• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Siggy-P

Avenger
Mar 18, 2018
Should have called it Call of Duty: Modern warfare 2007 and set it in 2007 just to really fuck with people.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
It's true. Game is a reboot of the Modern Warfare series, not a follow-up to MW3.

Press and influencers played it this week. It sounds pretty freaking good from what I've heard. New engine and new takes on classic Call of Duty, more realistic. I'm hesitant to say more because they'll show it soon and I don't want to ruin anything, but Call of Duty fans should be excited about what's coming, specially those who feel the franchise has ran a little stagnant.
Proof? I want to believe you but the other information leak sounds a bit contradictory

Oct 27, 2017
If there's a series not needing a reboot is CoD

Just name the next one with a different subtitle and be done with it, you're not re inventing the wheel here

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't see the issue they need to appeal to a new demographic of children. This isn't even a video game only issue movies do this all the time. Yes it's dumb but is it the end of the world.

In the past 14 years there has been atleast 15 Call of Duty games released. For all intents and purposes the kids have been catered to consistently.

Kthulhu

Oct 25, 2017
Time is a flat circle. TBH I don't know if they'll ever truly be able to do what CoD4 did again.

SimplyComplex

May 23, 2018
Just so I can keep my sanity... People are trolling with posts about parents/kids being confused on what game to purchase, right? It's 2019, not 2007.

All a parent or kid had to do is start v to type "Call of Duty" in Google and I guarantee the newest entry pops up lol.

Besides that, I'm pretty hyped. Aside from Ghosts, I've enjoyed every Infinity Ward title so my hopes are high. Especially if the new engine is real

AzureFlame

Oct 30, 2017
Kuwait
220px-Gowbox.jpg

A1181086.jpg

All over again.

I hate this, just call it 4 god damn it.

Oct 30, 2017
Maybe this is an attempt to turn Call of Duty into longterm GaaS titles:

2019: Launch of "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare". Focus on traditional Call of Duty gameplay.

2020: Launch of "Call of Duty: Black Ops". Focus on Battle Royale / zombies.

-> No new COD titles in 2021 and beyond. MW and BO will get new seasons every few months with big content upgrades. Sledgehammer and other support devs will work on content for seasons to avoid what happened to Apex. Some form of F2P will be introduced.

I could see it happening tbh.

This is exactly what I was thinking except for the third studio. But that makes sense that they may become a support studio. This makes the most sense in my opinion. Each can have a universe that they build upon without getting redundant. Hope this is what they're planning.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
People will still call it Modern Warfare 4 like folks call the reboot of Mortal Kombat "Mortal Kombat 9"

I'm so damn ready for this. I loved Infinite Warfare and since they added those folks from Respawn this year should be really special

EchoChamber

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I can believe in xbox one soon will have
Call of duty 4 modern warfare
Call of duty modern warfare remastered
Call of duty modern warfare

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
You ppl give so much shit about a name of a game lol it really doesn't matter.

I can't wait for this. Been so hungry for a modern era shooter, since Cod and BF have abandoned it for so long

Robert

Nov 15, 2017
Some of you haven't played Infinite Warfare's Campaign, and it really shows. 👀

In all seriousness though, you should be excited about this if you believe in the current iteration of Infinity Ward. What a stacked team.

Uno Venova

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't have to come up with the silly ass reboots and subtitles if you wren't releasing so many sequels everyone looses count.

nuggetgamer52

Oct 25, 2017
While the title is a bit eh, I'm still pretty excited for this. I like most of IW's COD titles, Modern Warfare trilogy was a fun ride, and I've been itching to get back into COD (skipped WW2 and Black Ops 4)

Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't have to come up with the silly ass reboots and subtitles if you wren't releasing so many sequels everyone looses count.
4 Black Ops(ongoing)
3 Modern Warfare(dead since 3 in 2011)
3 pre-MW CODs(dead since 2006)
1 Ghosts(2013 dead)
1 Infinite Warfare(2016 dead)
1 Advanced Warfare(2014 dead)
1 WW2(2017 dead)

How is that hard?

less

Oct 25, 2017
Heh. Amusing title but far from the worst especially as they appear to be going for a soft reboot.

SolidSnakex

Oct 25, 2017
Do people still get joy from this series?

Honestly it is so run into the ground now.

The campaigns are an absolute joy when done right (which is actually most of the time). And Infinity Ward knocked it out the park with Infinite Warfare, so i'm really looking forward to what they do with this reboot.

Oct 27, 2017
So the best CoD ever, Infinite Warfare, sells like shit because general consumers suck, and now we get more boring modern warfare.

Fiel

Oct 30, 2017
Well there maybe another one, modern warfare 2 remaster to join the confusion that this is the sequel of 2019 or not.

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Do people still get joy from this series?

Honestly it is so run into the ground now.

I'm hopeful for this one. Infinite Warfare has a good campaign, and IW has since hired some great high level talent from Respawn including the original map designers for MW1/MW2. The talent is there and I'd love to see them rekindle what was great about the old IW days.

Oct 27, 2017

funky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's more or less dumb then the need for speed hot pursuit naming scheme?

First game. Need for sepeed 3 Hot Pursuit.

The sequel. Need for Speed Hot pursuit 2.

The modern reboot. Need for Speed Hot Pursuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.