• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Victim blaming is victim blaming. At that point (and even up to now) there was still a lot up in the air and it was wrong of people to cast doubt. That's all there is to it.

Victim blaming has always been against the rules/not tolerated here though.

They should be unbanned.

-2B-

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Sep 23, 2018
I hope he gets charged if this is true.

Ether

Oct 28, 2017
The circumstances and details that came out were immediately suspect. Everything from the 2am Subway run, the bleach, the noose, Maga country, and the letter sent to the news station read like something from a rejected Empire show script.

If he orchestrated this, you better believe he's going to get some jail time over this.

Deleted member 38573

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2018
Hey why stop there why not accuse the NAACP too.

AllVillainousDassie-small.gif

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
This guy is so fucked industry wise probaby.
I feel dumb because I sat there in the OG thread thinking it wasn't random but premeditated. People targeted and attacked him. Fuck this guy.

He probably would have gotten away with it to if he simply said "I was attacked".

That's it, but he said a bunch of shit that raised red flags. Damn.....idiot

Pelican

Oct 26, 2017
Nothing too surprising after the other day.

Now, about them leaks in the Chicago PD spewing water all over the place. As far back as the first days there was a leak of hoax suspicion in since deleted tweets (transparently removed at request of the PD) from Rafer Weigel, Fox 32 reporter. Seems like someone(s) have been spoon feeding the media every step, and the way this all played out is certainly proof of how fantastically awful that makes things.

Cloggerdude

Just tell me what you need.
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The police releasing the 2 brothers is super sus, this story is getting weirder.

What exactly would they be charged with? IF this all turns out the way that it's looking, then did they really commit any kind of crime? Honestly asking. I'm sure there might be something they could be charged with, but I'm not sure what.

Accessories to a false report?

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
If they truly bought the rope it would make them the prime suspects. So letting them go would mean that they gave the police something that would absolve them

Exactly my thinking on this! We would know if they were released on bail, they must have texts or email proof of the deal that exonorate them entirely.

Surface of Me

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Victim blaming is victim blaming. At that point (and even up to now) there was still a lot up in the air and it was wrong of people to cast doubt. That's all there is to it.

This is stupid, right from the beginning this story was a mess. Nothing wrong with having some doubt if it is warranted and this case certainly had some odd stuff about. That being said, I would never berate anyone for believing Jussie from the start considering what POC deal with every day in the US, from law enforcement and regular citizens.

If he did orchestrate the attack, the dumbest part is not hiring two white guys honestly.

Deleted member 42055

Banned
Apr 12, 2018
I'm a gay POC and ,if this is true, I can't even describe the anger and disappointment I'll feel over this selfish POS riding a nuke Dr.StrangeLove- style straight onto our struggle

ntropy

Oct 27, 2017

so it's "wrong of people to cast doubt" when "there was still a lot up in the air" ? LOL OK

rude

Oct 25, 2017
A subway sandwich at 2am in an arctic tundra targeted by trump supporting white guys who for some reason watch empire and know who a black c-list actor even is...Jussie sis...

I waited before commenting in the og thread because any suspicion seemed like it was going to be met with a ban. He's trash if this turns out true, REAL victims of gay bashing are already treated like shit.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
If this is true (and it sounds like it is, but you never know) fuck him for all the real victims out there who already have to deal with people saying they're lying now giving ammo for these people to keep that warped mindset.

I really hope it's not true for both his sake and the other victims out there. But it's not looking good.
This...if he wanted to send a message he could have gathered a bunch of press and did a interview about how thousands are abused constantly. Real victims that people don't give a shit about and shine a light on that. But nah...goes and makes it harder for them.

samoyed

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
People on the left need to stop doing this, it's so incredibly damaging and self-defeating when it's exposed, and it usually is.

This was dumb please ignore.

Oct 25, 2017
But the doubt that was cast may very well have been correct in the first place. Why does questioning a situation have to turn into victim blaming?

Because a lot of the doubt was done in bad faith. One thing to question the story.

Another thing to act like something like this was impossible. Saying "but it's Chicago!" "Who carries a noose in 2019" etc.

Soupman Prime

The Fallen
Nov 8, 2017
Boston, MA
What an idiot, fuck him if true. No doubt hurt a lot of people with this whole event. Hope a conclusion comes fast, because right now everyone is just assuming and speculating.

Arc

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Nice try.

They weren't banned because they were wrong or right, they were banned for victim blaming when all we knew was Jussie had been attacked. Maybe not the best hill to die on.

Is casting doubt victim blaming? The story seemed suspicious from the start. I'm asking as I did not witness the specific bans.

I'm sure there may have been bad faith arguments made that warranted a ban, but a blanket ban for victim blaming if they were merely question the report seems wrong.

Watchtower

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck. I had been hearing bits about this for the last week or so, but thought it was just one of those baseless things that circles around the alt-right net enough times until it's just a base assumption. Vindicates them from a public opinion perspective if true.

Deleted member 32374

Banned
Nov 10, 2017
What a turn.... I didn't doubt bc why the fuck would he make this up? This shit does happen, although not in every city every night, it happens for sure. How often does someone invent a hate crime?

MrRob

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
But the doubt that was cast may very well have been correct in the first place. Why does questioning a situation have to turn into victim blaming?
This is the part I don't understand either. I don't want to be a person who victim blames but I also don't want to just unquestionably believe everything I hear also.

Status
Not open for further replies.