cry for their family and country, and if we hope to keep people invested in his defeat, it cannot be the last.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
Lord, what did he tweet now?

"Rep, Elijah Cummings has been a brutal bully, shouting and screaming at the great men & women of Border Patrol about conditions at the Southern Border, when actually his Baltimore district is FAR WORSE and more dangerous. His district is considered the Worst in the USA......

....As proven last week during a Congressional tour, the Border is clean, efficient & well run, just very crowded. Cumming District is a disgusting, rat and rodent infested mess. If he spent more time in Baltimore, maybe he could help clean up this very dangerous & filthy place

Why is so much money sent to the Elijah Cummings district when it is considered the worst run and most dangerous anywhere in the United States. No human being would want to live there. Where is all this money going? How much is stolen? Investigate this corrupt mess immediately!"

Projection of bullying and cleanliness criticism. Threats of politicised investigations. False claims of most dangerous. Smearing with out of the blue stolen funds allegations. People who live there aren't human.

Always reserves the worst for minority critics.

Fuchs

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, be best am I right?

I really hope you guys vote him out in 2020.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
It needs to be emphasized that Trump didn't create this dogwhistle, and quite frankly isn't creative enough to do so. This use of "infestation" has existed for decades, perpetuated over and over again by racists, Republicans, Fox News, and alt-righters.

Trump is a byproduct of this society, not an anomaly.

_Karooo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why not just impeach him. Surely this behaviour is not suitable for the office he holds. Sick of this motherfucker.

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
Its been this way blatantly since before 2016 election

before that when he attacked Obama with birtherism or accusing him of being a Muslim... which... is gross in and off itself. As if somehow being a Muslim president in America (he wasnt) is somehow a problem?

Even before that with the racist attacks in New York and inserting himself there

We all fucking knew who this piece of shit was but they voted him in anyway and will continue to support him till the bitter end

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Once again, this is Trump watching Fox and getting angry and tweeting about it:

I don't want to give CNN the benefit of the doubt anymore
What the hell does an individual anchor have to do with CNN's institutional problems as a news outlet? This anchor's reaction wasn't something conjured up by executives.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Trump isn't happy with parts of America? Maybe he should leave?!

Bringing that "shit hole countries" to America cities I see. The comment was fake news though right Trumpers?

Sometimes I feel like crying after watching our president dehumanize millions of Americans too.

_Karooo

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Someone take over fox and friends and talk about Medicare for all and climate change.

BWoog

Oct 27, 2017
Imagine if there was a left version of Fox News that shit all over Alabama and their continuous meth problems.

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
User Warned: Inflammatory Whataboutism
I hope this anchor was this emotional when his own network brought on Richard Spencer.

Edit - I've reconsidered my point slightly, and instead would like to say the following about this anchor:

I'm glad he has the passion and backbone to stand up to trumps horrific statements while so much of CNN doesn't, or worse, while they normalize it.

It's clear this had affected him greatly, and he deserves all kudos for speaking out.

Last edited:

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
what a piece of racist garbage.

that shit was tough to watch and got me in tears now too. imagine being in baltimore and hearing/seeing/reading that shit coming from the fucking president? and it's clear as day ever since the birther bullshit, yet many of these supposed allies in the media as well as in Washington, who are a part of those institutions, are still deathly afraid of calling things for what they are.

and the very idea that the president is a clear racist/bigot should be enough on its own to disqualify him from that office. shit is pitiful. fuck them all.

Last edited:

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
Someone really needs to hammer that Trump takes his orders from Fox News, really get it into his skull and ego if nothing else.

President Rupert Murdoch fits the bill quite nicely. His PR spokesperson is this weird tanned guy who's so damn blunt, I'm surprised he hasn't been fired yet. Appreantly this dude ran a lot of businesses but they kept going bankrupt, so I'm not sure what President Murdoch is doing having this guy trying to take credit for everything. President Murdoch's not even a good politician in the traditional sense either, he's having to bail out farmers directly because of a policy he put in place to help them.

Rolodzeo

Nov 10, 2017
Spain, EU
Trump is a racist psychopath, we all knew that looooooooooooong before this, so, although I understand this man's anger and frustration, this is sadly nothing new.

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Whataboutism? Really? Good job.

Call it whatever you want, but CNN has literally helped normalize the racism and white supremacy of Trump's campaign and presidency. The time for these emotions from CNN was long ago.

Trump's racism and white supremacist comments are awful and horrible, and are absolutely rage inducing for anyone with a shred of humanity, but CNN helped get him here.

Deleted member 56069

User requested account deletion
Banned
Apr 18, 2019
That was hard to watch, I'm not American but I definitely feel a rise of this kind of stupid shit coming to Canada too, Trump and his ilk empower racists. Fuck him.

V_Arnold

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hungary
Call it whatever you want, but CNN has literally helped normalize the racism and white supremacy of Trump's campaign and presidency. The time for these emotions from CNN was long ago.

Trump's racism and white supremacist comments are awful and horrible, and are absolutely rage inducing for anyone with a shred of humanity, but CNN helped get him here.

So just to make sure we are on the same page: no one can call out racism on CNN from this point forward, right?

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Once again, this is Trump watching Fox and getting angry and tweeting about it:

What the hell does an individual anchor have to do with CNN's institutional problems as a news outlet? This anchor's reaction wasn't something conjured up by executives.

So basically Trump watches a Fox and Friends segment then yells at Scavino to make a disgusting tweet about it.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

*CNN Employee has strong emotional reaction to Trump's extreme racism targeted at people like himself*

"But actually, what's really important is that he didn't criticize Jake Tapper publicly for having Richard Spencer on."

This is horrific.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Someone in twitter pointed this out but the reason Trump isn't seen as David Duke is because his racist shit is literally Fox News segments. The country has become numb to that. The Overton window is that far off because of them.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
B-more resident here , so fuck the president and all her Ilk. Some of B-more got problems but its safe as shit to be a random dude in B-more for the most part as long as your somewhat aware of where you are. Also those run down buildings that they keep showing on TV are Old ass condemned buildings scheduled for the most part to be torn down and rebuilt. Its been slow but blocks and blocks of them have been torn down and rebuilt into actual homes for people that are safe for human occupancy.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Someone in twitter pointed this out but the reason Trump isn't seen as David Duke is because his racist shit is literally Fox News segments. The country has become numb to that. The Overton window is that far off because of them.
Country haas has always been this racist.

Alavard

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
*CNN Employee has strong emotional reaction to Trump's extreme racism targeted at people like himself*

"But actually, what's really important is that he didn't criticize Jake Tapper publicly for having Richard Spencer on."

This is horrific.

You realize that making these statements as an anchor, CNN is profiting off them, right?

I just don't like that CNN is in the position of having contributed heavily to this situation, to make a profit, and again, is profiting off the outrage of the very thing they contributed to.

I understand this is a specific anchor, and that CNN is a large corporation. I also understand that not everyone can just pick up and move to another company in their field, but if the company I worked at was promoting white supremacy, I would have to think very hard about my work there, even just as a tiny cog in the larger machine.

Again, I understand that this anchor is just himself, but as he is still a representative of CNN, it angers me watching CNN normalize white supremacy, profit off its normalization, and then complain about it, to generate more profit.

Deleted member 10551

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It needs to be emphasized that Trump didn't create this dogwhistle, and quite frankly isn't creative enough to do so. This use of "infestation" has existed for decades, perpetuated over and over again by racists, Republicans, Fox News, and alt-righters.

Trump is a byproduct of this society, not an anomaly.

This is why all of our effort has to go into making sure the people on the fence in America, they need to see Trump as beyond the pale. We need to keep calling the fascists fascists as long as it takes.

bear force one

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Orlando
You realize that making these statements as an anchor, CNN is profiting off them, right?

I just don't like that CNN is in the position of having contributed heavily to this situation, to make a profit, and again, is profiting off the outrage of the very thing they contributed to.

I understand this is a specific anchor, and that CNN is a large corporation. I also understand that not everyone can just pick up and move to another company in their field, but if the company I worked at was promoting white supremacy, I would have to think very hard about my work there, even just as a tiny cog in the larger machine.

Again, I understand that this anchor is just himself, but as he is still a representative of CNN, it angers me watching CNN normalize white supremacy, profit off its normalization, and then complain about it, to generate more profit.
Wow news industry makes money. Intriguing.

Ecotic

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The lack of basic middle school civics here is incredible. Elijah Cummings is the congressional representative of Baltimore, he's not the mayor nor does he sit on the city council. Of course, Trump probably does grasp that at some level but that can't get in the way of a good insult.

fade

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

Yes, this is the thing to attack rather than the President profiting off inciting the outrage in the first place.