• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Tapiozona

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Two incidents involving white women were shared and neither of them were more clothed than the lady we're discussing now. That isn't to say anything about those other incidents, but it's pure fallacy to use those incidents to draw conclusions for this one.

The information about the flight attendant race was also added to the OP late, so a majority of people probably never saw that update.
The one a few posts up is definitely more clothed. We can take objectivity out of it if you want..clothing covers a larger percentage of her body.

Fair point on the info being added but even still the persistence of this being a racial issue, even with that knowledge exists in this thread.

Plus all the speculation that the black flight attendants wouldn't have done the same to a similar body type and dressed white woman. Pure projection.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017
giphy.gif

Because it totally is.

StarCreator

Oct 25, 2017
The one a few posts up is definitely more clothed. We can take objectivity out of it if you want..clothing covers a larger percentage of her body.

Fair point on the info being added but even still the persistence of this being a racial issue, even with that knowledge exists in this thread.

Plus all the speculation that the black flight attendants wouldn't have done the same to a similar body type and dressed white woman. Pure projection.
I think in this context it's important to take into account no airline dress code considers anything below the elbows and knees. The woman you're referring to was more clothed only due to wearing long leggings; it's clear from the context that the leggings aren't what got her into trouble, and she certainly isn't more dressed from the waist up.

Lundren

Oct 27, 2017

Get out of here with this bullshit. When the people who are exposed to racism every day point it out, just shut up and listen.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
I was expecting her to be wearing next to nothing, but nah just your daily racist bullshit.

Typhon

Oct 25, 2017
Probably some scandalized old white lady who complained and the crew sided with them for whatever reason cough racism cough.

When will companies learn that you should almost never side with the person that wants someone thrown out/covered up?

Some old lady getting on twitter facebook to complain about having to sit near someone in inappropriate attire doesn't have the same brand damaging viral appeal as someone saying they were forced to wrap themselves in a blanket for just wearing normal clothes or else get kicked off.

These people who work in the service industry have to deal with entitled customers on a daily basis. They're broken from years having to put up with these assholes. For them just complying with whatever stupid request they make is easier than the headache of arguing with them. "The customer is always right" BS needs to end.

GrizzleBoy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I actually opened this thread expecting the lady to have been in the wrong or something.

What a load of crap.

"Excuse me ma'am, you're far too thicc to be wearing that. Please cover that up with this blanket."

I mean, it's ridiculous to say out loud but that's the actual message lol.