• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2625

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Also side note, but if you're all not following the "Between The Scenes" segments from the Daily Show, you're really missing out. They're impomptu conversations he has with the audience between taping, and it's frequently smarter, more insightful, and funnier than most commentary on TV

you weren't kidding. i've been skipping these. thanks ⤴️🎩

Deleted member 28461

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I'm one of the people who believed him, because I couldn't believe someone would be dumb enough to risk their acting career like that. Now I see that he is definitely dumb enough.

okay

Oct 25, 2017
The Brothers entered a grand jury courtroom at 5pm.

He's being arrested tonight or tomorrow

Black Chamber

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
United States
So why is Mark Geragos joining Jussie's legal team? If he is in fact guilty, it seems like an open-and-shut case, so why even bother? What could Mark Geragos possibly do to get him off?

cognizant

Dec 19, 2017
Whole thing is just sad man, just a huge waste of time and effort for everyone involved. Wasted his time and his career, wasted the time of the authorities dealing with this bullshit, whole thing was so needless. I need to know if he really was going to let two innocent people go down for this hoax, because that is some cold hearted shit.

julian

Oct 27, 2017
So why is Mark Geragos joining Jussie's legal team? If he is in fact guilty, it seems like an open-and-shut case, so why even bother? What could Mark Geragos possibly do to get him off?

Some lawyers like the publicity and a challenge. Or there's still something we really don't understand about this whole thing....ok there's plenty we still don't understand.

Shadowrun

Oct 26, 2017

Mark is a defense attorney, and wants money. Does he need any other motivation?

As for Jussie, he needs a good lawyer to limit/avoid jail time.

Tya

Oct 30, 2017
Not the first time Jussie tried to get innocent people jammed up.

LOS ANGELES, California – A California misdemeanor complaint against Jussie Smollett shows the actor was accused of identifying himself as his younger brother in 2007 when a Los Angeles police officer pulled him over on suspicion of driving under the influence.

The misdemeanor complaint filed in Los Angeles Superior Court in September 2007 says that Smollett gave the name of his brother, Jake Smollett, when he was asked by an officer. He also signed a false name on the promise to appear in court. Smollett also was later charged with false impersonation, driving under the influence and driving without a valid license.

Court records show Smollett pleaded no contest to the reduced charge of giving false information, in addition to driving under the influence and driving without a valid license counts. The records show he later completed an alcohol education and treatment program and completed the terms of his sentence in May 2008.

The details of the complaint were first reported by NBC News.

https://fox8.com/2019/02/20/jussie-...ng-police-false-information-in-previous-case/

You have to be a piece of work to do this to someone in general, but to do it to your little brother? Damn.

Deleted member 9100

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How would he make anything from a losing case?

You know that defense lawyers still make money even if their client gets convicted, right?

No legitimate defense lawyer works on a contingency where they only get paid if their client doesn't get convicted.

When Cosby got convicted his lawyers didnt have to return the fees he paid them.

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Lawyer stuff, probaby get his sentence shortened some I would imagine.

This whole case can be summed up with
tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.