• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexFlame116

Prophet of Truth - One Winged Slayer
Nov 17, 2017
Utah

Call of Duty 2019 is called...

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.

I'm not joking.
I can confirm this is true, and that it's hilarious. The first one was "Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare" so obviously the fourth one is "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare." Video games are absurd

Since you know, a Modern Warfare game that already has the number 4 exists lol

Bold One

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
FynM5nN.jpg

Deleted member 30681

user requested account closure
Banned
Nov 4, 2017
This reminds me of how they wanted to make it so painfully clear,that their next game wasn't going to be futuristic after IW that they called it "WW2."

For fucks sake activision

Bigkrev

Oct 25, 2017
God of War release date: March 2005
God of War release date: April 2018

COD MW release Date: November 2007
COD MW release date: November 2019

Ghost

Oct 26, 2017
It's true. Game is a reboot of the Modern Warfare series, not a follow-up to MW3.

Press and influencers played it this week. It sounds pretty freaking good from what I've heard. New engine and new takes on classic Call of Duty, more realistic. I'm hesitant to say more because they'll show it soon and I don't want to ruin anything, but Call of Duty fans should be excited about what's coming, specially those who feel the franchise has ran a little stagnant.

Deleted member 56449

User requested account closure
Banned
May 3, 2019
I'll take that. Don't know how I feel about Treyarch being behind it after the shitshow called Black Ops 4

OhMyZach

Oct 27, 2017
To be fair, the first 'Modern Warfare' game was Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare. So this will technically be the first game called Call of Duty: Modern Warfare. But if Microsoft can call the third Xbox 'Xbox One' and still do just fine, I think CoD will be okay.

modiz

Oct 8, 2018
From black ops iiii to modern warfare without the 4, does activision just hate the number 4 or something?

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's clearly a reboot... not sure what the big deal is here.

Mbolibombo

Oct 29, 2017
Battlefield 1, Xbox One all over again.

I wonder who comes up with all these brilliant ideas :>

Will be interesting to see the reveal

JediMPG

Avenger
Jan 6, 2019
I'm guessing a reboot that's not continuing the old story? Wonder if it'll have the old characters like Soap and Price if this is the case.

jrDev

Banned
Mar 2, 2018
It's true. Game is a reboot of the Modern Warfare series, not a follow-up to MW3.

Press and influencers played it this week. It sounds pretty freaking good from what I've heard. New engine and new takes on classic Call of Duty, more realistic. I'm hesitant to say more because they'll show it soon and I don't want to ruin anything, but Call of Duty fans should be excited about what's coming, specially those who feel the franchise has ran a little stagnant.
"More realistic" What?

Status
Not open for further replies.