• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Burrman

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is a hell of a betrayal. Star Wars and Pepsi products was always the classic brand tie-in.
s-l300.jpg
I collected those when I was a kid. Lol, left them in the attic for years. When I went up there years later they all exploded from the cold. Could've been worth s fortune! :(

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
I fondly remember collecting all of the Pepsi product cans the summer of Episode I. Ahh, memories.

Course, they all got smashed during an accident not worth getting into at my home. But things will be different this time. Oh yes.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So if I go there and take a shit that would be a part of Star Wars canon?

Toilets are canon in the Star Wars universe so yeah?

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Toilet
A toilet also known as a lavatory, was a fixture often found in various buildings, such as private homes and businesses, as well as starships like the Wayward Current, used for the disposal of bodily wastes.[1] After sneaking aboard Rose Tico's and Finn's transport pod to accompany them to Canto Bight, BB-8 was found by Finn in the ship's toilet.[2]

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As goofy as it sounds, yes. The story group has come up with backstory for everything.
They're imitations even in-universe, the same way you can buy fake swords, fake guns, etc. in the real world.
So according to Star Wars canon, there are shops on Battu where people go to build/buy their own lightsaber replicas? And purchase Jedi costumes? And buy 8-inch tall tauntaun toys?

They've essentially just added the concept of a gift shop into the Star Wars canon? I'm not sure if that's ingenious or dumb. Kind of both.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So according to Star Wars canon, there are shops on Battu where people go to build/buy their own lightsaber replicas? And purchase Jedi costumes? And buy 8-inch tall tauntaun toys?

They've essentially just added the concept of a gift shop into the Star Wars canon? I'm not sure if that's ingenious or dumb. Kind of both.

Yes.

Linkura

Oct 25, 2017
They just couldn't fucking help themselves, could they? Even Universal doesn't offer branded soft drinks in WWOHP.

Keywork

Oct 25, 2017
I was actually wondering how they were going to address this. The specialty beverages they have are cool and all, but some kids and adults (myself included) might just want a coke to go with our food and with it looking like you won't be able to reenter GE once you leave for the first few months it would make it implausible to go get a soda and bring it back.

Protip: If you are going to Disney for a few days, invest in a Camelbak or hydration backpack of some sort so you aren't spending upwards of 5 bucks for a bottle of water.

Oct 25, 2017

A gift shop no,
There are separate little vendors selling cloths,
kids toy vendor selling toys designed after the legends of Rey, etc,
900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-4-3-1.jpg

antiquity dealer with Jedi and Sith stuff:
Screen-Shot-2019-02-28-at-1.44.10-AM.png

with
780w-463h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-5.jpg

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-4-2.jpg

scrap dealer selling ships and such toys made out of wreckage,
img_3859.jpg

milleniumfalcontoy.jpg

lastly a creature handler selling "pets"
black-spire-star-wars-galaxys-edge-pet-store.jpg

900w-600h_022719_galaxys-edge-announcements-4-4.jpg

stream earlier revealed a Salacious Crumb pet like the bird dragon things from Pandora.

Last edited:

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A gift shop no,
There are separate little vendors selling cloths,
kids toy vendor selling toys designed after the legends of Rey, etc,

antiquity dealer with Jedi and Sith stuff:

with

scrap dealer selling ships and such toys made out of wreckage,
lastly a creature handler selling "pets"
That's what seems unclear to me......the extent to which these shops are meant to exist within canon. The only one that really breaks things is if there's a dude just straight-up selling lightsabers and Jedi gear.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
Did soda prices stagnante? Now way they were a buck 50 back then
it can depend on a state to state basis

also, sometimes the prices flux with the bottle size

the soda machine in our office used to be 1.25 for a 20 oz bottle, and last year it dropped to 1.00 a bottle, but the bottle size dropped to 16.9 oz

Oct 27, 2017
I was assuming they would rename shit but I guess that would be way too complicated for most people and too difficult to really even explain reasonably without breaking the immersion.

"Can I have a coke?"

"What is coke? Perhaps you mean this refreshing keco drink?"

"Idk, is that a coke?"

"Coke isn't a thing, we have keco."

"Okay but I only want that if it's technically a coke."

*panicks and whispers* "I can't drop my character act or Bob Iger will lash me, for the love of god please take this keco bottle."

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
it can depend on a state to state basis

also, sometimes the prices flux with the bottle size

the soda machine in our office used to be 1.25 for a 20 oz bottle, and last year it dropped to 1.00 a bottle, but the bottle size dropped to 16.9 oz
Dogs don't work in offices, why you got to lie?

Rad Bandolar

Oct 25, 2017
SoCal
swge_blue_milk_and_green_milk_at_milk_stand_1023zs_0174dr.jpg

Sadly im going to try it but 100% going to hate it,
its a plant based milk they said.
personally wish it was a milkshake or something.

From what I read in the local news, dairy wouldn't work too well, and they kind of sound like a daiquiri:

The result was a non-dairy, plant-based milk that will be similar to a soy, almond, coconut or rice milk.

"It's not actually milk," said Scott Trowbridge, the Walt Disney Imagineering creative executive overseeing the Galaxy's Edge project. "If you're walking around Florida in the middle of August, the last thing you want is a heated glass of milk. It's refreshing, delicious and great."

The Blue Milk and Green Milk sold at the Milk Stand will be a frozen-style beverage.

"It's going to have a substance, texture wise, like a smoothie," Koziol said. "Maybe even almost like a milkshake."

Blue Milk will have berry and melon flavors.

"There's essences of some berry combinations that can come through there," Koziol said. "A lot more melony types of fruits."

Green Milk will have tropical and citrus flavors.

"You can think of orange blossom, a little tangerine maybe or citrus elements," Koziol said. "A little more tropical in its essence."