• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GK86

Oct 25, 2017
Link.

Her outfit:

Edit - Color photo:

American Airlines has apologized to a woman who says she was humiliated after being told she couldn't fly unless she covered up her romper.

Latisha "Tisha" Rowe said she and her son were boarding a flight from Kingston, Jamaica, to Miami, Florida, on June 30 when a male flight attendant asked them to step off the plane to talk, her attorney, Geoffrey Berg, told CNN.

A female flight attendant then told Rowe that she would not be allowed to fly unless she covered herself, Berg said. Her thighs and arms were exposed in the strapless romper.

Rowe said the employee asked if she had a jacket, and ended up giving her a blanket to wrap around herself, Berg said.

Rowe, who is African-American, said black women face a double standard.

"We are policed for being black. Our bodies are over sexualized as women and we must ADJUST to make everyone around us comfortable. I've seen white women with much shorter shorts board a plane without a blink of an eye. I guess if it's a "nice ass" vs a @Serena Booty it's okay...," she tweeted.

Both flight attendants are black, according to American Airlines.

"We were concerned about Dr. Rowe's comments, and reached out to her and our team at the Kingston airport to gather more information about what occurred. We apologize to Dr. Rowe and her son for their experience, and have fully refunded their travel. We are proud to serve customers of all backgrounds and are committed to providing a positive, safe travel experience for everyone who flies with us," Gilson said in a statement.

Rowe, a Houston family medicine doctor, said her 8-year-old son "was devastated" by the incident and took the blanket once they were seated and covered his face, Berg said. He was in tears when she checked on him, Berg said.

Last edited:

Lunar15

Oct 25, 2017
I expected something way more revealing. This is fine. Never heard of someone getting pulled aside for a conversation like that.

ElectricBlanketFire

What year is this?
Oct 25, 2017
"a flight from Kingston, Jamaica, to Miami, Florida"

Yeah I'm wearing as little clothes as possible.

Nothing wrong with her outfit.

mentallyinept

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
That is nowhere close to being inappropriate or overexposed dress...

What the hell were they thinking was going to be the response to this if she complained or it made it to social media?

Grym

Oct 27, 2017
Her thighs...and arms?!?! Exposed?!?! My lawdd!!!

Why the fuck would a flight attendant do this? Beyond needing to be arrested for indecent exposure, I don't think airlines really need to be enforcing dress codes on anyone.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
How do some of these idiots get to these positions within these companies? What kind of moron thinks asking a grown adult to "cover up" is a remote reasonable request?

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
Jaysis, that's it?

I was at least expecting a bikini top of something.

This is ridiculous.

Failburger

Banned
Dec 3, 2018
Y'all don't understand. All those married men might break their vows and can't help but jump on her bare flesh!

/s

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I can see a thin white woman with her emotional support Tucan getting away with less fabric coverage than that

Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta GA
Yep it's 100% cuz she's a black woman

"but the flight attendants were black" defense just makes it worse. you made two WOC treat another WOC like that.

Elderly Parrot

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Aug 13, 2018
I'm looking at the picture and I can't tell if her butt is just covered with straps or it's the lightning. I would base my opinion on that factor

Lundren

Oct 27, 2017
I can see a thin white woman with her emotional support Tucan getting away with less fabric coverage than that

Is the toucan scantily clad too?

tuca-bertie-netflix.jpg

Nov 17, 2017
I wonder if this was a situation where the flight attendant just decided her outfit was inappropriate or someone complained which cause them to take that action. I'm inclined to believe the latter just because it seems weird for a flight attendant to care like this.

Yep it's 100% cuz she's a black woman

"but the flight attendants were black" defense just makes it worse. you made two WOC treat another WOC like that.
Yeah, it's not even guaranteed it was the decision of the flight attendants. Even if it was, black people are also susceptible to racist views of black people because we live in a society that promotes it. To say it isn't a race issue because both the instigator and victim were black ignores the societal racism we live with.

SageShinigami

Oct 27, 2017
This what happen when people not talk to mind their own business. You wasted this woman's time for your nonsense and some BS screed about "decency" .

sangreal

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is absurd, especially for a flight from Jamaica to Miami. She is right that it is a double standard and white women can wear whatever they want. This should be a wakeup call to people though, that airlines do have dress codes and there are people that take them seriously on these glorified buses for whatever stupid reason. So far as I can tell, American's is a completely arbitrary "Dress appropriately; bare feet or offensive clothing aren't allowed."

Lundren

Oct 27, 2017
This should be a wakeup call to people though, that airlines do have dress codes and there are people that take them seriously on these glorified buses for whatever stupid reason.

Power. The stupid reason is power over other people. It's like when you work somewhere and the code of conduct specifies only black hairstyles in their "do not" list.

caliph95

Oct 25, 2017
Did someone on the airplane complain about it because it's weird for a flight attendant to really give a shit

Oct 27, 2017
Trump's America. Makes the shitheels crow their racist shit day in and day out. These people need to crawl back into the woodwork from which they came.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Expected a lot more exposed skin. This seems like a wild overreaction from the airline. I have seen much worse.