• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
cfd1d33b-7cdb-4dea-beff-42b6e1650473.jpg

Throughout its pre-release promotion campaign, Code Vein has consistently garnered positive reactions from both media and consumers alike. With this knowledge in-hand, Bandai Namco Inc. has made the decision to dedicate additional time to further develop Code Vein; ensuring the final product delivers on the expectations set amongst media and fans.

—Bandai Namco Entertainment America

"Code Vein has received an enormous amount of positive feedback from eager fans who have received hands-on time with in-development versions of the game over the past nine months," said Eric Hartness, Vice President of Marketing for Bandai Namco Entertainment America Inc. "Armed with knowledge of how well the game has already been received, we made the decision to postpone the release of Code Vein to further refine its gameplay in an effort to exceed the expectations fans already have of the title. It was a difficult decision to make, but we feel it is the correct one."

—Bandai Namco Entertainment Asia

"We are thankful to Code Vein fans for giving us a huge positive feedback on the development versions of the game for the past months, as a result of the overwhelming support from the fans, we decided to postpone the release of Code Vein to further refine the game and hope to exceed fans' expectation." said Rainel Tan, General Manager at Bandai Namco Entertainment Asia. "It is a difficult decision, but we hope that once the fans gets to play the final version, they will agree with us that this decision is a right one!"

Venture into the post-apocalyptic land of Code Vein and uncover its secrets. Players will be able to craft their own unique character and customize their experience by equipping numerous weapons, items, skills, and gifts to accommodate their favorite fighting style or gain a competitive advantage against impossible odds. Various A.I. controlled partners will also be on-hand to explore the interconnected world with their own specialized attributes and personalities.

https://gematsu.com/2018/07/code-vein-delayed-to-2019#3JR5QwjJTpwbBB5h.99

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Phew, hopefully early 2019 when it's not yet that crowded. I might even get this day 1, September is just a BLOODBATH.

Nov 4, 2017
Probably a good idea. This game looks fun enough for me to get. But it was going to get swallowed up in September.

They should put out a demo or a beta this year like Nioh did, and use the extra time to tweak a few things.

chobel

Attempting to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Let me guess, February 22nd?

Daouzin

Oct 28, 2017
Arizona
Woooooooow!

Super Bummed!

I was really looking forward to this, especially after playing it at E3. It definitely needed more time in the oven, but man, I was totally ready for it.

Noire

Oct 25, 2017
For the kind of game it's trying to be it's probably for the best. September is crazy with a ton of other releases anyway.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
There's a much better chance of me picking it up now that it's outta september, so it could be for the best.,

OP
OP
Kenzodielocke

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Are all these game publishers gonna shit their pants when RDR2 announces the delay to early 2019 I wonder?

CielTynave

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I guess this is good since it means it won't get lost in all of the releases that are coming in September, but fuck, this was actually the only game I was getting that month lol. Well, I guess unless TWEWY comes out for us at the same time as the release.

Guess this means I have to go a bit longer without that sweet Go Shiina OST.

Oct 25, 2017
I'd probably skip it if it came out around that time, and well if this is to make the game better then that's even better.

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Honestly that's a good idea.

Stacked year and it was still looking a little rough around the edges.

Lnds500

Oct 27, 2017
The press releases don't mention any dates though... Where are they getting 2019 from?

Falconbox

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Buffalo, NY
What is coming out in September that everyone keeps saying it's so full?

There's Spider-Man and Dragon Quest 11 at the very beginning of the month and Shadow of the Tomb Raider a week later.

Trace

Oct 25, 2017
Canada

There's Spider-Man and Dragon Quest 11 at the very beginning of the month and Shadow of the Tomb Raider a week later.

DQ11, Spider-Man, Shadow of the Tomb Raider, Spyro Trilogy, Valkyria Chronicles 4, Life is Strange 2, TWEWY Switch, DBFZ for Switch, and Destiny 2 expansion

Nov 4, 2017

It's multiple games that all appeal to the same audience.

Valkyria Chronicles 4
Dragon Quest XI
Soul Calibur VI in October
Fist of the Northstar in October

It just seems weird to put out 5 semi-niche Japanese games all on top of each other. And then Resident Evil 2 and KH 3 in January. And this isn't counting some of the blockbuster western titles.

It's just lower odds that people can buy 5 games. So inevitably it will suffer.

Deleted member 1839

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Something to had to give and I guess it was this game, but now it's probably gonna move to another crowded spot next year.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's one hell of a delay, at least 3 months if not longer.

Shoshi

Banned
Jan 9, 2018
Reason: They had to change that Bloodborne Amelia or else Fromsoft second class lawsuit ;)

ShinySunny

Banned
Dec 15, 2017
I am actually glad.
So many games from Sept-Dec that I won't have time to play them until end of Spring 2019 tbh.

ghoulie

Oct 28, 2017
Damn, really looking forward to playing this, but with so much else coming out the rest of the year I don't really have a problem with it.

CrazyAndy

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
January only has Resident Evil 2 and Kingdom Hearts 3 so far so hopefully January. February is already too crowded.