• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
OP
OP
Kalentan

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Too little too late for me. All really good changes that should have been there from day 1.

It really does seem like Condrey was ultimately holding the game back. A lot of great changes have been made since his 'promotion' came about.

With there still being 3 DLC left I'm still happy to see these being made.

OP
OP
Kalentan

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
But can I have a silencer on any weapon I want with any division I want?!

Yes and no.

Any division can have silencers.

But silencers still can't be used on Rifles, LMGs, and Snipers. However they did add the ability to put them on pistols.

So you can run a full stealth build now with mountain division.

Deleted member 16849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I felt WW2 was the best multiplayer COD since BO2 but the Division limitations killed my interest quickly. These changes sound great.

myzhi

Oct 27, 2017
  • Sniper Sharpshooter Duration Buffed
    • Hold breath increased to 10 seconds from 4 seconds. Promotes using snipers the "proper" way rather than quickscoping.
Sure, this will lessen quickscoping...

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Obviously I'll have to play with the new update before I can judge properly, but the new Armored Divisions sounds extremely unbalanced. Taking significantly less damage from explosives and fire is great, and on top of that it makes you completely immune to shell shock and tactical grenades, gives you a significantly reduction in flinch when you get shot and extra bullet penetration through objects is very nice as well. Especially with everyone now being able to equip a lethal and tactical this just sounds very powerful.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Wow. Maybe I'll check it out once it gets to bargain levels. The limitations of Divisions really killed my interest, especially after how customization-friendly Infinite Warfare was. The CoD cycle is real though. WWII is getting backlash, and--on at least the CoD reddit--Infinite Warfare is getting a positive reappraisal.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Obviously I'll have to play with the new update before I can judge properly, but the new Armored Divisions sounds extremely unbalanced. Taking significantly less damage from explosives and fire is great, and on top of that it makes you completely immune to shell shock and tactical grenades, gives you a significantly reduction in flinch when you get shot and extra bullet penetration through objects is very nice as well. Especially with everyone now being able to equip a lethal and tactical this just sounds very powerful.
Lethals had their damage nerfed, and tacticals had their duration nerfed. Shell shock and "earthquake" are being reduced as well. So it's a nice package for survivability, but we'll have to see if it was crutch.
For me, Mountain is going to be the new hotness. Being able to combo the Undercover effect and Lookout is going to give first shot advantage almost every time.

IvanSlavkov

Oct 27, 2017
Bulgaria
Unlimited run for all divisions.?!? Now Airborne will become obsolete. I liked that if you play Airborne you can storm the other team quicker than the rest of the divisions. Let's see what are the skills that will be added in place, as this may break the game for me.

Deleted member 21709

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
It launched with 9 maps that were mostly meh, atrocious gun balance and horrendously laggy servers. Too little too late, it's fucking April.

They have already made a lot of QOL improvements, had some fun events with great drops, added free maps and dropped a great map pack (with most of the maps hits).

I haven't had any lag issues in a long while, and have no issues with weapon balance right now.. :/

Unlimited run for all divisions.?!? Now Airborne will become obsolete. I liked that if you play Airborne you can storm the other team quicker than the rest of the divisions. Let's see what are the skills that will be added in place, as this may break the game for me.

Yes, that's strange. :(

I guess it is good that Primed will be made obsolete, it was the only modifier I used.

Nome

Designer / Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Airborne still has a higher sprint speed over time (it ramps up).
There's also the Energetic perk, which increases your sprint speed.

myzhi

Oct 27, 2017
Lethals had their damage nerfed, and tacticals had their duration nerfed. Shell shock and "earthquake" are being reduced as well. So it's a nice package for survivability, but we'll have to see if it was crutch.
For me, Mountain is going to be the new hotness. Being able to combo the Undercover effect and Lookout is going to give first shot advantage almost every time.
Mountain has always been the hotness. Sound whoring is big time. Add bonus, anti UAV.

Deleted member 1074

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
wow holy shit this is out of left field they are finally taking steps in the right direction here.

Calverz

Oct 28, 2017
This is pretty big. I hit prestige 3 back in january and i was done with the game. Rinsed it. It just didnt have same customization as blops 3 (which i hit 8th prestige in). This has me pumped. Its essentially going to change how MP plays out now. So many good changes like infinite sprint and not locking launchers to a stupid basic training.

Calverz

Oct 28, 2017
Eh no....sprinting is being made slightly slower. But with airborne you run quicker. Combine this with airbornes added new skill, shoot while sprinting and diving, airborne will still be the fast class. If anything, its become even better now.

HououinKyouma

The Wise Ones
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, not bad, not bad. Probably a little late for me though.

Sidebar, did they ever explain why they removed the ability to download emblems created by other users? Thought it was a bug at first, but now it's clear it's a removed feature.

SheriffMcDuck

Oct 27, 2017
What is your problem with the game? I think it has been great.
9 maps(of the 9 only 3-4 are good), bad post launch support up until this point, crap sprint-out times making smg's a lot weaker than they used to be/should be in my opinion, weak class customization, health regen at launch was brutal, first map pack had 2 new maps and a remake.

That's most of my gripes, and a lot of them are being addressed in this patch! Yay! But I haven't played the game in 6 weeks and I'm not going back.

The game isn't bad by any means, but it didn't hook me like previous entries (pre Advanced Warfare) did. It felt like it got more repetitive, more quickly for me.

OP
OP
Kalentan

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
The only change I don't like is the lack of more starting ammo for Infantry. Big reason why I ran it.

Tomash

Oct 25, 2017
first map pack had 2 new maps and a remake.

1 new map, 1 remake and 1 "flip"(mirrored map). Valkyrie is a flip of Detroit from Advanced Warfare. In the next pack they're flipping Raid from Black Ops 2. They also have a flip among the launch maps, Gibraltar is based on flipped Summit from Black Ops 1.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Might need to pick up this game now when it's on a deep sale

Kenjovani

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Between WWII and Destiny 2 I feel there's a good lesson here in not trying to fix things that aren't fucking broken.

I seriously agree. There's a way to add better things without changing what works and just building on it. Some of the choices you see nowadays just don't make sense.

Also im tired of seeing features touted that never make it for example in blk ops 3 i believe the ability to "share" customized gun skins never happened. In Ww2 there is also something thts suppose to come but still hasnt. I know not wanting those shared things to cut into micro transaction profits but damn dont announce it then.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I'm relieved that launchers are usable without a basic training now. That was agonizing. Now I can equip them on my fragging classes without worrying about recon planes marking me.

The greater CoD fanbase hates it whenever it's brought up, but I do have to say that the UAV/RP is the most powerful streak in the series. The one time it wasn't was in Ghosts, where it was a deployable system that only marked people you could visibly identify. I honestly wish that's how it worked in every CoD game. But until then, rocket launchers.

I'm not even trolling when I say I miss jetpacks.
I still play BO3 semi-regularly. However, R6 Siege and Fortnite have taken up the two slots for my go-to competitive games.

-Pyromaniac-

Oct 25, 2017
Great changes but definitely late in the game considering the obviousness of some of these. Did they really not know everyone would use primed?? lol

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Um this is kind of awesome, I played aot when it came out and purchased it digitally so I can always redownload it in case they decided to do something like this.

All I need to know now is, is the BAR still the best assault rifles or did that meta change?

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
Um this is kind of awesome, I played aot when it came out and purchased it digitally so I can always redownload it in case they decided to do something like this.

All I need to know now is, is the BAR still the best assault rifles or did that meta change?
It's pretty much a toss-up between the BAR, STG and Volkssturmgewehr (DLC weapon)

SheriffMcDuck

Oct 27, 2017
1 new map, 1 remake and 1 "flip"(mirrored map). Valkyrie is a flip of Detroit from Advanced Warfare. In the next pack they're flipping Raid from Black Ops 2. They also have a flip among the launch maps, Gibraltar is based on flipped Summit from Black Ops 1.

Even worse. Poor showing in the map department for sure.

DaciaJC

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Unlimited sprint?! Ugh. I had some respect for Sledgehammer for trying to rein in the pace a teensy bit with WWII, move the series a little more towards the old-school titles, but I guess no longer. What a shame.