• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, OK, if you are a narcistic psychopath who wants to do this kind of shit, fine, I guess.

But how.fucking.stupid. where they during EVERY PART OF THIS THING. The brothers he hired to attack him had the magazine with the pages that were used to threaten him STILL IN THEIR FUCKING APARTEMENT?! They were meeting in front of witnesses A DAY BEFORE?!

Sweet Jesus. What an absolutely moronic piece of shit this is. At least try to be fucking clever while coming up with the most detestable idea possible.

smellyjelly

Avenger
Aug 2, 2018
Honestly, to me, it reads like Jussie most likely knew it was the brothers who were detained by police and part of his plan from the beginning was to feign shock and pity. If reports are true.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
The Brothers need to play two of The Pillar Men in the eventual live action movie of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Battle Tendency.

blackw0lf48

Jan 2, 2019
Trevor Noah continues to be one of the smartest voices of reason on TV

Also side note, but if you're all not following the "Between The Scenes" segments from the Daily Show, you're really missing out. They're impomptu conversations he has with the audience between taping, and it's frequently smarter, more insightful, and funnier than most commentary on TV

And I actually don't watch the actual Daily Show that much. But i've pretty much watched the majority of his Between the Scenes stuff

Here's the playlist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3vm7xmQ37s&list=PLeskMkEaHJYfIUSU8jfEQ45x7qP4_pzl9

If I could I'd post a separate thread about them with some of my favorites, as they're so good

NoRéN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Also side note, but if you're all not following the "Between The Scenes" segments from the Daily Show, you're really missing out. They're impomptu conversations he has with the audience between taping, and it's frequently smarter, more insightful, and funnier than most commentary on TV

And I actually don't watch the actual Daily Show that much. But i've pretty much watched the majority of his Between the Scenes stuff

Here's the playlist

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3vm7xmQ37s&list=PLeskMkEaHJYfIUSU8jfEQ45x7qP4_pzl9

If I could I'd post a separate thread about them with some of my favorites, as they're so good

Too bad the original thread is locked because some of those that are oddly silent now really need to hear this.

Oct 28, 2017
Im not sure if you guys ever listen to the enemy's daily broadcast a.k.a conservative talk radio but those guys are having a field day with this.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Would the feds care that much if you send a fake threat to yourself?
An anthrax scare causes a shitload of dominoes to fall that we don't know about, behind the scenes. Until they find out what the powder is, everyone in the mail system who handled the letter gets tracked down. They will go to their houses and shit to grab them and take them to be tested.

It's a serious shit show.

I know someone who has been through it, it's crazy as hell but they have to do it.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Too bad the original thread is locked because some of those that are oddly silent now really need to hear this.
It was definitely the "This is MAGA country" this that was the red flag. It gets into comical territory. Like the idiot that spray painted "BLACKS RULE" on his driveway.

Trevor trying to catch a ban on here it seems. Really though, he's right, I let my blind rage override any sort of logic process.

LewieP

Oct 26, 2017
Eh I can't get on with that Trevor Noah video.

A healthy degree of scepticism is not at all the same as just latching onto anything that confirms your biases.

I don't think it's particularly constructive to conflate people who would never take the side of someone presenting as a victim of homophobic and racist hate crimes as having the same mentality as people engaging in good faith rational critical thought. I'm sceptical of everything, I don't just believe everything I read and hear about any subject, and in this instance and in many other instances this is often the correct course of action.

I'm happy to believe victims, up until the point where their story is illogical, inconsistent or otherwise counter intuitive. My default position is to believe victims, but when things don't add up, I'm going to use my brain to analyse the facts, rather than just switch off critical thinking entirely just because they have presented as a victim.

Driggonny

Oct 26, 2017
I do think there's a difference between treating Jussie's story as the hardest truth facts that ever truthed and simply showing uncritical sympathy. I literally gain 0 from expressing extreme doubt at the moment the story is told, and I'm not sure what anyone on this board gains other than "I told you so" points later on. Thing is, being wrong on a message board isn't that big of a deal. This story doesn't change my world view of giving potential victims the benefit of the doubt, because all I suffer from this is a sting to my pride. Any actual detectives/police on the case I would expect healthy skepticism in their back rooms, and that's fine, someone has to leave that door open, but not me. I can simply follow the story as it unfolds.

Oct 27, 2017

Here's the playlist

Don't really watch him, but that was some good stuff.

NoRéN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Im not sure if you guys ever listen to the enemy's daily broadcast a.k.a conservative talk radio but those guys are having a field day with this.
how do you find the patience to listen?
They'd just ignore it or claim Trevor is "both sides-ing" it. That was a really good piece by him though.
true.
Trevor trying to catch a ban on here it seems. Really though, he's right, I let my blind rage override any sort of logic process.
Definitely see a post like that catching at least a warning on day one.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island

Here's the playlist

Makes sense, it's where we are at as a country now.

Oct 28, 2017
how do you find the patience to listen?

So I started years ago when my driving commute was an hour plus. I was looking for PBS Radio or NPR and stumbled on some guy named Dennis Prager, who at the time I thought was at least a well thought out thinker even though I disagreed with him. Now i just jump in for 15-20 mins before I'm yelling at these people and turn off the damned thing.

And whoever this guy Larry Elder is needs his ass kicked... He's such a blankety blank.

And I'm a centrist

Vonnegut

Banned
May 27, 2018
Read an article from the Washington Times (I know, it's a poor publication owned by a cult) and it stated that Smollett was sentenced to probation for lying to authorities in 2007.

JJAwiiu

Oct 27, 2017
Uhh questioning those things and doing research should only reinforce the fact that none of those are true... it isn't bad to question.
Agreed. The act of questioning something does not automatically mean coming to a wrong, terrible conclusion. I mean, what's the alternative? Let the media do all the thinking for you?

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Read an article from the Washington Times (I know, it's a poor publication owned by a cult) and it stated that Smollett was sentenced to probation for lying to authorities in 2007.
They got their news from a NBC station in Philadelphia which got news from the LA Attorneys office.

https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com//en...-506058301.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_PHBrand
Smollett pleaded no contest to DUI, driving without a license and providing false information to law enforcement, the L.A. City Attorney's office confirmed to NBC News.

Smollett, now 36, was sentenced to two years probation and a choice of a fine or jail in the 2007 case, an L.A. City Attorney's spokesman told NBC News.

The case is coming to light as Chicago police investigate whether Smollett made up a story about being the victim of a racially, motivated hate crime. Chicago police have requested LAPD provide them information about the 2007 arrest, according to multiple law enforcement sources familiar the investigation.

Mona

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, grows to believe that the earth is flat or that Bush was in on 9/11 or that Kubrick directed the moon landing. Sometimes you shouldn't question and just accept the facts.

giphy.gif

Euphoria

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Haven't read into this story the last day or so and wow.

If all of this is true, he set up a fake attack and then was willing to let two innocent people go to jail for it?

That's straight up evil.

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

Here's the playlist

I was about to say how funny it is that his best stuff so often gets tucked away in the between the scenes segment.

NoRéN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So I started years ago when my driving commute was an hour plus. I was looking for PBS Radio or NPR and stumbled on some guy named Dennis Prager, who at the time I thought was at least a well thought out thinker even though I disagreed with him. Now i just jump in for 15-20 mins before I'm yelling at these people and turn off the damned thing.

And whoever this guy Larry Elder is needs his ass kicked... He's such a blankety blank.

And I'm a centrist
still, that takes a lot of patience, even for a few minutes. I feel like all those radio people start at angry and floor it.
Probable judging by the fact that they found magazines with pages missing that were likely the sources of the note itself.
No. Fucking. Way.

base_two

Oct 27, 2017
yeah heaven forbid someone have an emotional reaction to a possible premeditated racist attack

That doesn't excuse how willing people were to accept the story as the truth without some proper examination of what the details of the story actually was. There should be a separate thread just on that aspect alone, as a bunch of people got canned and shamed for even daring to not rationalize the story due to it not passing the sniff test. Discourse on this issue here was basically not allowed until the later reveal details of the story confirmed the initial inconsistencies and improbabilities of the story.

flkRaven

Oct 25, 2017
That doesn't excuse how willing people were to accept the story as the truth without some proper examination of what the details of the story actually was. There should be a separate thread just on that aspect alone, as a bunch of people got canned and shamed for even daring to not rationalize the story due to it not passing the sniff test. Discourse on this issue here was basically not allowed until the later reveal details of the story confirmed the initial inconsistencies and improbabilities of the story.

Knee jerk reactions like this don't typically lead to bans, where healthy skepticism sometimes does.

Japanmanx3

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta, GA

Here's the playlist

Solid.

Status
Not open for further replies.