• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 9, 2018
https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/16/entertainment/jussie-smollett-attack/index.html

Two law enforcement sources with knowledge of the investigation told CNN that Chicago Police believe Jussie Smollett paid two men to orchestrate the assault.

The brothers, who were arrested Wednesday, were released without charges Friday after Chicago police cited the discovery of "new evidence." The sources told CNN that the two men are now cooperating fully with law enforcement.

Smollett told authorities he was attacked early January 29 by two men who were "yelling out racial and homophobic slurs." He said one attacker put a rope around his neck and poured an unknown chemical substance on him.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
I hope this isn't allowed to turn into people gloating that they never believed Jussie and they are somehow vindicated or in the right for not doing so.

Deleted member 38573

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 17, 2018
wellthereitis.gif

shady from the second taraji decided to tweet out his music damn near seconds after it happened. willing to put my tin foil hat on and say lee daniels is involved too

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017
The police releasing the 2 brothers is super sus, this story is getting weirder.

rm082e

Banned
Dec 16, 2017
So, about those members who were banned for "victim blaming" when they questioned the original reporting...

May 10, 2018
If it's indeed a hoax I won't be surprised. A lot of people will ask why or for what logical reason but people do stupid and crazy shit all the time, probably amplified when there is money and fame involved.

Joe Budden seems like he was right.

Deleted member 10908

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I just dont get why he would do that? Why would anyone come up with something like this, just to stir shit up?

base_two

Oct 27, 2017
Saw this coming weeks ago. Story just did not add up from the start. It's sad too because this hurts real victims of racist and homophobic attacks when they approach the media for coverage.

There were also hella bans handed down here surrounding doubting the truth of this story, so that's a shame.

RedMercury

Blue Venus
Dec 24, 2017
So, about those members who were banned for "victim blaming" when they questioned the original reporting...
Victim blaming is victim blaming. At that point (and even up to now) there was still a lot up in the air and it was wrong of people to cast doubt. That's all there is to it.
There were also hella bans handed down here surrounding doubting the truth of this story, so that's a shame.
Victim blaming has always been against the rules/not tolerated here though.

Autodidact

Oct 25, 2017
I truly, truly hope not.

I can't even fathom faking this when so many people are victims of racist and homophobic violence.

Storm Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"What members?
birdman2.png
"

Subutai

Metal Face DOOM
Oct 25, 2017
If this is true (and it sounds like it is, but you never know) fuck him for all the real victims out there who already have to deal with people saying they're lying now giving ammo for these people to keep that warped mindset.

I really hope it's not true for both his sake and the other victims out there. But it's not looking good.

Yerffej

Prophet of Regret
Oct 25, 2017
If true, how dumb do you have to be? Hiring Michael Cohen's lawyer too...them optics.

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
My post about this I was going to make in the old thread, before it got locked and discussion moved here.

Probably the same two sources that we heard about many pages ago reported by the local CBS reporter? CNN confirming it certainly lends more credence, though.
Yeah CNN, independently reporting this gives it more credibility to me. However with how the reporting of this story has gone, I still feel the need to give it a few hours to see if the reporting sticks this time. Or if we'll have retractions and be right back to square one again, cause it seems like that has happened everyday with this story. But CNN feels confident enough this time...

How much of an idiot do you have to be to stage something like this and not think it will blow up in your face?

It's the only reason I'm holding on that this isn't a hoax because Jesus Christ dude.
Yeah. That is thing. It'd be SO incredibly stupid to stage a hoax for something like this. It's really hard to believe anyone could be THAT stupid to set something like that up.

Tom Penny

Oct 26, 2017
If it's true I hope his career is over. He's made a mockery of people who actually had these types of hate acts happen to them for real.

Kurdel

Nov 7, 2017

I think when we are still getting information, it's 100% valid to disuade people from victim blaming.

Hindsight being 20/20, I also think the mods do have stuff to discuss here.

TheHolyTurnip

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Tulsa, OK
Victim blaming is victim blaming. At that point (and even up to now) there was still a lot up in the air and it was wrong of people to cast doubt. That's all there is to it.

Victim blaming has always been against the rules/not tolerated here.

But the doubt that was cast may very well have been correct in the first place. Why does questioning a situation have to turn into victim blaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.