• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
every year someone says "call of duty is returning to its roots!" and every year its a lie, I doubt two people would even agree on what "the roots" are

i enjoy the series and still will likely buy this but activision cares way more about milking microtransactions and doing as little as possible post launch, they do it every single Call of Duty and I don't see them changing that until sales are at rock bottom.

VN1X

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
At the moment. Look at the population graphs for its original launch. It dropped from 16k to 400 in 4 months. It peaked at 4K today. It'll likely be triple digits by end of July
Quake Champions has been on life support for months now and still manages to get me into a match quick. Unless you're in Australia I wouldn't really care about player numbers.

But anyway that's enough thread derailment from me! To each their own.

Last edited:

Shopolic

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Just in time for the build up in making Iran the next enemy 🙄 I want a sequel to Infinite Warfare you cowards.
I expect this too.
We had games like BF3 and SC: Blacklist with Iran as the enemy or movies like Argo, but after JCPOA there weren't important games and movies about these things. Now with this situation, some developers will make stories about Iran in my opinion.

kaospilot

Oct 25, 2017
I know this is a long shot, but Hans Zimmer to be back as one of the composers would be awesome.

He only did the MW2 theme AFAIK the rest of it was by Lorne Balfe. Some real great tracks on there, Contingency is my favorite.

A big problem with the recent PC games is no dedicated server client, there's still servers up for BO1 which are fine

Last edited:

BBboy20

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
As excited as I am for this year, this is just another step in the cycle. We hear this every single year.
Like...gaming didn't exactly get better after MW2. That game's worst traits also influenced many games through out the rest of the 360 generation. Like, the series' highest has been "great" in this post MW2 world. But the FPS has evolved so much, Activision as the way they are, and the exact combination of past talent not being at Infinity Ward...

There was a time when Call of Duty was not some scorned series. Like, the genius that bestowed the FPS genre that was 1, 2, and 4 was so profound that Infinity Ward became this universally liked studio with a universally praised game after 2007 that what we saw and anticipated for it's future was nothing but pure excellence. The whole fucking world was ready for Modern Warfare 2. Jesus, in hindsight, it felt like the actual coming of christ (besides Metal Gear Solid 4 the year before).

Like, I just don't see them capturing lightning in the bottle for the fourth time. I just don't see them reinvigorating what I felt from 2003 to 2007.

mangochutney

Jun 11, 2018
Infinity Ward's games have always had good hit detection. Treyarchs games always kinda felt shitty even the good ones like the first two BO games.
Spot on. IW games have always given a super-tight feeling in the gun play. Treyarch's branch has always been flaky.

Infinite Warfare was a joy to play. Remove jet packs (it did eventually add a 'Grounded' game mode) and for me, it is the best COD game.

Crocodilelogic

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Man I disagree so much. The shooting in Infinite Warfare is better than the 2 CoD's before it and after it. Hit detection is also ace.

Hit detection and netcode was trash in infinite warfare it heavily favored people with high ping and packet loss.

Please tell me how this is ace hit detection lol

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Hit detection and netcode was trash in infinite warfare it heavily favored people with high ping and packet loss.

Please tell me how this is ace hit detection lol

I didn't have those issues with low ping.

Also the game heavily improved as the year went on. So using footage from launch isn't exactly the best evidence.

lol.

Bog

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Makes sense. It's Modern to 2019 now. Last one was Modern but for 2007 or whatever.

Crocodilelogic

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I didn't have those issues with low ping.

Also the game heavily improved as the year went on. So using footage from launch isn't exactly the best evidence.

lol.

I stoped playing since the game was terrible. But yeah that sure was great hit detection for the dude skipping around I guess.

He was like 28-6 or something while skipping around the whole game what great netcode.

I have a netduma and won't even join lobbies over 30ms ping and that's the kinda shit I had to deal with in infinite warfare.

Yet your opinion that the hit detection is amazing is some great proof as well lol.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I stoped playing since the game was terrible. But yeah that sure was great hit detection for the dude skipping around I guess.

He was like 28-6 or something while skipping around the whole game what great netcode.

I have a netduma and won't even join lobbies over 30ms ping and that's the kinda shit I felt with in infinite warfare.

Well I didn't have those issues. Sorry dude, not sure what to tell you since you seem to be set in stone on your beliefs.

I've seen others also really like the feel of Infinite Warfare. I went back to it not long after BO4 came out and I had a great time and it ran great and my matches were on point.

Your using this one video as a seemingly evidence that everyone had the same experience.

@ShenmueGuru

Nov 7, 2017
Literally only care about the MP maps at this point. If it's what we have had since AW, I will finally call it a day on COD.

Playing the MWR maps last night were just an absolute joy. Hoping Alexander and George being back at IW means the maps will be back to being great again.

Robert

Nov 15, 2017
This was posted over on Reddit before quickly taken down and cross-posted into oblivion.

c32c09a7c05c7cd3bde019e3fcb49eec.png

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
can you please link we to what you're referring to?

It's going to feature an entirely new campaign, a huge and expansive multiplayer world, and of course some fun co-op gameplay. But from day 1, what gets me really excited, is every time we've shown this title internally, it just creates a ton of buzz. Now I wish I could tell you a lot more right now but unfortunately you're gonna have to wait, but I think it's going to be really worth it. We can't wait to share with the world.

It should be noted that while both are technically Multiplayer modes, CoD has separated the distinction between Battle Royale and Traditional MP with the latter just being called Multiplayer.

Ωλ7XL9

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait, can't wait to say COD is finally back. Been forever since COD returned to it's glorious days (MW2/Black Ops 1,2).

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
I really enjoyed BO4, but if this new one harkens back to the true glory days of MW1 & 2.....well that would be pretty fantastic.

Is there a specific time tomorrow when we will get the reveal?

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
No battle royale would be a huge misstep imo unless they just plan on expanding Blackout. A Blackout map with classic MW weapons, locations, and characters would be so hype.

Oct 25, 2017
No battle royale would be a huge misstep imo unless they just plan on expanding Blackout. A Blackout map with classic MW weapons, locations, and characters would be so hype.
MW support for Blackout should be easy as hell relatively.
map theme is Chernobyl, include Chrash, Overgrown, Bloc, Vacant, Sub Base, Afghan and Terminal.

reskin current weapons to MW theme,
KN-57 - AK-47
ICR-7 - M4a1
ABR - M16
SDM - M21/M14
Rampart - SCAR
Vapr - ACR
Maddox - SA80
MX9 - MP5
Cordite - P90
GKS - UMP
Saug - MP7, mini-Uzi , Mac10