• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
Again regardless of whether it's been tested or not I don't believe the consensus is on the "can indict" side and there's little reason at all to believe Mueller thinks it can be done. Maybe he does, but nothing he's said or done suggests any break with traditional thought there.

There is no consensus one way or the other, in fact I'd say the "can indict" looks more favorable. I don't get where you're seeing Mueller following some thought that he can't indict the President. An indictment is only going to come down when the investigation has totally finished, he's yet to even interview the President yet.

Mueller isn't going to announce he plans to indict the President or state he believes a President can be indicted, that would tip his hand. Remember, no one at the DOJ has ever said that Trump was the target of any ongoing investigation.

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK
You're confusing him getting indicted with the administration and Congress respecting and following the indictment. If Mueller finds sufficient evidence of wrongdoing on Trump's part, he will obtain an indictment against him. That is not the "hard" part. After such an indictment is issued it would be up to law enforcement, the White House, Congress, and the Courts to follow through on it. I list Congress as they can make the situation easy by immediately impeaching Trump after being presented with said indictment, but assuming they don't, and assuming the Administration doesn't hand over Trump, then it would go to the Courts which would decide whether a sitting President can be indicted for crimes that likely occurred before taking office.

I don't believe I'm confusing anything, and that's a blind assumption on your part about Mueller. He's always been very pragmatic: even if he finds evidence of criminal wrongdoing, there is no guarantee he will indict. He knows full well what a can of worms that would unleash and it's quite possible that he would elect, instead, to just make his recommendations to Congress and let them take it from there.

But- since we're now dissecting everything to the nth degree, let me clarify what I'm getting at:

- Mueller may or may not attempt to obtain an indictment against Trump - but the end result is pretty clear: it's not going to stick, so what does it matter? The SCOTUS will slap that shit down like flies on a rib roast.
- Dems in the House (assuming they take it back for 2019) may or may not attempt to impeach Trump- but they will do so knowing they have no chance to get the Senate to remove him. It would be a purely political play meant to damage him and the GOP as much as possible prior to 2020.

Anyone waiting to see Trump go to jail or be removed by impeachment is setting their self up for disappointment. IMO- it's extremely lame and tantamount to shitposting to come into a thread like this and remind everyone that "nothing will happen" because it isn't going to immediately land him in jail or put him on the unemployment line. These things are all adding up. They're isolating his base from independents. They're tarnishing his brand and, by extension, the GOP. The Dems are going to have to massively fuck things up over the next couple of years to not be back in charge of both the executive and legislative branches.

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I don't believe I'm confusing anything, and that's a blind assumption on your part about Mueller. He's always been very pragmatic: even if he finds evidence of criminal wrongdoing, there is no guarantee he will indict. He knows full well what a can of worms that would unleash and it's quite possible that he would elect, instead, to just make his recommendations to Congress and let them take it from there.

But- since we're now dissecting everything to the nth degree, let me clarify what I'm getting at:

- Mueller may or may not attempt to obtain an indictment against Trump - but the end result is pretty clear: it's not going to stick, so what does it matter? The SCOTUS will slap that shit down like flies on a rib roast.
- Dems in the House (assuming they take it back for 2019) may or may not attempt to impeach Trump- but they will do so knowing they have no chance to get the Senate to remove him. It would be a purely political play meant to damage him and the GOP as much as possible prior to 2020.

Anyone waiting to see Trump go to jail or be removed by impeachment is setting their self up for disappointment. IMO- it's extremely lame and tantamount to shitposting to come into a thread like this and remind everyone that "nothing will happen" because it isn't going to immediately land him in jail or put him on the unemployment line. These things are all adding up. They're isolating his base from independents. They're tarnishing his brand and, by extension, the GOP. The Dems are going to have to massively fuck things up over the next couple of years to not be back in charge of both the executive and legislative branches.

I think you're the one confused. I never said that Mueller would indict, merely that he has that option. I fully believe that if he uncovers evidence of criminal wrongdoing on the part of the President he will then present it to Congress to discuss the imposition of impeachment proceedings. If Congress fails to impeach, Mueller can very well seek to indict the President on his own and take the matter up with the Courts to decide the matter once and for all.

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK
I think you're the one confused. I never said that Mueller would indict, merely that he has that option.

I bolded part of your previous post where you literally said exactly that. Kinda' done with ya', here.

Again, the brand-damaging effects aren't coming from stuff like this.

Not true at all. Any and every story that points out another inconsistency in his narrative helps. Regardless of the lack of criminal wrongdoing presented by this tape- it's still a secret recording that clearly shows Trump lied about his knowledge of the McDougal payout. It's a story that paints him in a negative light and dominated the news cycle last night. All of these things add up over time. We're seeing the cumulative effects of it.

Deleted member 4461

User Requested Account Deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not true at all. Any and every story that points out another inconsistency in his narrative helps. Regardless of the lack of criminal wrongdoing presented by this tape- it's still a secret recording that clearly shows Trump lied about his knowledge of the McDougal payout. It's a story that paints him in a negative light and dominated the news cycle last night. All of these things add up over time. We're seeing the cumulative effects of it.

A lot of stuff dominates the news cycle. We usually see tangible hits when it comes to policy. That's when people are most upset. That's when people switch sides. I haven't seen something like this do anything.

0VERBYTE

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
So he denied, denied, denied until the cows came home. Now we all have resounding proof. So he has been saying no collusion, no collusion and no collusion. No one should believe anything this thing says. I firmly believe he's a traitor for Russia without undeniable proof.

Deleted member 4461

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have. Already made my case as much as I care to. At this point you're seeking endless argument as much as you are anything else.

No, you have not. I told you that this stuff isn't brand damaging. You're saying "oh, the news cycle" as if it's not all Trump anyways, or "oh, it adds up" but where?

Since you have no specific way that this has done anything or will do anything to him, I stand by the fact that this is nothing.

When some other policy stuff comes up that makes people realize they backed the wrong horse, or he does something particularly heinous, that will be something greater.

Which is what I and others were saying in the first place.

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK

Hmmmm...

Despite historically low unemployment and a booming economy, Trump's job approval is oscillating around ~42%. That's just plain awful given the economic numbers, and it appears that he's going to drag his party down with him during the upcoming midterms unless something major happens in the next ~100 days.

To which you (directly) reply...

This is still showing my point. It's mostly his brand that's being affected, or people around him...

But now you're saying...

I told you that this stuff isn't brand damaging.

So...which is it?

Since you have no specific way that this has done anything or will do anything to him, I stand by the fact that this is nothing.

Stand wherever you like, as long as it's nowhere near me.

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm unsure of how important this is. It seems like something else he'll just be able to sweep under the rug. I mean hell he pretty much already confirmed with the world what happened with Stormy, and none of his base gave a shit as usual.

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK
I'm unsure of how important this is. It seems like something else he'll just be able to sweep under the rug. I mean hell he pretty much already confirmed with the world what happened with Stormy, and none of his base gave a shit as usual.

If you're waiting for something to come along that will affect his base, you might want to pull up a comfy chair.

Deleted member 4461

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmmm...

To which you (directly) reply...

But now you're saying...

So...which is it?

Stand wherever you like, as long as it's nowhere near me.

In that VERY post, I say the sexual indiscretions do nothing. If you didn't cut it for the sake of quoting, you'd see that.

This is still showing my point. It's mostly his brand that's being affected, or people around him. The man himself hasn't been hit by a thing that could lead to indictment or impeachment.

Like, the biggest stuff that has been pinned to him is misogyny and infidelity. That does nothing.

Also, I said:

Mind, I never said a development that would do that by itself.

Developments like this are generally only useful for increasing liberal anger - but hey, that is politically useful.

That said, if you're not expecting anything of new developments, I'd argue you've set the bar too low. I've already seen Trump supporters talk about how his infidelity doesn't matter if he's doing a good job. The man literally switches his story day to day.

You know what has been hurting his brand? The Russia shit. Helsinki. Immigration.

This stuff? Not so much.

That's pretty consistent, if you don't ignore most of my post.

Everything you say in your post is based around the things I mentioned. Russia. Immigration. Stuff that makes everyone upset.

That's what I've been saying to you. From jump.

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK
Everything you say in your post is based around the things I mentioned. Russia. Immigration. Stuff that makes everyone upset.

That wouldn't explain very well why his approval #'s were worse for the back half of 2017 than they are right now on the heels of the ICE/family separation debacle and Helsinki.

That's what I've been saying to you. From jump.

And you've been wrong, from jump. All of these negative stories: the sexual indiscretions, his moronic tweets, his rampant lying, his handling of Russia, the special investigation, Cohen's investigation: nearly every negative story with any substance behind it reinforces to some extent what a complete failure he is. Some more than others, and some for more people than others: but it all keeps the momentum going. They can't all be bombshells- but that doesn't mean that there's zero value there.

Well does this mean anything on a legal sense either? Cause right now I'm not seeing the impact.

By itself- I'd say very little. The real revelation here is that we have documented proof that Trump knew about and ordered the McDougal payoff. A little daily dose of reinforcement that he is almost incapable of opening his mouth without lies spilling out.

Jan 10, 2018
Defeatism should be bannable at this point.

It adds nothing to the discussion and completely derails threads.

At the end of the day, ask yourself, should someone who pays hush money and brutally rapes women be President?

No? Than fight.

Yes? Be a defeatist.

nasirum

Oct 25, 2017
Somewhere
Defeatism is basically saying "I accept my shitty future and will do nothing about it."

Yeah, shit sucks, but if you stop caring, they win.

Deleted member 4461

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That wouldn't explain very well why his approval #'s were worse for the back half of 2017 than they are right now on the heels of the ICE/family separation debacle and Helsinki.

I'd have to look at what happened during that period again.

And you've been wrong, from jump. All of these negative stories: the sexual indiscretions, his moronic tweets, his rampant lying, his handling of Russia, the special investigation, Cohen's investigation: nearly every negative story with any substance behind it reinforces to some extent what a complete failure he is. Some more than others, and some for more people than others: but it all keeps the momentum going. They can't all be bombshells- but that doesn't mean that there's zero value there.

I don't think this really adds anything, though. Not the exact content, anyways. The true value is that there are more recordings. I forget who said it, but this does kind of look like a warning shot. Not particularly damaging, but shows there's more to come.

That's our momentum.

Oct 25, 2017
Norman, OK
I don't think this really adds anything, though. Not the exact content, anyways. The true value is that there are more recordings. I forget who said it, but this does kind of look like a warning shot. Not particularly damaging, but shows there's more to come.

That's our momentum.

Every bit helps- even if only a little. I'm not out to try and make a mountain out of a molehill, here: I'm just saying that molehills matter too, if there are enough of them. You can ask any greenskeeper at a country club and they'll tell you the same.

May 31, 2018
So the Alan guy Trump mentions in the audio...is that the bookkeeper that's been around since Trump's dad was in charge?

Deleted member 4461

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Every bit helps- even if only a little. I'm not out to try and make a mountain out of a molehill, here: I'm just saying that molehills matter too, if there are enough of them. You can ask any greenskeeper at a country club and they'll tell you the same.

I will say - as I said before - at least it helps to keep liberals angry and energized to vote. So we can agree on some positive value.

Sky Chief

Oct 30, 2017
This is all a distraction from the real fucked up shit that Trump is doing

Everyone arguing over the "cash" section, I personally hear him say "DON'T pay cash" but how does that even matter?

Such a distraction, let's talk about the real damage he's doing to the country

OP
OP
RustyNails

RustyNails

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Cuomo has audio forensic expert on his show that examined the file. He worked on audio forensics in court before....he's about to give his opinion.

Edit: The expert concluded that Trump said "So we'll pay with cash"

Water is wet, etc.

MIMIC

Dec 18, 2017
I waited 24 hours after Cuomo's tease yesterday, lol

"We didn't have time to use a forensic analyst"

Me: "WELL THEN GET ONE!"

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Cuomo has audio forensic expert on his show that examined the file. He worked on audio forensics in court before....he's about to give his opinion.

Water is wet, etc.

And fox will get their expert to say opposite.

Paying with cash does not matter. They are both scheming to commit fraud which kills their client privlege, it brings trumps personal accountant into this as well, and oh yeah, there are more tapes.

Everyone talks shit about Giuliani here, but this entire thing is orchestrated to have people arguing over check/cash/who said it versus the two fucktards actually talking about it on a secret recording. Its working very well. This is their attempt to jedi-mind trick the public from actually considering that the president and his lawyer are talking about setting up a shell company, during a campaign, to pay off a actress/get the story squashed. Fraud her out of thinking her story will be published, etc. Even the judge dude on Fox news was saying that this so far isn't a crime, but its evidence of a fraud. However, people aren't even making that connection yet on account of what color the dress is.

HotHamBoy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The recording has no real political weight given who we're talking about, but the recording is very important for investigators because of the leads it creates.

There will be more people ensnared and questioned, more recordings.

Trump, Hannity and others are now sweating because they don't know what other recorsings there are, what names are mentioned, etc.

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017

Water is wet, etc.

Important note is that, as I mentioned earlier, the issue is that the recording cuts out and we don't get anymore context.

Further, Cuomo was very clear to say that "this isn't a verdict. There is no case closed here." Mainly because even though this is the opinion of an expert guest that doesn't mean that someone on a jury for instance won't sit there and truly believe they're hearing something completely different. I appreciate his opinion, and I'd lead toward it. But they were very careful to note that even his opinion doesn't definitively prove anything.

rambis

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This is all a distraction from the real fucked up shit that Trump is doing

Everyone arguing over the "cash" section, I personally hear him say "DON'T pay cash" but how does that even matter?

Such a distraction, let's talk about the real damage he's doing to the country
It doesn't really matter what we decide to focus on. There's a team of blood hounds all over this stuff. If it leads to something then we will find out.

OP
OP
RustyNails

RustyNails

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Oh shit Rudy boy is on Cuomo tonight. Expecting good stuff.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit Rudy boy is on Cuomo tonight. Expecting good stuff.
8257.jpg

Bohemian

Oct 26, 2017
On CNN now: Sources: Michael Cohen is prepared to tell Mueller Donald Trump knew, and approved of Trump tower meeting before it happened.

Don't see it on the website, but it's on Cuomo Prime Time

Oct 30, 2017
Here's the issue, I don't think the meeting has any legal implications YET. This is more scandalous proof he's a liar but Cohen seems to still be holding back the real goods.

Bohemian

Oct 26, 2017
https://www.cnn.com/2018/07/26/poli...-trump-june-2016-meeting-knowledge/index.html

Michael Cohen, President Donald Trump's former personal attorney, claims that then-candidate Trump knew in advance about the June 2016 meeting in Trump Tower in which Russians were expected to offer his campaign dirt on Hillary Clinton, sources with knowledge tell CNN. Cohen is willing to make that assertion to special counsel Robert Mueller, the sources said.

Cohen's claim would contradict repeated denials by Trump, Donald Trump Jr., their lawyers and other administration officials who have said that the President knew nothing about the Trump Tower meeting until he was approached about it by The New York Times in July 2017.

To be clear, these sources said Cohen does not have evidence, such as audio recordings, to corroborate his claim, but he is willing to attest to his account.

OP
OP
RustyNails

RustyNails

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Here's the issue, I don't think the meeting has any legal implications YET. This is more scandalous proof he's a liar but Cohen seems to still be holding back the real goods.
It's clear and direct evidence of collusion in my opinion.

Russia offers dirt on Hillary.

Trump sends his son to get it.