• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States

Apparently just straight up a demo and not a beta like the last one. Hopefully they took the feedback from that and polished the rough edges.

The video title has PC listed but the description and actual video only say the demo is for PS4/XB1.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
I didn't mind the beta, even if it was still a little rough. Will try out the demo to see what has changed.
I doubt it sways me to pick it up Day 1, but it's definitely on my radar to play at some point.

ShadowAUS

Feb 20, 2019
Australia
I'm a sucker for Vampires (and Anime), so I've always been likely in for day 1 no matter the jank but I'm kind of sad we don't seem to be getting a PC demo as one of the things that would instantly turn me off is poor performance.

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
There were a fair number of issues in the network test but I hope they've at least addressed combat feel and frame rate dips. I had fun with it, so I'm definitely still on board.

Oct 27, 2017
When this game was first announced and dubbed "A spin on the Souls genre" I was all in. Then the beta came and people hated it. I REALLY hope they make adjustments and can turn the game around in time. I love the look and vibe of the game. I want it to do well.

Zeno

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been impressed by Code Vein, but that was a very well-done trailer.

Bonejack

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder if that is the same demo they had at GamesCom ... that wasn't good at all. Pretty much the only demo i stopped playing before time/demo was over.

Jashobeam

Oct 27, 2017
I'll give it a try, if it controls good and the challenge is fair it could turn out to be a good game, I am willing to give it a chance

Imitatio

Feb 19, 2018
Wow, the trailer actually is really cool.

Too bad it seems to be better than the actual game from the impressions I gathered so far and when I played the Beta.

Detective Pidgey

Alt Account
Banned
Jun 4, 2019
Unlocked framerate right? Because I see these constant micro stutters when I rotate the camera.

Also I hope they give a option to have larger text for the banter, because I have the voices in Japanese and the text is too small.

ianpm31

Oct 27, 2017
Based on my experience with the alpha the combat and level design was very average to bland. Everything else was cool

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any improvements to the combat or its feel in this demo compared to the previous one?

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
So excited to finally try this, I didn't play the closed alpha.

Bummer about no PC though. Hope the console versions run nicely!

Altera

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Nope, you get different types as you go along. Start out with the sword and hammer though and can't seem to unequip either.
That's not a big deal then. At least to me.

Now I just need someone to tell me if progress carries over to the full game. I probably won't bother with the demo if it doesn't as I don't want to go through character creator and the same content again if it doesn't.

Oct 27, 2017
Gave the PS4 version a quick try.....will play more later.

Feels alot like Dark Souls and Bloodborne the way you move, attack, lock on and dodge. You can switch "classes" at any time and be a mage type instead of a fighter, etc....when you do so, you should switch weapons as the ones for one class arent suitable for others. Graphically its very clean so far, soundtrack is cool too. Not really following the story so far, but it's intriguing enough to keep me guessing and wanting to play more.

Went from off my radar, to definitely interested now that i've tried the demo.

Shawcroft

Oct 29, 2017
Game definitely has an uphill battle ahead of it.

Like others have said, maybe the budget was low enough for it to still make them some money even with modest sales. Though the bevy of delays probably threw somewhat of a wrench in that.

Personally really wasn't impressed with the beta. Will give the demo a try one of those days to see if anything changed.

But for now, I'm all in for Surge 2 as I loved the first one.

Deleted member 864

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I've played some of the demo...and it's interesting. I'm not quite clicking with the combat yet but I'm excited to experiment with it more, and I don't have a major opinion on the world or story yet. The game is not a day 1 purchase for me, but I wouldn't mind getting it in the future maybe during a good sale.

The character creation is pretty great, I was surprised at how many options there were for pretty much everything about your character.

BadWolf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Though the bevy of delays probably threw somewhat of a wrench in that.

Iirc someone mentioned that the delay wasn't due to Code Vein itself but because of God Eater 3.

God Eater 3 was stuck in development hell so they basically had the team stop working on CV to help finish GE3.

If true this means that CV didn't really benefit (or lose out) from the delay, which is also why the previous playable demo was so similar to the gameplay we saw before the delay.

Masagiwa

Jan 27, 2018
Gonna try the demo this week. It has to do something really special for me to buy it day 1 with so many games coming out.

Schopenhauer

Oct 27, 2017
Finished the demo and while it didn't really feel comparable to Souls or Nioh quality wise it was still fun. I need a souls-like to tide me over till Nioh 2 comes out so I guess it will be CV.

That's not a big deal then. At least to me.

Now I just need someone to tell me if progress carries over to the full game. I probably won't bother with the demo if it doesn't as I don't want to go through character creator and the same content again if it doesn't.
A popup at the start says that it does not carry over.

It isn't that long, just the intro dungeon with boss and a side area with 2 mini bosses and a tougher boss at the end, and you can pick a default character.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
Played the demo now

Not amazing and I do think I would enjoy the full game and do like the aesthetic when it comes to characters but oof does it feel like it lacks polish. Combat feels really stiff. Animations, enemies that only minimally react to hits, stuff like sprint when locked on only kicking in after holding the sprint/combo button for a while

The whole pace of the combat just seems slower than it should be

Environments suck and the world doesn't look like there is going to be any interesting environments and if there is a moment where you venture out of the city and suddenly you get some much more varied, colorful interesting areas then they probably should have shown some of this stuff before.

Ricker

Oct 27, 2017
Beautiful Province of Quebec.
That was a sweet trailer...I enjoyed the Beta enough,downloading the demo now but I think this one will have to wait with Borderlands,Iceborne,Gears 5 earlier but I will grab this at one point for sure,unles it's bad,obviously...

Oct 26, 2017
Enjoyed the demo a lot more than I thought I would. Combat might need a few more tweaks (the dodge in particular) but overall it was a fun experience.

The character creator was surprisingly in depth too.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
The demo is perfectly fine. It feels better than the beta/alpha thing I tried awhile back.

I'm sure if I got the full game it would be fun.

But considering how close it releases to The Surge 2, I think I'll go with that instead.

Mechaplum

Enlightened
Oct 26, 2017
JP
Level design seems to be worst of the lot amongst all the souls-like(haven't played Lords of the Fallen).

It is slightly fun though having a companion certainly makes me lazy and not really paying attention. Only had difficulty with the last boss of the dungeon. Dodge isn't as responsive as Bloodborne for sure so took a bit getting used to.

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
Iirc someone mentioned that the delay wasn't due to Code Vein itself but because of God Eater 3.

God Eater 3 was stuck in development hell so they basically had the team stop working on CV to help finish GE3.

If true this means that CV didn't really benefit (or lose out) from the delay, which is also why the previous playable demo was so similar to the gameplay we saw before the delay.
Two separate developers made the games, so I doubt that :/