• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
If the word 'murder' isn't in the report then it's useless and disgusting.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. Because the final determination to make sanctions is up to him, and he already has said that it was rogue agents that did it and not SA.

He'll still find a way to say that despite this potential report. Bank on it.

It's either that or "oh he just died talking to them, no big deal".

Deleted member 16657

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

thefit

Oct 25, 2017
They must have been shown the evidence and it was probably someone in the US government that showed it to them and is urging them to admit it pretty much helping them sweep it under the rug before it gets back to why and who in the US knew they wanted to kidnap the reporter. Americans are involved in this guranteed.

Deleted member 3897

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Makes me think that the one politicians Ive heard criticize Saudi Arabia for anything at all is a Norwegian politician on the far left, Corbyn (UK - Labour) and Bernie Sanders.

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
He'll still find a way to say that despite this potential report. Bank on it.

It's either that or "oh he just died talking to them, no big deal".

It depends on the language Saudis use, if they just stick to saying it was a botched interrogation, Trump will just run with that and say "see, no human rights violations!" even though everyone can tell its a farce.

Man I sure could use some Saudi checks and balances right now.

Deleted member 862

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They must have been shown the evidence and it was probably someone in the US government that showed it to them and is urging them to admit it pretty much helping them sweep it under the rug before it gets back to why and who in the US knew they wanted to kidnap the reporter. Americans are involved in this guranteed.
or maybe the Saudis just murdered someone because they're a bunch of murdering bastards. It's not a complicated story.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
"He accidentally fell on our bonesaws and started repeatedly grinding his limbs against them. Oops."

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
Yes cause the Russians want their money unfrozen

Its not that he will be forced but if SA admits that they murdered the guy, Trump is also obligated to execute the law, and if he doesn't execute... that's the crisis
SA is admitting they murdered him under the pretense that it was an "accident." Do you have any idea how many human rights violations we've gotten away with using that exact same excuse?

Trump and the U.S. government as a whole will be more than happy to accept the "it was an accident" narrative and do nothing.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
So I'm sure they'll now be releasing the body back to the family as it was just a terrible accident. After all, it's not like they sliced him up into little pieces. Right?

bionic77

Oct 25, 2017
In reading this thread they decapitated the guy or are people just assuming?

And he was a journalist, why were they questioning and then torturing him? Not that I condone it against anyone but I would assume there has to be a reason and the one that pops into my head was this guy was reporting on some stuff that made them look bad.

Lets see the response from the US but I don't expect much from our government anymore.

Deleted member 16657

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
SA is admitting they murdered him under the pretense that it was an "accident." Do you have any idea how many human rights violations we've gotten away with using that exact same excuse?

Trump and the U.S. government as a whole will be more than happy to accept the "it was an accident" narrative and do nothing.

Yeah, you're right. What bullshit

gutter_trash

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Montreal
giphy.gif

thefit

Oct 25, 2017

Exactly, remember that one of Trumps favorite phrases is "many countries have done worst things, America has done worst things" or something like that whenever he's been boxed in or taking action.

Shadybiz

Oct 27, 2017
Uh, yeah...there will be no retribution. Trump will walk that back. He will say that they "very strongly" said it was an accident, and they said it so strongly that he has to believe them.

He's a fucking coward.

Mulberry

Oct 28, 2017
Kidnapping and accidentally killing a journalist during a harsh interrogation isn't much better than kidnapping and purposely killing a journalist.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
They were just trying to get him to come peacefully so they could take him back and stone him to death.

They were trying to do this the more humane way, They're obviously not monsters.

dem

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
"He left that afternoon! We swear! You can search the place!"

Unbelievable that this country gets away with it

RoaminRonin

Nov 6, 2017
Obviously, authorities are going to ask to produce the body, and when they find out it was chopped up. Than what?

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Trump already gave them an out. If they simply blame the murder on rogue actors then Trump will act like nothing happened and probably blame Democrats while he is at it.

Gaf Zombie

The Fallen
Dec 13, 2017
Hmmm.

Even if we assume they're telling the truth here, a stretch worthy of putting Mr. Fantastic to shame, this isn't your police procedural "tell us who you work for" interrogation. For him to actually die means they were torturing this journalist. i'm not sure how they spin this to make themselves look any better than if they just executed him when he walked into the room.

Blackflag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Spot on and not only that but they are denying it was even an official operation to shield the royals. All lies of course.

Kernel

Oct 25, 2017
Spot on and not only that but they are denying it was even an official operation to shield the royals. All lies of course.

Trump and Douchner have probably spent a lot of time with them coordinating their stories.

I'm sure the Saudis agreed to spend even more at his hotels in the future to make this go easier.

Deleted member 17092

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Trump gonna be like "hey, they admitted. they're good guys"

It's more than trump has ever done. He can't admit or apologize for anything. Even the access tape he walked back on, and that barely qualified as an apology in the first place (classic I'm sorry that people found that offensive).

Netherscourge

Oct 25, 2017
They're going to admit they accidentally killed him after they abducted him and tortured him for information.

Yeah, I'm sure that will help ease relations.