• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
https://charlieintel.com/2018/03/05/black-ops-4-products-gamestop/

A tipster has sent us over images from their internal GameStop database, which appears to show new listings related to 'CALL OF DUTY BLACK OPS 4' merchandise.

There's listing in the GameStop system for lanyards, as well as several different listings for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 related t-shirts. The listings currently say that there are 0 in stock.

LQ-tq54V.jpg

If you somehow doubted that the next CoD would be Black Ops 4, well here is more evidence.

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
I'd say end of the month, probably even next two weeks, we're going to get our first promo material leak like we did with WWII.

Says "ETA to WH (warehouse)" is May 1st, probably the day they reveal the game or a couple days after.

Oct 25, 2017
Damn that was pretty quick, I would expect there would be some variation with the title but straight up it's just Black Ops 4

Oct 25, 2017
welp....

I guess Black ops is popular enough for treyarch to not do a new series. I never played 3, but I enjoyed the campaigns of 1 and 2. Didn't bother with 3 because of how unrelated it looked to 1 and 2.

I guess 4 will probably continue whatever 3 did.

ASleepingMonkey

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Iowa
welp....

I guess Black ops is popular enough for treyarch to not do a new series. I never played 3, but I enjoyed the campaigns of 1 and 2. Didn't bother with 3 because of how unrelated it looked to 1 and 2.

Yeah aside from having mentions to the events of 2's overall global impact, it has essentially zero relation to the rest of the series. 3 is kinda eh, I'm not big on it. It tries to be super mindblowing and ends up being ridiculously stupid.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Yeah if it's in the system. We'll probably hear about an even in a week or so and get the reveal by the end of the month. Just hope treyarch learned their lesson about the SP story. There's no need to try so hard, especially when you can't pull it off writing wise.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they go back to the Cold War. Black Ops 3 was my least favorite of the series.

Hopping_Mad

User banned for use of alt account
Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Australia
Still cant believe how badly they fucked up blops 3 campaign. You got chris meloni AND you made a great blops 2 campaign with multiple endings.

Nov 8, 2017
I hope they go back to the Cold War. Black Ops 3 was my least favorite of the series.

Black Ops 3 had a terrible campaign, both from a gameplay perspective and from a story one. The story at face value was nonsensical and then the "twist" that requires you to freeze frame mission briefing text crawls and read reddit posts boils down to "it was all a dream". Jesus Christ.

billysea

Banned
Nov 18, 2017
I like how this franchise can break off into so many standalone series, and for some series (like this one) we already reach the 4th game already lol.

Oct 27, 2017
So is Black Ops just the title they'll be using for Treyarch releases? I say this because despite Black Ops 1, 2, 3 all have the same series title, they all feel very different in many aspects outside of a few similarities.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Between this and the new BO3 update, is it safe to expect some sort of announcement sooner rather than later?

Dr. Caroll

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So is Black Ops just the title they'll be using for Treyarch releases? I say this because despite Black Ops 1, 2, 3 all have the same series title, they all feel very different in many aspects outside of a few similarities.
Black Ops 2 is a sequel to Black Ops featuring many of the same characters. Black Ops 3 only has tenuous links to the earlier games but Black Ops 2 is a straight follow up.

Falconbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buffalo, NY
Between this and the new BO3 update, is it safe to expect some sort of announcement sooner rather than later?

I wouldn't count on it too soon. They usually do a reveal trailer beginning of May during the NBA playoffs.

EDIT:

• WWII - April 26
  • Infinite Warfare - May 2
  • Black Ops 3 - April 27
  • Advanced Warfare - May 1
  • Ghosts - May 21 (a bit later in May, shown during the Xbox One reveal)

Milk

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Black Ops 2 is a sequel to Black Ops featuring many of the same characters. Black Ops 3 only has tenuous links to the earlier games but Black Ops 2 is a straight follow up.
And Black Ops in itself takes place in the same universe as World at War, and in some ways is a direct sequel to it.

Crazy that with this release, the Black Ops universe will be ten years old.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Goddamn is it that time already? I still have a copy of WWII I haven't touched yet.

Deleted member 4260

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If this is like Black Ops 1 or 2 then I might get hyped for this. Loved the MP for those games a ton.

DaiJyoubs

Oct 25, 2017
I was really hoping that we would see something new from Treyarch but BO4 is fine I guess. Treyarch is the dev that actually makes COD games interesting for me so no matter the name, it's probably gonna be a good time.

gordofredito

Banned
Jan 16, 2018
Sweet. Gimme that sweet Black Ops 4 Hardened Edition for the Switch, too.
ofc the first comment had to be asking for a Switch port...

anyways, Activision are quite predictable so I don't think anyone is too surprised by this. Wonder if they will keep going sci fi or if they're adding their spin on WW2 kinda like what BLOPS originally did, except I think it was the Cold War

Darkmaigle

Oct 25, 2017
Call of duty marketing campaign usually starts during the NBA playoffs. Should be seeing it soon.

breakfuss

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Treyarch remains my favorite CoD dev but Black Ops 3 was allllllll kinds of stupid lmao.

U Know Me

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A modern boots on the ground call of duty is what I wanted not WW2. Hopefully this is a sequel to black ops 2 because black ops 1 and 2 are in my top 3 COD's of all time. Hopefully they bring back some classic maps that aren't DLC.

Buttonwalls

Oct 28, 2017
welp....

Black Ops 3 was never supposed to have anything to do with WaW, Bo1, and Bo2. They just kept the name because it would sell. I heard a while back that this would be the last Black Ops game, but Activision/Treyarch is probably going to slap on Black Ops 4 to this year's COD to sell more copies.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I buy every Cod, but I'm going to be so disappointed if this isn't boots to the ground like the first black ops.

After the shit mindfuck campaign that was in the third game, I hope they took the opportunity to ignore supernatural / sci-fi shit