• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DarkFlame92

Nov 10, 2017
Is the NPC coop thing mandatory ? I love playing solo soulslike games . If I can solo,I might give it a try

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I certainly agree that this feels like it'll be on heavy discount soon enough, The combat from the demo didnt impress me (oops, wait I forgot theres no middle ground stuff is only amazing or "garbage") but the deluxe is available for 25% (and a bit more due to exchange rates) and The Surge 2 just isnt doing it for me so I might grab this.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So how do I actually do online? I'm in the new map and have explored the whole thing (haven't killed the bosses) but never given the option to summon a player.

Shan

Oct 27, 2017
So how do I actually do online? I'm in the new map and have explored the whole thing (haven't killed the bosses) but never given the option to summon a player.
You open your menu where you can change gear, check stats, etc and it's the third option. You can send a distress signal and someone can answer it, you can also set a password if you wanna play with a friend only.

Anyway, trying the demo and although I know the beta a while back was a network test it's sad to see there's literally nothing that has changed and it can still be such a miserable experience. It feels like they really want you to bring a damn AI partner along with you else you get shit like in "the den of darkness" where the first two bosses are alright to do on your own (idk about the two noblewoman yet) and then comes the main boss they somehow have triple the HP, takes off half your health and so on. Ontop of the pitiful amount of healing the regen give at first, have fun having like 1000+ hp, taking a hit from a boss that does like 500-600 and healing for only 300 with your renewable healing.

Of course in coop with another person, unless you're a perfect player you'll have to quit out of a session/get reinvited because oh boy, you start with only an amazing 2 of your renewable heal (until you get more maybe) I have 4 and am still at 2 so I guess it's 2 less when you play coop and you of course still can't interact with the mistle to level up, you need to quit and come back which cut the session so abruptly.

It's got potential but godamn is it so janky and miserable at time.

Deleted member 25870

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Played co-op a few times today. Netcode is trash or nonexistent. It feels like old Quake matches where I need to think ahead almost a full second, predicting positioning, defense, and attacks. You are designated bait and support as the joining player.

It was still fun (novel) to finally play with a friend. Just know what you're getting into if you're buying this to primarily play co-op.

Odd limitations too. You can't access the mistle while another player is in your session, and you can't use permanent upgrade items like regen+. Simply have them quit, do what you need, and then rejoin. Such an unnecessary work around.

Add: Also, 2B - Rather than trying to recreate the "ballerina" outfit, I decided to go the t-shirt and skirt route I've seen in a few fan arts.

ks5V58l.png

6CaQ36s.png

ktY83v5.png

Last edited:

sensui-tomo

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wanted to get this game, but man did it just come out at the worst time between everything. I am going to get it though eventually.

Peradam

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Jan 11, 2018
I hate to be a downer, but a handful of people (or less) in an OT at release would be kinda sad; whoever makes one will have my sympathy in advance. But you never know - positive reviews would generate more interest here, I just wouldn't like to guess where the meta will settle for this game. It could be anywhere from 50 - 80; I've never felt so uncertain about guessing a score.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I hate to be a downer, but a handful of people (or less) in an OT at release would be kinda sad; whoever makes one will have my sympathy in advance. But you never know - positive reviews would generate more interest here, I just wouldn't like to guess where the meta will settle for this game. It could be anywhere from 50 - 80; I've never felt so uncertain about guessing a score.

I think the character creator will get the bulk of the praise but the combat and level design are going drag things down hard.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
I think the character creator will get the bulk of the praise but the combat and level design are going drag things down hard.

Combat while a bit janky can still be pretty fun but yeah level design is really bad and watching Elajjaz when he was allowed to play the full game up to a certain point some areas were only marginally better

Thewonandonly

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Utah
I wanted to get this game, but man did it just come out at the worst time between everything. I am going to get it though eventually.
Right if this came out in July or august then that's a easy 60 bucks. Yet right now I got gears 5 to beat, borderlands 3 to beat, still have to get links awaking, blasphemous looks good, haven't got control yet, and the surge two is getting pretty good reviews. Then this comes out and well sorry code vain but September killed my wallet.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Combat while a bit janky can still be pretty fun but yeah level design is really bad and watching Elajjaz when he was allowed to play the full game up to a certain point some areas were only marginally better

The combat works. I liked it enough to play most of the demos content. I just wish it had more oomph to it.

Sanox

Oct 25, 2017
The combat works. I liked it enough to play most of the demos content. I just wish it had more oomph to it.

Yeah I enjoyed it as well and agree hits lack oomph which sucks because people have been complaining about this since the game was first shown and more feedback on hits really goes a long way of making combat more satisfying

Oct 25, 2017
Good demo. Like the classes, and customization. It's a little slow, and I don't really enjoy having a companion all that much but it doesn't hurt things I guess. Combat does indeed lack feedback and oomph, but I found it responsive and reasonably balanced. Demo definitely convinced me to nab it on Steam.

Xavi

Oct 27, 2017
Lightning for Smash
Played co-op a few times today. Netcode is trash or nonexistent. It feels like old Quake matches where I need to think ahead almost a full second, predicting positioning, defense, and attacks. You are designated bait and support as the joining player.

It was still fun (novel) to finally play with a friend. Just know what you're getting into if you're buying this to primarily play co-op.

Odd limitations too. You can't access the mistle while another player is in your session, and you can't use permanent upgrade items like regen+. Simply have them quit, do what you need, and then rejoin. Such an unnecessary work around.

Add: Also, 2B - Rather than trying to recreate the "ballerina" outfit, I decided to go the t-shirt and skirt route I've seen in a few fan arts.

ks5V58l.png

6CaQ36s.png

ktY83v5.png
This is pretty amazing, I'm probably gonna spend like 3 hours making my character

Deleted member 25870

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Good demo. Like the classes, and customization. It's a little slow, and I don't really enjoy having a companion all that much but it doesn't hurt things I guess. Combat does indeed lack feedback and oomph, but I found it responsive and reasonably balanced. Demo definitely convinced me to nab it on Steam.
You get to a point where you can disable the companion. It's a whole different game then.

drewfonse

Oct 28, 2017
Only played a fairly short bit, but I liked it more than I expected. Kind of surprised at how good looking it is on the 1X.very interested in how this reviews tomorrow. I may get it.

Also, why would I disable a companion, in terms of damage output? Aren't they basically free shots?

nilbog

Oct 25, 2017
Just another bump for how good that character customization is in this game. The demo was pretty easy for me which I'm ok with, I tend to get pretty frustrated in souls-like games. I expect it to get tough but hopefully manageable.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone got their copy yet? I'm buying this tomorrow as I enjoyed the demo and there's nothing else that interests me at the moment.

Yu Narukami

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Does an OT need to be fancy? Someone could create one without the usual pictures or banners. Or a mod could rename this one.

Code Vein |OT| You're already dead

Jay-T

Oct 28, 2017
So I've spent close to 9 hours playing the demo and i've reached Lv 60 with a +6 Greatsword. this is a definite buy for me now

OP
OP
Snowfruit

Snowfruit

Teyvat Traveler
Jun 8, 2018
United States
Didn't end up playing this demo much unfortunately, I only messed around with the character creator. Rather play the actual game on my PC. Just need to hear if the PC port is good and I'm in.

Kayla

Oct 28, 2017
I didn't play the demo but I love the character creator. I wanna make a sexy cute anime girl. šŸ˜