• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
I don't know how I missed it but I just watched the lvl 1 pipe Queen's Knight fight from Peradam

Madness. I feel so inadequate now. Lol
Haha thanks, I finished another one earlier but this time without gifts or passives, just pipe and combo drain. It might not look it but this was a lot more difficult to accomplish:

This was more challenging than my other attempt because you really need to manage stamina. Drain can only be used safely after certain attacks and usually with max stamina only, just to allow for a dodge to escape. You also need to count the number of attacks until he staggers in the first phase to maximise drain opportunities too, and you obviously don't have buffs, venom, shifting hollow, etc. to rely on.

I wanted to wear Blue Hounds for Eleanor's fashion (from Tales of Berseria) but Night Claw's drain attack deals the most damage and, as it has a quicker animation (I think?), allows for more opportunities to use drain attacks with less risk. The pipe gains the highest attack rating with the Prometheus blood code, which also grants more stamina; compared to other quick mobility blood codes - Fighter and Ranger - Prometheus allows for one extra dodge or attack with a full stamina bar.

But don't feel inadequate lol, it takes many attempts and I'm sure many players would be able to do it too if they could be bothered with the trial and error + time commitment.

Deleted member 25870

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Haha thanks, I finished another one earlier but this time without gifts or passives, just pipe and combo drain. It might not look it but this was a lot more difficult to accomplish:

This was more challenging than my other attempt because you really need to manage stamina. Drain can only be used safely after certain attacks and usually with max stamina only, just to allow for a dodge to escape. You also need to count the number of attacks until he staggers in the first phase to maximise drain opportunities too, and you obviously don't have buffs, venom, shifting hollow, etc. to rely on.

I wanted to wear Blue Hounds for Eleanor's fashion (from Tales of Berseria) but Night Claw's drain attack deals the most damage and, as it has a quicker animation (I think?), allows for more opportunities to use drain attacks with less risk. The pipe gains the highest attack rating with the Prometheus blood code, which also grants more stamina; compared to other quick mobility blood codes - Fighter and Ranger - Prometheus allows for one extra dodge or attack with a full stamina bar.

But don't feel inadequate lol, it takes many attempts and I'm sure many players would be able to do it too if they could be bothered with the trial and error + time commitment.

Thanks for the encouragement. Your last run was amazing. The patience that must have taken...

Kind of a silly question, but has anyone tried remote play on Vita? The layout is perfect when using the HORI L2 / R2, L3 / R3 shell. I had one of those sessions where the stars aligned and the connection was stable enough that I could play through the first area.

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
TGS live stream archive.

Edit: Apparently it wasn't anything to get excited about. It looks like they showed nothing new with gameplay. No announcement for the update to the current demo as far as I can tell.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2834

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just finished the demo and I absolutely loved it. Aside from the fact that all women looked like strippers, and the framerate issues on PS4 Pro, I was completely convinced by this demo. Not sure if I should get the Pro or PC version, but either way, I'm honestly pretty enthusiastic right now. This was fantastic. It's exactly what I need.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
I could swear this demo was in HDR but now when I start it up HDR isn't triggered. It was just me imagining shit huh?

Swiggins

was promised a tag
Apr 10, 2018
I'm not sure about lower levels, but you can fuck off and just body stronger enemies with plasma over the mid 20s.

Aset will likely get nerfed or we won't set it until late into the game. It's ridiculously overpowered.
Shit reminds me of Lightning-Spears in Dark Souls 2 vanilla before they got patched into oblivious. Absolutely destroys pretty much everything in the game and then some.

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Shit reminds me of Lightning-Spears in Dark Souls 2 vanilla before they got patched into oblivious. Absolutely destroys pretty much everything in the game and then some.
No way it's going to be like this in the final game. Just destroyed the Knight again. Plasma shot hits harder than my lvl 3 hammer. This is hilarious.

Deleted member 17952

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I love the character creator and the character model and texture are amazing, but the combat is garbage. I wish this was in a better game that isn't trying to ape Souls combat and futilely failing at it.

I'm undecided if I'm picking this up. Does it have Japanese VA at least? The English dub is downright horrid.

Peradam

Jan 11, 2018
I really liked this fight 😅
I take this back.

A 20+ minute fight. I never want to see, let alone fight, this guy again - at least not until the actual game launches.

Watch them release the demo update's Town of Sacrifice map as a Queen's Knight drop or something.

Peradam

Jan 11, 2018
I'm undecided if I'm picking this up. Does it have Japanese VA at least? The English dub is downright horrid.
It should do; at least the Steam page has it listed. I found out the other day that Machio's voice actor from this season's Dumbbell anime also voices Louis, so I can't not pick Japanese voices now.

Last edited:

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
LOL! I started over because I was feeling over-leveled. I still managed to die once on the first boss when I got too greedy with hits. I should have stayed back. :/

I'm going to explore the depths tomorrow with my level 1 character.

Jill Valentine:
PakliJh.png

qecW9Io.png

fCP8Pn5.png

Peradam

Jan 11, 2018
LOL! I started over because I was feeling over-leveled. I still managed to die once on the first boss when I got too greedy with hits. I should have stayed back. :/

I'm going to explore the depths tomorrow with my level 1 character.

Jill Valentine:
PakliJh.png

qecW9Io.png

fCP8Pn5.png
Excellent Jill 👌

Good luck with the level 1! Overpowered magic carried me for a lot of it (I guess the benefit is that you can spend haze on gifts instead of levelling) and I'll probably rely on it once the update occurs, especially if there's a difficulty increase.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
When the game releases there are going to be 4 Era members, me included, to play this. 😅
Is somebody doing an OT at least?

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
When the game releases there are going to be 4 Era members, me included, to play this. 😅
Is somebody doing an OT at least?
Eh. I wish I could join you guys, but I'm broke. Unless it ends up with abysmal reviews, I'll pick it up during the holidays. Hopefully the community doesn't fizzle out by then.

This will be available for 25€ 1.5 months in.
I agree with this. Another reason to hold off buying on day one. Regardless of the game's quality, I have a feeling it's going to get the cold shoulder for its aesthetic, and for not being soulsborne enough for that community.

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Actually, what platform is everyone picking this up on? So we can trade info for co-op.

PS4 here. Feel free to PM me for my PSN.

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
Downloading the demo now. I hate the feel of the God Eater games, but they keep drawing me in with all the rest. This game is likely doing the same. Fucking Bamco.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I've never had a game interest me so much when first announced only to have it look worse and worse with each new gameplay video and info dump...I now have zero interest...the art style initially looked like it would be 50% anime and the rest traditional...now it looks 100% anime...world looks boring, level design and enemy design also look sub-par...Surge 2 actually looks better then this

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Downloading the demo now. I hate the feel of the God Eater games, but they keep drawing me in with all the rest. This game is likely doing the same. Fucking Bamco.
I'm not sure if I said this before, but the gameplay is an odd mashup of character action and restricted character movement. I have no soulseborne experience, so I can't compare it to that series/genre. The character movement does feel very God Eater, but restricted and slowed down. Stamina runs out faster, recovery frames are longer, etc. Some bosses and mini-bosses almost feel character action-like. The Queen's Knight could be an early boss in a Ninja Gaiden game, but you're up against it with this restricted movement. It can be incredibly jarring and difficult until you figure out its patterns. After that it's a pretty straight forward win. I assume the rest of the game will play this way.

Dezzy

Oct 25, 2017
USA
Played the demo expecting nothing, but I ended up liking it so I ordered it for PS4. I tried the demo on my PS4 Pro and Xbox One X and the Xbox version ran way worse. While it was 60 fps on PS4 Pro, it was probably 30 on the X with frame pacing issues. I imagine this game will have a much bigger audience on PS4 anyway.

Deleted member 25870

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
I finally got my level 1 win on the Queen's Knight. This took more attempts than I'd like to admit. To my surprise it was also a no damage run.

And no, I'm not doing a pipe run. Fuck that.

Oct 29, 2017
Played the demo expecting nothing, but I ended up liking it so I ordered it for PS4. I tried the demo on my PS4 Pro and Xbox One X and the Xbox version ran way worse. While it was 60 fps on PS4 Pro, it was probably 30 on the X with frame pacing issues. I imagine this game will have a much bigger audience on PS4 anyway.

I thought the EXACT same thing. I have a PS4 Pro and Xbox One X, and I somehow felt the PS4 Pro version looked better. I wish I knew for sure, because my main concern is which one will run better (no interest in multiplayer). Are there any definitive comparisons out there based on the demos yet?

Deleted member 2834

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It does run at 60 on PS4 Pro but the framerate is not particularly stable. It drops frames whenever there's action honestly.

Deleted member 2834

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
One useful tip: remap O and X so that you dodge on X. It improves the playability a lot. I also recommend swapping R1 and R2 so you can access your special moves (gifts) a little quicker. There's no point in having them on a trigger.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
A few people are streaming the full game and I watched a bit yesterday...game is hard lol,theres like tons of ennemies right from when you leave the Hub place...all single guys so far that I saw but one at every corner or hiding behind a Bus or whatever.

Peradam

Jan 11, 2018
I finally got my level 1 win on the Queen's Knight. This took more attempts than I'd like to admit. To my surprise it was also a no damage run.

And no, I'm not doing a pipe run. Fuck that.

GG!

One useful tip: remap O and X so that you dodge on X. It improves the playability a lot.
I did the same, makes it easier to reach the attack buttons. The only thing I wish I could change would be X to pick up items - with a lot of enemies around, it doesn't play nicely when trying to dodge because you inadvertently pick up an item drop instead and end up getting smacked.

Wise

Oct 27, 2017
Played a bit of it and I'm not getting this anytime soon. Was incredibly janky and combat felt lifeless

ABK281

Apr 5, 2018
Gave it another try after playing that early test awhile ago and hating it.

Yep, still sucks. Though I guess it does play slightly better than the last one so congrats to them on that.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
The Knight guy who you talk to to go to the Depths? I did, and I didn't see any new options. I deleted the demo and am redownloading it now to see if that fixes anything.

Yeah the new area should be in the same menu as the area you unlocked for beating the story portion of the demo

Should be selectable from the go to The Depths menu point

Schopenhauer

Oct 27, 2017
Just in case people were wondering you have to play in online mode to get the new area travel prompt.

New area is way bigger than the other depths area but looks and feels very similar. Now I am worrying that most of the game is going to look similar.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Does this game have a MP component? Summons?

You can co op Bosses with random players if they are too hard?

Edit, just read that it has co op. So I'm more inclined to give this a try. I'm tiring of hard games that don't let you get help. It's either this or The Surge 2.....

Last edited: