• We will be performing brief site maintenance momentarily. The site may be down for about ~20 minutes while we update our software.
  • We are delighted to introduce GiftBot 2.0, the next generation of our popular gifting feature. To celebrate, we'll be giving away some incredible prizes over the coming weeks in one big Giveaway Extravaganza!

Code Vein - Demo Announcement Trailer (Demo available September 3rd on PS4/XB1)

Uthred

Oct 25, 2017
I certainly agree that this feels like it'll be on heavy discount soon enough, The combat from the demo didnt impress me (oops, wait I forgot theres no middle ground stuff is only amazing or "garbage") but the deluxe is available for 25% (and a bit more due to exchange rates) and The Surge 2 just isnt doing it for me so I might grab this.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So how do I actually do online? I'm in the new map and have explored the whole thing (haven't killed the bosses) but never given the option to summon a player.

Shanaynay

Oct 27, 2017
So how do I actually do online? I'm in the new map and have explored the whole thing (haven't killed the bosses) but never given the option to summon a player.
You open your menu where you can change gear, check stats, etc and it's the third option. You can send a distress signal and someone can answer it, you can also set a password if you wanna play with a friend only.

Anyway, trying the demo and although I know the beta a while back was a network test it's sad to see there's literally nothing that has changed and it can still be such a miserable experience. It feels like they really want you to bring a damn AI partner along with you else you get shit like in "the den of darkness" where the first two bosses are alright to do on your own (idk about the two noblewoman yet) and then comes the main boss they somehow have triple the HP, takes off half your health and so on. Ontop of the pitiful amount of healing the regen give at first, have fun having like 1000+ hp, taking a hit from a boss that does like 500-600 and healing for only 300 with your renewable healing.

Of course in coop with another person, unless you're a perfect player you'll have to quit out of a session/get reinvited because oh boy, you start with only an amazing 2 of your renewable heal (until you get more maybe) I have 4 and am still at 2 so I guess it's 2 less when you play coop and you of course still can't interact with the mistle to level up, you need to quit and come back which cut the session so abruptly.

It's got potential but godamn is it so janky and miserable at time.