• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

MidnightRain

Oct 25, 2017
US
vOzW578.jpg

cK8Bovg.jpg

• Genre: Otome Visual Novel
  • Players: 1
  • Developer: Otomate / Idea Factory
  • Publisher: Aksys Games
  • Platforms: Playstation Vita (PSTV compatible)
  • Release Date: March 30th (North America), April 3rd (Europe)
  • Availability: Physical & Digital - North America & Europe
  • ESRB: T for Teen
  • Price: $40 (North America)
  • Language: English
  • Audio: Japanese
  • Direct links: NA PSN - EU/UK PSN
Other Releases
GSr8FXP.jpg

Code: Realize ~Bouquet of Rainbows~
  • Contains Code: Realize ~Guardian of Rebirth~ & ~Future Blessings~
  • Platforms: PS4
  • Release Date: March 30th (North America)
  • Price: $50 (North America)
  • Direct links: NA PSN - EU/UK PSN

pUz1qak.jpg

nmLN1DR.jpg

Xmg9HRj.jpg

31szAEl.jpg

ivSCZil.jpg

fxOMAlM.jpg

8P5njbY.jpg

17i0EEv.jpg

c7r5bWI.jpg

Tk1AFQ4.png

Code: Realize ~Future Blessings~ Website
Code: Realize ~Bouquet of Rainbows~ Website

JKuCn3n.jpg

Special thanks to Aksys and the Otome Community!
Thanks ShyMel for suggesting the OT title.

Saphirax

Oct 25, 2017
I ordered the ps4 version so I get to replay the base game before diving into the FD. Too bad it'll take two weeks to arrive.

Nice OT, btw! :D

Edit: You posted this in the wrong section. Too early for this to be in the hangouts :P.

ShyMel

Oct 31, 2017
Looks amazing! I will start on one of my copies when I get home from work today.

Deleted member 12186

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I actually enjoyed the story, don't know about the 2nd game. Might check out if it gets cheap enough.

pariah164

Oct 25, 2017
Niiiiice OT. Once I fix my Vita so it can connect to the damn internet again, I'll finish downloading.

Deleted member 4434

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lovely OT! Can't wait until my copy arrives, hopefully tomorrow!
My Vita is ready ~( ̄▽ ̄~)

EDIT: Well forget about tomorrow, they pushed it back to the 13th (눈_눈)

Last edited:

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
My favorite otome cast back at it again.

Only played a little bit of Saint so far but it feels like I'm back home again : D

Shizuka

Oct 25, 2017
If anyone knows of a store that ships worldwide selling the limited edition, lemme know.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know the best route order this time? I can wait a bit for people to figure it out, I guess, since I probably won't start till the middle of next week as I want to get a bit further into Chaos;Child first. I've barely started that and don't want to abandon it for a while when I'm only at the very start, since this is much easier to play during my commute(/PAX lines) and will be getting a lot more of my time in the near future as a result.

I did Impey -> Van -> Fran -> San -> Lupin in the original and was really satisfied with that order, for what it's worth.

Xita

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Anyone know the best route order this time? I can wait a bit for people to figure it out, I guess, since I probably won't start till the middle of next week as I want to get a bit further into Chaos;Child first. I've barely started that and don't want to abandon it for a while when I'm only at the very start, since this is much easier to play during my commute(/PAX lines) and will be getting a lot more of my time in the near future as a result.

I did Impey -> Van -> Fran -> San -> Lupin in the original and was really satisfied with that order, for what it's worth.

I'm not sure if there is a certain route order this time since you can just pick from everybody instead of getting locked into one thing after a common route. I don't think their stories connect as much here.

pariah164

Oct 25, 2017
Finally downloading.

I think I'll go Van > Fran > Impey > Lupin > San. Least fave to most.

Also, has a walkthrough been posted for this yet?

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Finally downloading.

I think I'll go Van > Fran > Impey > Lupin > San. Least fave to most.

Also, has a walkthrough been posted for this yet?
I don't even know if there are choices. Most of the "routes" are just after-story affairs I think.

EDIT

van afterstory: it should be illegal for van to be this moe

Last edited:

TheMathyFolf

Oct 27, 2017
I've downloaded it for Vita, running into an issue with Saint-Germain after story, getting a black screen after the first scene. Anyone else getting this?

EDIT: I redownloaded it, that fixed it.

Last edited:

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Oh nice, didn't know about this! Really enjoyed GoR on the Vita. I'll definitely consider getting this, too, as I'd really like to know how the overarching plot will play out.

Fran is da man.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
I thought the anime was just ok, is this VN any better? Might check it out if so.

Haven't seen the anime, but the VN is wonderful, so you should defenitely check it out.

If the anime only adapted one route, it totally missed something I thought was excellent about the original game- the way the common route ties to each character route, and then they all tie to the final route.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Cleared all the afterstories. They were all good, but Victor's and Saint-Germain's were particular standouts.

Started on the extra story that takes place during the common route, it's fun so far.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Finished.

The Finis route was way, way better than I expected. Like, I expected to be bored with it or hate it but it was straight up just really good. Highlight of the fandisc and quite possibly my favorite route overall now even including all the ones from the base game. All the afterstories were good with the Victor and Saint-Germain ones being particular standouts, and the Sholmes route and common route sidestory were pretty fun, but the Finis route was worth the price of admission all on its own.

Really hope Aksys announces the second fandisc at AX, even if the Vita is gonna be even deader by then.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Finally started it today; went with the Lupin's Gang common route story first. Not sure if I'm gonna do Finish + Sholmes after or do the continuations (in the order I played the original game) before those two.

It's only been 3/4 of a year since I played the original but it feels so good to be back in this world with this cast, which I really needed this week. I immediately love how much the new characters just like... do not know how to deal with Cardia and the existing cast, it's great.

One thing though: they seemingly changed the font compared to the original (I checked my screenshots), which would be fine, except for that opening quotation mark. Instead of a vertical quote (I don't know the term?), there's a direction, but both the opening and closing quote face the same direction, so all dialogue looks "like this" and it's really fucking with me.